Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RandyM

Thread: Loader Bucket Control

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-13-2016 @ 01:42 AM
    Thanks

Loader Bucket Control

I could not figure out how to post a new question so I came here. What I need to know is how do you stop the bucket from floating. I want to have the bucket stay where I put it. I like about a 45 degree tilt and then pull the gravel or dirt running the tractor backwards. Right now it is stuck in float and it just slides over the top of the piles leaving all the bumps without doing any leveling. I see in the responses everyone says how to make the bucket float but no one ever said how to turn the floating off and lock the bucket where you want it.
    Last edited by alanduq; 10-12-2016 at 05:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Float only affects the loader arms. To take the arms out of float, simply pull back on the loader control lever and it will snap out of the float position. If you've lifted the arms, you have taken it out of float.

If your bucket is curling up when trying to back drag, that is not related to the arms floating.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alanduq View Post
    I could not figure out how to post a new question so I came here. What I need to know is how do you stop the bucket from floating. I want to have the bucket stay where I put it. I like about a 45 degree tilt and then pull the gravel or dirt running the tractor backwards. Right now it is stuck in float and it just slides over the top of the piles leaving all the bumps without doing any leveling. I see in the responses everyone says how to make the bucket float but no one ever said how to turn the floating off and lock the bucket where you want it.
    Float is not an "on/off" thing. It's a mode. You are either in it or you aren't. To put the loader into float mode you push the SCV lever all the way forward. Any other position is NOT in float mode. So if you are in float and want to leave that mode, you just bump your lever back until it "unclicks".

If you are able to raise/lower your loader or tilt your bucket then you aren't stuck in float
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    If the bucket is not holding its position curling up when back dragging then what is the issue? Leaky SCV?
    Last edited by mrnick; 10-12-2016 at 08:18 PM.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Thanks

Regen?

Quote Originally Posted by mrnick View Post
    If the bucket is not holding its position curling up when back dragging then what is the issue? Leaky SCV?
    I'll take a wild guess that you are moving the control position over into a "regen" or rapid dump. That allows the weight of the bucket to dump it. The only problem is that the back side of the cylinders don't have fluid so the bucket will flop back up.

Try moving the control slightly to dump so it's a much more controlled dump. If that doesn't work, put the bucket on the ground and move to a dump position you want for back dragging. If that doesn't work, you've got an issue in the system somewhere.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-13-2016 @ 01:42 AM
    Thanks

John Deere TLB110 Bucket won't hold (curls) when back dragging.

It seems the only position the bucket will hold for back dragging is when the bottom of the bucket is completely vertical. I swear that it sometimes holds when not completely vertical but I do not know how I get it to do it. I thought the levers on the back of the bucket would stop it from curling but they seem to do nothing. Sorry for my ignorance about those levers, but I am a new owner.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,807 Times in 2,415 Posts
    It seems the only position the bucket will hold for back dragging is when the bottom of the bucket is completely vertical. I swear that it sometimes holds when not completely vertical but I do not know how I get it to do it. I thought the levers on the back of the bucket would stop it from curling but they seem to do nothing. Sorry for my ignorance about those levers, but I am a new owner.
    You really need to start a new thread, your 110TLB has NOTHING in common with the one this this thread is about.

The levers on the bucket are for removing it so you can attach other implements like a grapple or forks.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    You really need to start a new thread, your 110TLB has NOTHING in common with the one this this thread is about.

The levers on the bucket are for removing it so you can attach other implements like a grapple or forks.
    I will help you fellas out and make this its own thread. I also gave it a new title worthy of the question. And, I think I put it in a more appropriate section.

To add to the OP's question, I find that some times I have to just bump the bucket in the up direction to get it to hold position after lowering it for back dragging.
    Last edited by RandyM; 10-13-2016 at 09:43 AM.
    56FordGuy and Zebrafive like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RandyM For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive(10-13-2016)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements