Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GT Cookbook?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks

GT Cookbook?

It occurred to me that it might be nice if all of these recipes and techniques were eventually expanded, edited and categorized into a cookbook...with pictures maybe?...provided that anyone was interested...AND...someone with the skills and patience were to volunteer to do the work. I don't have those skills, but I would be willing to do what I could, including adding some more tried and true old family country recipes and BGE recipes and techniques. What say ye?
    Have wings, will travel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I think it sounds like a SUPER idea! I can help with organization, and editing, as long as it is done during the winter months, and isn't a "rush" job! My biggest limit is my limited data available per billing cycle (5GB), so adding photos will be a problem on my end. But to have a GTT Cook Book would really be neat!

What do the rest of y'all think? Would you be willing to share old family recipes, as well as some of your other favorites?
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:38 PM
    Thanks
    Being a computer guy, I can help. The first thing that needs to be decided is the format. I would suggest that an electronic version would be more preferable than a printed version. How about the name "Cooking with GTT" and create a section on the forum to post it?????? Farmgirl19 gets credit for the name.

I am pretty busy right now publishing a 260 page town history, but will be finished in the not too distant future. I already did another one with 200 pages. These are published in html internet code for a genealogy web site.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Being a computer guy, I can help. The first thing that needs to be decided is the format. I would suggest that an electronic version would be more preferable than a printed version. How about the name "Cooking with GTT" and create a section on the forum to post it?????? Farmgirl19 gets credit for the name.

I am pretty busy right now publishing a 260 page town history, but will be finished in the not too distant future. I already did another one with 200 pages. These are published in html internet code for a genealogy web site.

Dave
    I can't see that there's any rush; it will take a long time just to get everybody informed and collect the recipes. I see nothing wrong with an electronic version, in fact there are probably several advantages. It would be nice if the pictures were used, but not necessary by any means. It would also be preferable if the recipes and the whole book were printable and capable of being downloaded, copied and attached to an email. I have an example from another site that I could send to you to illustrate what I mean.
    Have wings, will travel.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    12-24-2016 @ 10:23 PM
    Thanks
    Well.....

I could figure out measurements on a few and toss them on the pile with pics.
    I suppose I should write stuff down sooner or later anyhow, and this would be a good opportunity.

Is this going to be a printed thing for sale or a download type thing?

8. Top | #6
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    Since we are all just volunteering, and it isn't really an "official" book, I think downloadable is best, but in a format that those that download it can print, should they choose to. That way, no one is out the cost of printing, and then needing to sell them to recover the costs.

I think this will be FUN, and exciting! We could even have a contest, where folks can enter photos of their tractor for a chance to have their tractor on the front cover, or back cover. Might have to figure out a way to have an impartial "judging panel" for that, but could also add a little fun in the photo category, as well as for recipes and their pics!
    Last edited by farmgirl19; 10-21-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:44 PM
    Thanks
    How about a Wiki. It could have submission templates, so it would be user edited, but still somewhat controlled as to what went into it. Printable PDFs could be made periodically from the content.

I'm happy to contribute in any way that doesn't require me to be any sort of editor.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:33 AM
    Thanks
    Sounds like a fun and tasty idea.
    - Mike - 2012 John Deere 3320 eHydro with cab, 300cx loader

John Deere 6' 6" 3 point snow blower, Frontier 48" pallet forks, King Kutter 5' box blade, 6' back blade, 5' rake, 5' tiller, and 5' brush hog, Northstar log splitter, Chief 22 gpm PTO pump, 8'6" hydraulic V-Plow, BXpanded 72" Piranha toothbar.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    03-07-2018 @ 02:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I think this will be FUN, and exciting! We could even have a contest, where folks can enter photos of their tractor for a chance to have their tractor on the front cover, or back cover. Might have to figure out a way to have an impartial "judging panel" for that, but could also add a little fun in the photo category, as well as for recipes and their pics!
    I like the idea. Sadly, a lot of my "family recipes" come from online sources and cookbooks, but there are a few that would probably qualify.

I want to see some photos of people eating their home-cooked creations while sitting on their tractor.
    Andy B.

1966 110 Lawn Tractor
    2012 2520 - DELIVERED 27APR2012!!!

Tractor that I used to own - 1954 40 Utility
    KB3WPN

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    There's an old cookbook that a small, country–town bank would give away years ago. The bank was called ,"The Cow Pasture Bank". The cookbook is the only remnant I have of the bank as it closed several years ago. The grass landing strip behind the building was built for bank customers that flew small planes and wanted to fly in to do their banking. A pretty unique bank IMO.

I can share some recipes from that cookbook. It was printed in 1976.

Last edited by green and red man; 10-23-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    The man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."

–Henry Ford

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast