Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Bill Berger

Thread: Home-made Chicken Stew

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks

Home-made Chicken Stew

Well, the wife has her first cold of the season, she's trying to pass it on to me, but I ain't havin' none of that, if I can help it.
    Gonna' nip this in the bud quick-like today.
    Already pulled out two chicken breasts from the freezer, got'em thawing out in a big pan of tap water.
    Should be 'bout ready to put them in a stew pot (3 gallon stainless pot) somewhere around 10:00 this a.m.
    Cover with water three times the depth of the chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and put on a slow-roll boil.
    Let them boil for about an hour and turn the heat down to #2 setting, take the breasts out and let'em cool down, keep the same broth in the pot (that's the part that kicks a$$ on the cold-bug), strip the meat off the breasts when cool enough to handle with hands, toss it back in the low-heat pot, add some garlic salt to taste, some black pepper, some baby carrots, couple spoon fulls of Wylers Chicken Flavor granules.
    Let it cook till the carrots are soft and tender enough, add a bag of old-fashioned wide egg noodles, and about 20-30 minutes later when the noodles are just right, it's time to eat.
    Don't forget some nice Italian bread, sliced, buttered, and a little dash of garlic salt on each one, and a pinch of oregano flakes, heated in the oven @ 300* just long enough to lightly bake them on a tray.
    Nice cold iced tea, and it's time to chow down.
    The I.R.S. must love poor folks, they create more and more every day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    You made me want soup!

Thanks

No chicken here but some good beef bones for soup, going to cook them overnight tonight...
    Hope your wife feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berger View Post
    Well, the wife has her first cold of the season, she's trying to pass it on to me, but I ain't havin' none of that, if I can help it.
    Gonna' nip this in the bud quick-like today.
    Already pulled out two chicken breasts from the freezer, got'em thawing out in a big pan of tap water.
    Should be 'bout ready to put them in a stew pot (3 gallon stainless pot) somewhere around 10:00 this a.m.
    Cover with water three times the depth of the chicken breasts at the bottom of the pot and put on a slow-roll boil.
    Let them boil for about an hour and turn the heat down to #2 setting, take the breasts out and let'em cool down, keep the same broth in the pot (that's the part that kicks a$$ on the cold-bug), strip the meat off the breasts when cool enough to handle with hands, toss it back in the low-heat pot, add some garlic salt to taste, some black pepper, some baby carrots, couple spoon fulls of Wylers Chicken Flavor granules.
    Let it cook till the carrots are soft and tender enough, add a bag of old-fashioned wide egg noodles, and about 20-30 minutes later when the noodles are just right, it's time to eat.
    Don't forget some nice Italian bread, sliced, buttered, and a little dash of garlic salt on each one, and a pinch of oregano flakes, heated in the oven @ 300* just long enough to lightly bake them on a tray.
    Nice cold iced tea, and it's time to chow down.
    Kevin

Diesel Fuel Lube Group Buy - Opti-Lube Diesel Fuel Additives

Bale Supply - Hay & Ranching Supplies

Green Tractor Talk - John Deere Online Community

JD Tech Talk - John Deere Blog

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements