I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream!

  1. Top | #1
    Bubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,578
    Thanks
    445
    Thanked 601 Times in 385 Posts

    I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream!

    Summer is in full swing. We generally make a batch of ice cream on Friday evenings, sometimes Saturdays, depends on who wants what type. This Friday it was Blueberry Ice Cream.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UMTgKMD-_5ycKmRUsCLN5-7Cy-BO-hGnc39_XaGW7DEhAGS9m4djfoXtcSBXKVUhQmKXHXhCYL6y9b1Yt5SCiAOohmBKF_kC.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	632202

    Base Ice Cream Recipe:
    2 Cups Heavy Cream
    2 Cups Half N Half
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 Tablespoon Homemade Vanilla Extract (This may be left out depending on what else is added)

    To make it blueberry I added 1 pint of blueberries run through the food processor. I also omitted the vanilla extract on accident.

    It was very good. I've been wanting to try blueberry for a long time, much to everyone's dismay. The good news is that it was a big hit! So good.
    2014 2032r Classic...


    -Dan

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubber For This Useful Post:

    gbnpp05 (06-19-2018)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    RodW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 115 Times in 76 Posts
    Try this recipe some day with your favorite fruit. The marshmallows give it a much creamier texture than most homemade ice cream.

    4 cups milk, divided
    2 cups miniature marshmallows
    4 eggs, well beaten
    2˝ cups sugar
    2 cups half-and-half
    1 cup whipping cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4 cups pureed fresh strawberries

    Combine 2 cups milk and marshmallows in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until marshmallows dissolve. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees.
    .
    Remove from heat, and add remaining 2 cups milk, sugar, half-and-half, whipping cream, and vanilla. Chill.

    Combine strawberries and milk mixture in freezer can of a 5-quart, hand-turned or electric ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ripen for about 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1gallon.
    Last edited by RodW; 06-16-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    X350 (2016) and Accessories
    Assorted Stihl & Grizzly tools
    My wife says that's all I need for my measly 1/2 acre...

  5. Top | #3
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    19,783
    Thanks
    1,058
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    When we lived off-grid and my daughter was young it was a great treat to make ice cream. It took some advance planning in the summer to have enough ice. In the winter it was much easier as we used snow instead.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82F725C5-5085-464F-8B5A-8AC35847122E.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	632274
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,306
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 503 Times in 361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodW View Post
    Try this recipe some day with your favorite fruit. The marshmallows give it a much creamier texture than most homemade ice cream.

    4 cups milk, divided
    2 cups miniature marshmallows
    4 eggs, well beaten
    2˝ cups sugar
    2 cups half-and-half
    1 cup whipping cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4 cups pureed fresh strawberries

    Combine 2 cups milk and marshmallows in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until marshmallows dissolve. Gradually stir about one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees.
    .
    Remove from heat, and add remaining 2 cups milk, sugar, half-and-half, whipping cream, and vanilla. Chill.

    Combine strawberries and milk mixture in freezer can of a 5-quart, hand-turned or electric ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Let ripen for about 1 hour before serving. Yield: 1gallon.
    Let's get these recipes in the GTT cook book! A real treasure of home cooking recipes!
    Have wings, will travel.

  8. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    19,772
    Thanks
    1,065
    Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Let's get these recipes in the GTT cook book! A real treasure of home cooking recipes!
    Done.
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

  9. Top | #6
    2LaneCruzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,306
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 503 Times in 361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Done.
    Don't EVEN show up on the procrastination thread!
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

  10. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    19,772
    Thanks
    1,065
    Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    Don't EVEN show up on the procrastination thread!
    I’ll get to that when I can.
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

  11. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,579
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 437 Times in 337 Posts
    When we had a dairy cow, my (at that time) 12 year old daughter became an ice cream guru,

    We had at least 4 ice cream makers,, after mastering one,, she started using another,,
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  12. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 03:51 PM
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    342
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
    Well this thread is going to be dangerous for my health....

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  13. Top | #10
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,134
    Thanks
    3,002
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    When we lived off-grid and my daughter was young it was a great treat to make ice cream. It took some advance planning in the summer to have enough ice. In the winter it was much easier as we used snow instead.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82F725C5-5085-464F-8B5A-8AC35847122E.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	632274
    we had one of these as a kid too. my dad just loved homemade ice cream when i was a kid. my mother used canned milk in her reciepe back then. and when we got snowed in my dad would walk the mile to our little town back then for some real milk for us kids-and 6 cans of the canned milk so he could make homemade ice cream then.

    as far as in the summer-there was a ice shack in the next town-so on picnics my dad would stop in and get 2 chunks of ice-one for the ice cream to make-and one for the soda pop for us kids. man-i loved them picnics back then. pop-ice cream-watermelon-all cooled by them bg chunks of ice.all stuff now i shouldn't have to eat
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •