Thread: GTT Cook-off?

1. Top | #1
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts

GTT Cook-off?

Another thread mentioned a Cook-off among some members. I think it sounds like loads of fun!!! In fact, it doesn't even have to be a cook-off of the same dishes! Each participant could choose what they want to make. (Hey, it is more about fun, a meet up, and good food, than about seeing how many pots of the same dish can be made.) So, might not be a true cook-off, but fun and tasty, none-the-less.

If it were to be held in Texas, someplace a little north of Denton might work. Away from the bigger cities, and close enough to the OK line to pull those members in.

Might be an awesome way to put faces with names, but I also realize it can be hard for everyone to make long treks.

You would not have to enter a dish to attend, but you would have to sample what is prepared!!

Some of the smaller towns might have fairgrounds or large city parks we could book to hold such an awesome event, and might sweeten the pot, if they think we are going to descend on them for something like this. Sort of put their name on the map. Who knows, if the town has a local JD dealer, they might want to get involved too.

So, is this something that would be possible, for enough members, or do the logistics of us being so spread out make it not feasible?

Let me know here, and I'll see how many serious responses we get! Serious replies, if you say you plan to try to attend, please. Too much time and effort and expense if only 3 people will show up. Would likely have to be Spring or Fall, as summer heat in Texas would be too much for many to bear!
    Bubber likes this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Thanks
    I'd be in for that. Another venue option might be a park with a camp ground/cabins/rooms of some sort. Some state parks in GA have camp grounds and lodges, maybe Texas does too. This would give a lot of accommodation options.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    2014 2032r Classic...

-Dan

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks
    index

I can offer an RV park, plus other amenities and it is next to a state fishing lake of good size. Do not know about kitchen facilities. 1/2 mile off US 69 hwy and is about 200 miles north of Tulsa.

Dave
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

farmgirl19 (01-28-2015)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    I will volunteer to be a judge. I can eat far better than I can cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2 and farmgirl19 like this.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Thanks
    I'll go with affirmative on that; sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Fall is a busy time for car shows, but except for the week of Sept. 19, most dates can be worked around. Most things I cook require refrigeration and a kitchen, but on the other hand some things can be done in advance. It depends of how many folks there are to cook for and what I am cooking. As they say, the devil is in the details.
    farmgirl19 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements