Coffee,, black,, Thank You,, Which one!!?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Coffee,, black,, Thank You,, Which one!!??

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,479 Posts
    You guys sound like scientists. I started drinking coffee black when I started out in the Army in 1965. I can pretty much drink anything, except the strong stuff from Starbucks. I had it once while waiting in an airport and Starbucks was all that was available, but couldn't finish it. At home we use Maxwell House medium for the coffee pot and Victory brand Morning Blend for individual cups. We have a high-tech ($29.95) Hamilton Beach which has a regular pot on the left and a K cup deal on the right. I like the Victory coffee best, plus it is a Veteran owned company. We buy it at Odd Lots, but it's available from Amazon and factory direct. I am too cheap to pay the price for a regular Keurig machine.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, ColonyPark and 7 others like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:56 AM
    Thanks
    I never had coffee until the birth of my daughter. The long nights during her first year made it tough to sleep. I donít like soda or energy drinks so I started drinking coffee in order to help get thru the day. That was 19 years ago. Today, coffee is part of my morning. 4-5 cups, maybe a dash of half and half and thatís it.

I am addicted, and not matter where Iím at or what Iím doing, I make sure I have access to that wonderful cup of life every morning.
    JD 5052R
    JD 5100M
    JD 835M XUV
    JD 650G Dozer
    Kubota KX-057
    Kubota ZD1211

4. Top | #23

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:03 AM
    Thanks

Coffee

I used to only drink coffee in the mornings, never after noon or so.

Now, I drink coffee sun-up to bedtime. Having tried everything from Starbucks to Dunkin' Donuts coffee, I now would only drink Starbucks (Pike Place, which is now the house blend, I guess) when I'm traveling.

At home, it's a regular old Cuisinart brand coffee maker, and Folger's Gourmet Supreme. I like dark, heavy duty coffee, so we have two coffee makers at home (my wife uses a Kuerig k-cup type), because my wife drinks what I consider to be "tea"....very weak coffee for her.

I'm half 'n half, with sugar, so I guess I'm not a "conniseur", and haven't got into deep study of coffee roasting, chemical composition, temperatures, water quality, etc., as I just have tried about every coffee brand there is, including buying beans and grinding them, but have settled on one I like, which is, after all, what coffee SHOULD be (one you llike).
    Last edited by powrguy; 12-20-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 4 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    You guys sound like scientists. I started drinking coffee black when I started out in the Army in 1965. I can pretty much drink anything, except the strong stuff from Starbucks. I had it once while waiting in an airport and Starbucks was all that was available, but couldn't finish it. At home we use Maxwell House medium for the coffee pot and Victory brand Morning Blend for individual cups. We have a high-tech ($29.95) Hamilton Beach which has a regular pot on the left and a K cup deal on the right. I like the Victory coffee best, plus it is a Veteran owned company. We buy it at Odd Lots, but it's available from Amazon and factory direct. I am too cheap to pay the price for a regular Keurig machine.
    I have the same coffee pot. Is your lid warped from the heat?
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

7. Top | #25
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    I drink black and always have. Mrs., puts flavored foo foo stuff in herís. We have a Keurig and a grinder that we grind as needed. We usually buy whole bean Dunkin Donuts, but from time to time try other brands. We also use distilled water in the Keurig. Winter time I drink a lot of coffee.
    At work we go threw a lot of coffee, with a Bun and Folgers bought buy the cases at Sams club
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 3 others like this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

8. Top | #26

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    Weíve had a Bunn A-10 for about 5 years now, 205F and brews a 10cup pot in 3 minutes
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 4 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

9. Top | #27
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Currently, Folgers Black Silk K-Cups, cream and sugar.
    I do whatever coffee with a little hot cocoa powder and a splash of milk. In the Marines I wouldn't let any of the MRE junk go to waste, so I would dump the coffee, creamer and cocoa packet all in together and then realized that it wasn't that bad. If I'm not at home with my special additives I'll basically drink any coffee that is offered and only black if I can't have it my normal way.
    Last edited by PJR832; 12-20-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, pcabe5 and 4 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #28
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    I am a black coffee drinker and I use a pour over method of brew.

I buy from a local roaster, Steel Cup Coffee in Pittsburgh, their Ethiopian beans, and received them within 24 hours of roasting. I then store the beans in an Airscape canister (let's you press the air out), and then fresh grind when ready to brew.

I drink 32oz of that a day. :D
    Gizmo2, ColonyPark, PaDave and 1 others like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

11. Top | #29
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,167 Times in 988 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I donít know what blend my Tim Hortonís coffee is but oh so good for me!

Funny, there is a Tim Horton's on every corner it seems here, and I can't remember what their coffee tastes like. I do love their iced tea though. A large iced tea with half a shot of sugar to just barely take the bitterness out, and I'm good to go. I'll have to try a cup of their plain decaf black the next time I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    You guys sound like scientists.

It's about time you figured it out. That's why their is so many important "technical" topics we discuss here.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, PaDave and 4 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

12. Top | #30

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    I drink my coffee black. I like Black Rifle Companyís ďJust BlackĒ. Good online company that is Veteren Owned.
    2012 John Deere 2320 with FEL & 54Ē MMM
    Previously 2007 JD 2305
    Previously 2003 JD 2210
    Previously 1993 JD 265

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast