Today @ 10:23 AM
    Thanks
    I better take better care of my $29 grill,,
    I see the price is now up to $59,,,

The one I usually get does not have a thermometer,, or storage rack,,
    so, I may find one for less some day,,

I think mine still has a good 5 years left,,,

That little ash bucket at the bottom is a real necessity,,
    I do not know what you do with the ash in a Weber,, they do not have that removable bucket,,,
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    tj1
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    I better take better care of my $29 grill,,
    I see the price is now up to $59,,,

The one I usually get does not have a thermometer,, or storage rack,,
    so, I may find one for less some day,,

I think mine still has a good 5 years left,,,

That little ash bucket at the bottom is a real necessity,,
    I do not know what you do with the ash in a Weber,, they do not have that removable bucket,,,
    The Weber has a dial on the bottom of the grill with holes in it for how you want the heat and it has a small "can" under to catch hot ashes or embers from the charcoal.. You have to clean it out before the next use. We have a propane Weber we use mostly and when you get a flare up (which they claim never happens) it will catch on fire with the grease in the catch pan... you need to be ready for those fires man do they get hot quick.. and that propane tank is right under the grease pan.. I always have a little bit of water ready and just spray in on and the fire goes out, unusual for grease but it does the trick. Then put the steaks back on.. I consider propane cooking dangerous and have never trusted it.. But sometimes charcoal just takes to long for us. My three jobs keep me on the move. Charcoal on the weekends, propane during the week. And those weber grills aren't cheap either.. I still have a charcoal grill for 29 bucks still in the box when I bought it and it looks just likes yours but red... Someday...…….. I'll open it! I think I bought it around 1983 when we built our house???
    Herminator likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Thanks
    I bought a Weber charcoal grill on or about 1968; paid $25.00 at a discount place that bought bankrupt and distressed merchandise. This grill was from a train wreck. They normally cost, in those days, $67.00. I used it up until 2016 when the legs collapsed. The newer ones can't compare in quality.
    tj1 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3