Xmas Prime Rib - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Xmas Prime Rib

1. Top | #21
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Thanks
    I grew Up On Well done meat. In my early adult Hood I ate it rare & Medium rare. But with the wife cooking it is well done again it will never Moo again. I am to the Point when we go out I will not order Under Medium well or the wife will get sick at sight and she will walk out of a restaurant. Which she done a few times. So I learned My lesson to only order Rare or Medium Rare when I am not out with the wife. But I am so use to Well done now I actually prefer it that way
    Gizmo2, 2LaneCruzer and mark02tj like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #22
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    I grew Up On Well done meat. In my early adult Hood I ate it rare & Medium rare. But with the wife cooking it is well done again it will never Moo again. I am to the Point when we go out I will not order Under Medium well or the wife will get sick at sight and she will walk out of a restaurant. Which she done a few times. So I learned My lesson to only order Rare or Medium Rare when I am not out with the wife. But I am so use to Well done now I actually prefer it that way
    My parents and my wife's parents, were from a generation of country folks that cooked their meat done, done done! Animal husbandry has changed a lot since then, and meat is much safer...but we ate a lot of wild game, and even domestic animals could, and did sometimes contain parasites. "Well Done" was the name of the game..."and that's the way it was".
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

4. Top | #23
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    My parents and my wife's parents, were from a generation of country folks that cooked their meat done, done done! Animal husbandry has changed a lot since then, and meat is much safer...but we ate a lot of wild game, and even domestic animals could, and did sometimes contain parasites. "Well Done" was the name of the game..."and that's the way it was".
    Mad cow and Wasting disease Can still be gotten even if the Meat is done. Even though meat is much safer Now When it come to Pork It Better be done or I am not eating it. Have friends that eat the Pork On the Medium to Rare side They looked at me as though I were Nuts when I refused to eat Pork that was still pink
    Gizmo2 and DRobinson like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #24

Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Thanks
    I picked up the mail yesterday, and there was the local weekly paper loaded with food ads for Subway, Papa John's, Hardee's,,, etc,,,

well,, a quick review, showed the meal of prime rib cost L E S S than a meal at any of these fast food places,,,

So, prime rib ended up being the cheap alternative,,,

I guess I have to count my labor to wash the dishes as zero to get there,, I am OK with that,,,
    Gizmo2 and mark02tj like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

7. Top | #25

Last Online
    04-16-2019 @ 05:05 AM
    Thanks

Wow

It looks delicious!
    jdmich likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3