• 1 Post By Fozsey
  • 1 Post By 2LaneCruzer

Thread: Anyone have a recipe?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks

Anyone have a recipe?

We have a restaurant her called The Redrock Canyon Grill. It's a great place to eat, and they cook the best pork chops I have ever eaten, bar none...including my own. Here's the description taken from the menu:

BONE-IN PORK CHOPS*mustard crusted, sweet onion & apple compote, mashed red potatoes, seasonal vegetable 19
    I have been looking for a copycat recipe, but can't find one, although there are quite a few that fit the description. Was just wondering, if anyone had eaten there and had an equivalent recipe? Acknowledged that these restaurants are only located in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
    BigJim55 and BigJim55 like this.
    Have wings, will travel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    We have a restaurant her called The Redrock Canyon Grill. It's a great place to eat, and they cook the best pork chops I have ever eaten, bar none...including my own. Here's the description taken from the menu:

I have been looking for a copycat recipe, but can't find one, although there are quite a few that fit the description. Was just wondering, if anyone had eaten there and had an equivalent recipe? Acknowledged that these restaurants are only located in Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.
    well 2lanecruser---that is the first time i have ever heard of cooking or frying my pork chop in mustard-i guess they mean like maybe rolling the pork chop in mustard flour somehowdon't think i would like that-oh

BONE-IN PORK CHOPS*mustard crusted, sweet onion & apple compote, mashed red potatoes, seasonal vegetable 19

jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Thanks
    Something like this??

A handful of pantry ingredients + five minutes of prep = one luscious dinner. In the colder months, this recipe works equally well in a stove top grill pan.

Serves 4

TOTAL TIME: LESS THAN 15 MINS

Ingredients
    4 Applegate fresh thick-cut, Applegate Natural Bone-in Pork Chops
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    2 tablespoons grainy mustard
    Juice of ˝ lemon

Instructions
    Season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. Stir together the brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork chops.
    Heat a grill to moderately high heat; oil the grill rack well. Grill the pork chops until deep grill marks appear, the meat is firm, and the juices run just slightly pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
    ColonyPark, johnH123 and bmichael like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks

I do this with chicken and I'm amazed by the number of people who hate mustard but can't get enough of the chicken. No mustard taste At all and tender. I add Louisiana wing sauce also. The biggest ingredient in mustard that people dislike is vinegar and that must flash off on the grill because you can't taste it. It does make a mess on the grill but cleans up with high heat and a bit of work.
    ColonyPark likes this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    I bake chicken coated with mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce and put French onions on top, I imagine it would be a dry mustard on the chops. Has to be Colman’s mustard powder.
    2017 2038R, 72" MMM, 220R Loader, 60" Frontier Box Blade, Land pride Rotary Spreader, 59" JD Snowblower, 60" KK Tiller, 60" KK rotary cutter, Artillian Forks, KK Carry All.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    Something like this??

A handful of pantry ingredients + five minutes of prep = one luscious dinner. In the colder months, this recipe works equally well in a stove top grill pan.

Serves 4

TOTAL TIME: LESS THAN 15 MINS

Ingredients
    4 Applegate fresh thick-cut, Applegate Natural Bone-in Pork Chops
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    2 tablespoons grainy mustard
    Juice of ˝ lemon

Instructions
    Season the pork chops well with salt and pepper. Stir together the brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork chops.
    Heat a grill to moderately high heat; oil the grill rack well. Grill the pork chops until deep grill marks appear, the meat is firm, and the juices run just slightly pink, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
    Thank you. I'll save this. I'm going to try to duplicate the results when the weather straightens up.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Have wings, will travel.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements