Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Butt food

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 650 Posts
    What the guy before him said! ^^^^^

Edit: Darn you Big! What the guy before the guy before Big said.
    Last edited by OxPath; 10-22-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    - Phil -
    *Spinner Free* LT160 Garden Tractor
    *Spinner Free* 3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    *Spinner Free* John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Thanks
    Ok guys, Iím awake from a nap. Big, my target cooking temp is 250F, not the meat temp. I pull the meat out of smoker when the meat hits 195F and then let it sit on a table for a half hr and the open up the foil, so that it will stop cooking and start cooling. I forgot to take pics when pulling the meat, but it turned out very good and was a huge sellout at my wifeís fundraiser at work. Iíve been doing cooks like this at least once a year, but it is getting physically harder each year. There just doesnít seem to be as much ďloveĒ in this years cook, but it is still fun to do. Reminds me of trying to get straightened out from swing shift work, and by the way, the swing shift work ended Aug. 1st this year. My body and soul is very thankful for that change in schedule, as I am on straight days now. Been doing the swing shift for 3yrs. Iíd have to rotate at least once a week and some weeks, it would be twice a week.
    OxPath, jdforever, Marlin and 4 others like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Howse 16" Single bottom plow
    Dirt Dog 5 Shank Chisel Plow (60")
    Homemade 3pt suitcase weight hitch
    Homemade 3pt 1 row disc hiller
    Homemade (6) shank toothbar
    (4) 2" Motorsports Wheel Spacers
    (7) 70lb suitcase weights
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

4. Top | #13
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raco232 View Post
    Ok guys, I’m awake from a nap. Big, my target cooking temp is 250F, not the meat temp. I pull the meat out of smoker when the meat hits 195F and then let it sit on a table for a half hr and the open up the foil, so that it will stop cooking and start cooling. I forgot to take pics when pulling the meat, but it turned out very good and was a huge sellout at my wife’s fundraiser at work. I’ve been doing cooks like this at least once a year, but it is getting physically harder each year. There just doesn’t seem to be as much “love” in this years cook, but it is still fun to do. Reminds me of trying to get straightened out from swing shift work, and by the way, the swing shift work ended Aug. 1st this year. My body and soul is very thankful for that change in schedule, as I am on straight days now. Been doing the swing shift for 3yrs. I’d have to rotate at least once a week and some weeks, it would be twice a week.
    Ahh, I gotcha. I too cook around the 250 degree temps. I thought 250 internal temp sounded funny. I thought a man with a cabinet smoker like that knows better. I have a Backwoods Chubby G2 cabinet smoker and love it. It looked great
    Last edited by Big; 10-22-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    OxPath, jdforever, Marlin and 5 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, Iím not sure if this is a butt topic, Durham storage or what did you do with you mcut tractor. I guess here, since it is a result of cooking butts. I made a purchase of the 72 bin Durham bolt bin from Zoro. First one came in, but damaged. I talked to customer service and they sent UPS return label and requested the replacement to be packaged better from their distribution center. I received the replacement today and it was also damaged. There was no additional packaging to protect the corners of the metal cabinet. I called Zoro again and they are sending out another replacement. But since I cooked and my wife took my pickup to work, because the big white igloo cooler would not fit in her car. So, I am stuck with her car today. She wonít be getting home till around 8:30pm tonight and I work 3 - 12hr days starting tomorrow and canít make it to UPS before they close. So, the cabinet is large for her car, but what about the 2520? Thatís what I used to get er done. By the way, UPS is only a mile away.

How do you stop these double pictures? I really hate it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 583919D5-5FCA-4579-B626-36945CCD6197.jpeg
    Tomfive, OxPath, jdforever and 5 others like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

7. Top | #15

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 12:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by raco232 View Post
    Started smoking @ 8:00pm cdt. 14 10lb butts for my wifeís United Way fund raiser @ work. Serving lunch for donations for tomorrowís lunch. Iíll be pullin an all nighter again, but she is worth it.

thats a lot of Butt.
    pappa, jdforever, Marlin and 2 others like this.
    2032r 220r loader with standard bucket and BH hooks, Frontier AV20 root grapple, 3rd function EH200K, dual outlet control valve BVL10882, BLV10881 power beyond, 270B back hoe with BLV10026 16 inch and BXX10246 trenching bucket, Frontier AP11F 42 inch pallet forks, B10 bio ballast

8. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Thanks
    Like to taking the Deere to ups.

I wish my neighbor would do something like cooking all that meat. That would have to smell great.
    jdforever and raco232 like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

9. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I just figured if the Mennoniteís would do it, thatís good enough for me. I lived near Hutcheson, Ks for a while and they would hook up a bumper pull stock trailer to their diesel tractor. The women and children would go to Hutcheson and go shopping. There would probably be about a dozen people in the trailer when I would always see them. I even saw a few tractors at the country grade schoolís parking lot during the day. Real nice bunch of folks, they are!

when the neighbors hear that Iím cooking, they always ask if there is going to be extra. Iíve learned to always cook a couple of extras of whatever Iím cooking, except for brisket, as they cost too much now.
    jdforever and Herminator like this.
    2012 JD2520 R4's.
    200CX Loader, 49" bucket
    Imatch quick hitch
    King Kutter 60" tiller
    Howse 60" Box blade
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    Titan 42" pallet forks

10. Top | #18

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks

They could offer

[QUOTE=raco232;3367748]I just figured if the Mennoniteís would do it, thatís good enough for me. I lived near Hutcheson, Ks for a while and they would hook up a bumper pull stock trailer to their diesel tractor. The women and children would go to Hutcheson and go shopping. There would probably be about a dozen people in the trailer when I would always see them. I even saw a few tractors at the country grade schoolís parking lot during the day. Real nice bunch of folks, they are!

when the neighbors hear that Iím cooking, they always ask if there is going to be extra. Iíve learned to always cook a couple of extras of whatever Iím cooking, except for brisket, as they cost too much now.[/QUOTE]

If you were my neighbor, I'd offer to buy the brisket and some liquid supplies for the cook if you were willing to throw it in a smoker when you were cooking. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. . .

Treefarmer
    pappa, raco232 and Herminator like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

11. Top | #19
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 04:12 PM
    Thanks
    Now I've never done more than 2 butts at once, but I smoke at 225* and pull at 204 internal. I don't wrap during the cook, but wrap in foil then a towel when I pull from the smoker, then place in a cooler for a minimum of 30 min.
    Remove from cooler and pull when ready to eat.

A lot more work to do en mass like you are!
    raco232 and Herminator like this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2