What's your favorite type or source for pizza?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What's your favorite type or source for pizza?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks

For me, it's kind of hard to nail down one as my favorite. Several years ago there used to be a pizza place called, "Delicious Pizza". It was unlike the other well known pizza chains in the area. It was terrific. Unfortunately, they were caught selling something else in addition to pizza, illegal drugs. At least that's what I was told and that would certainly explain their shutting down so quickly. A lot of people really enjoyed the food.

We used to have several Pizza Inn chains in the area, but now there are very few. I'll have to try some and see if it's like it used to be.

Papa Johns has been very hard for me to stomach. Some people like it and I have tried to more than once, but I just don't care for it.

Back when Little Ceasar's opened up in the early 1990's, we all thought it was pretty decent. Then a few years or so later, the company declared bankruptcy. The ones that opened up in the past couple of years under the same name are just not the same at all.

I'm mainly a pepperoni kind of guy, though I do like supreme with mushrooms and black olives,but without onions.

Last edited by green and red man; 01-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    We only get pizza once or twice a year, but when we do, we get Chicago style.

Home Page

Brian

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Thanks
    I like ultra thin crispy crust with meat, cheese and sauce. Not a big fan of the vegetable laden supreems. Love vegies, just not on my pizza.
    I do like canadian bacon with pineapple though.
    Thanks alot, I have to drive to town now and find a pizza
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    04-26-2014 @ 08:19 AM
    Thanks
    I would consider myself a pizza connoisseur and will travel a great distance just to have a good pizza. I have found that a person's favorite pizza is usually the one that he or she grew up eating, which is also true for me. There is a mom and pop pizza place in my area (LaRoma Pizza) that I grew up eating and would consider my favorite. One of my colleagues and I will go on road trips of an hour or more just to eat pizza. We love the stuff.

As far as my favorite, I personally like most types of traditional pizza toppings (sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, ham, etc.). I'm not big into the pizza hybrids (taco, bbq, white sauce, etc.). I will eat them if they are on a pizza buffet, but will not generally order a whole pie of this variety.

As far as crust, I like thin crust the best, but do have a sweet spot in my heart for an occasional deep dish or stuffed pizza. I'm not too far from Chicago, so I generally stop somewhere for a pie if I am ever in town.

When it comes to chain joints, I take a pass. There are way to many excellent mom and pop joints around here to mess with mediocre chain pizza.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Home Page
    That must be Chicago style thin crust. It does look good though. It actually looks very similar to the pizza that comes out of my favorite pizza place.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-26-2015 @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    That sure looks tasty.

There are some places in Dallas that people say have good Chicago style pizza, but I only go to that city if I absolutely have to. Traffic can be a real nightmare.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    01-02-2014 @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Once or twice a year? Good Lord I'd never survive. Once a week at a minimum.

Wood fired margherita for me. I'm a pie minimalist.
    Last edited by Whito123; 01-18-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    2012 JD 2320 - front/rear worklights, JD ballast box, 200cx loader with 49" bucket, JD 647 tiller, JD iMatch, 60" bush hog, 5' box blade, Paumco Quick Spade, KK Pro middle buster, Ken's bolt-on hooks, bolt-on toothbar, 4 suitcase weights, Omni trailer hitch, Wallenstein BX42, Venom 4500x winch, Countyline PHD, York rake
    2012 JD x300 - 42" mulch deck, 10P cart, roller, aerator, single bucket holder, brush guard, spreader

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whito123 View Post

Once of twice a year? Good Lord I'd never survive. Once a week at a minimum.
    I agree! I have pizza at least once a week as well.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-03-2017 @ 03:56 PM
    Thanks

My wifes pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gus View Post
    I agree! I have pizza at least once a week as well.
    When pizza hut came to Indiana Pa. many years ago I thought it was pretty good. But over the years I have decided it is among the worst, and it is the same no matter where you are. The items on the salad bar look like road kill and taste the same. I have had many good ones at other places and I have a wife that makes terrific ones. The hard part of the homemade is smelling that aroma and knowing you are going to have to suffer a while until it is done. Then I get in a hurry and dont wait for it cool, and burn the roof of my mouth. Oh well,I always seem to heal in time for the next one. I forgot to mention that the aroma starts with waiting for the dough to rise.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    04-17-2019 @ 09:32 AM
    Thanks

This is a topic I can talk about!! In my area ( east central Indiana ) we have pizza king. Yeah we have pizza hut, dominos, papa johns, little caesars, and a few others. But pizza king it the best!!
    2012 John Deere 2320
    62D Mid Mount Mower
    200cx Loader
    60" King Kutter rear blade
    King Kutter Middle Buster
    5' County Line Box Blade
    Homemade 3PH Trailer Mover
    Home Made Drag

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast