• 2 Post By ddinham
  • 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: JD horn kit BLV10359 installation

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Thanks

JD horn kit BLV10359 installation

Today I installed the JD horn kit BLV10359 on my 4066R with cab. I could not find it in the technical library, so maybe the admins might want to add it as it appears I am unable to do so myself.

The hardest part was getting the knobs off the 4WD lever and the throttle lever. The 4WD lever is flat and the throttle lever is round, but both pull straight off. However, both are very difficult to pull off, especially the 4WD lever. There is nothing in the instructions regarding how to remove the knobs. I used a claw hammer to pull them off. The entire dash must be removed and there are several electrical connections to disconnect. None are duplicate, so you cannot reconnect incorrectly. There is plenty of length on these connections, so you can pull the dash out quite a ways to be able to remove the connections easily. Be careful around the horn connections after installation as they are live all the time, meaning the horn can be honked without the key turned on.

1..Dash back before horn button installed..note the indentation where the hole is to be drilled. I did not have a 16mm bit, so used a 5/8 inch bit.
    Attachment 696830

2..Dash back with horn button installed
    Attachment 696832

3..Dash front with horn button fully installed.
    Attachment 696834

install instructions
    Attachment 696836

Attachment 696820

Attachment 696822

Attachment 696824

Attachment 696826

Attachment 696828
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horn install page 1.jpg Horn install page 2.jpg Horn install page 3.jpg Horn install page 4.jpg Horn install page 5.jpg

Dash rear before horn button.jpg Dash backwith horn.jpg dash front with horn button.jpg Horn install title page.jpg
    glc and Herminator like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,942 Times in 2,461 Posts
    pdf of instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Herminator likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements