Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Fit Rite Top Link

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 10:16 AM
    Thanks

Question Fit Rite Top Link

I am slowly getting close to the top of Brian's order list. I saw an extended length indicator on youtube for a hydraulic top link. Has anyone built such an indicator for their top link? If so pictures would be appreciated.
    JD 2017 3025E w/ loader. Titan 36 " Forks, Armstrong Box Blade, Armstrong Rock Rake, Frontier 2060 Cutter, Woodland Mills WC 68 chipper and WG stump grinder

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    Do you have a YouTube link? I have a TnT kit on order from Brian.
    Yank likes this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,163 Posts
    I have a hydraulic top-link as well. What exactly does an extended length indicator do?
    johncanfield likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    I was wondering the same thing.
    johncanfield likes this.
    2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Could it be @5:56 in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kivV-ojAJUs
    BigJim55 and Yank like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    There was a time when I considered having that exact item as an option. So I got one for a sample look see. I gave it away and would not supply them. You know what they (Who are "They" anyway?) say, you get what you pay for. Cheap plastic mount on the rod end and a millimeter read out, do you really want a MM read out? I know not that big of a deal, but just not up to par for my liking.
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    There was a time when I considered having that exact item as an option. So I got one for a sample look see. I gave it away and would not supply them. You know what they (Who are "They" anyway?) say, you get what you pay for. Cheap plastic mount on the rod end and a millimeter read out, do you really want a MM read out? I know not that big of a deal, but just not up to par for my liking.
    Can't blame you. My initial reaction was it was completely useless. I cannot imagine a situation where I would need to know the length of the top-link. I mean, for many decades we simply screwed top-links in or out until they achieved the desired result and not once did I ever measure it.

Actually, I can only think of one time I measured the top-link... and that was to ensure I ordered the proper sized hydraulic one from Fit Rite. :-)
    Last edited by jgayman; 02-28-2018 at 07:26 PM.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 10:16 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYXcMN7tBjQ. The part about the length indicator starts at 6 min. I am new to box blades, but have lots of experience in cat wheel loaders. This video has taught me a lot about box blades. If you watch the whole thing it makes real good sense to know where the box blade is in relation to "neutral", the length in inches is not what is important. Knowing the position makes the device (BB) more efficient and user friendly. The guy in the video fabricates a lot of good stuff, and looking at his indicator, I think the device could be improved on. Looks like he used some plastic and I agree with Brian that is not good.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2017 3025E w/ loader. Titan 36 " Forks, Armstrong Box Blade, Armstrong Rock Rake, Frontier 2060 Cutter, Woodland Mills WC 68 chipper and WG stump grinder

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I have a hydraulic top link and have a square adhesive bubble level like the one shown below stuck to the top of my quick hitch. It is about 1.5" square and very easy to see. I can tell at a glance when my quick hitch is in the neutral position (level both vertically and horizontally). I recall I only paid around $5.00 for 2-pack of these. I also have one stuck to the top surface of my bucket. They've been on the tractor for 5 years and still working perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubble_level.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	559361
    pcabe5, dieselshadow and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I have a hydraulic top link and have a square adhesive bubble level like the one shown below stuck to the top of my quick hitch. It is about 1.5" square and very easy to see. I can tell at a glance when my quick hitch is in the neutral position (level both vertically and horizontally). I recall I only paid around $5.00 for 2-pack of these. I also have one stuck to the top surface of my bucket. They've been on the tractor for 5 years and still working perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubble_level.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	559361
    That is a fantastic idea.

jgayman and BigJim55 like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast