Getting a lot of pop up blocks on GTT lately???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Getting a lot of pop up blocks on GTT lately???

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,375 Times in 1,011 Posts

Getting a lot of pop up blocks on GTT lately???

Been getting a lot of popup blocks and warnings logging on to GTT with websites wanting to "load" an app on my computer when logging
    on and off of GTT.

Wasn't having this aggravating crap until several weeks ago.
    Not getting it on other sites I frequent.

Just wondering if anybody else is getting this crap??

-Neil-
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Thanks
    Starting recently, when I type my login name I get a message from Firefox that GTT is a non-secure web site. And, just now, as soon as I hit the log in button, Ghostery immediately blocked 18 trackers that the GTT site tried to install.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Starting recently, when I type my login name I get a message from Firefox that GTT is a non-secure web site. And, just now, as soon as I hit the log in button, Ghostery immediately blocked 18 trackers that the GTT site tried to install.
    Yup, sounds the same.

I even get one when I'm logged in and try to view my notifications.

If it keeps up will try and do a trace on the sites and who owns the domains.
    Don't like strange, out of the oridinary things occurring the way the Internet is now.
    Neil

Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    This is interesting, for the last couple weeks I have had issues with my screen going blank for no reason whatsoever and the page tries to reload for a few moments then I receive a message saying there is a problem with this page but evinetually it reloads. I have to log back in with my password. There are other times I don't get the error message but the page reloads rapidly and I have to log back into the site. I have cleared my history and so forth thinking that might help but no such luck.
    This is the message I receive,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 03-28-2017 at 11:41 PM.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    Firefox and Google Chrome have recently started complaining loudly when a login form or a form that collects credit card data are not using encryption. I have run into this at work on a couple of websites I manage. Technically someone could steal your password, sometimes relatively easily, when the connection is not encrypted, and both companies are trying to get websites to use encryption. This isn't unique to GTT.

I gave no idea what is up with trackers though.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wsafley View Post
    Firefox and Google Chrome have recently started complaining loudly when a login form or a form that collects credit card data are not using encryption. I have run into this at work on a couple of websites I manage. Technically someone could steal your password, sometimes relatively easily, when the connection is not encrypted, and both companies are trying to get websites to use encryption. This isn't unique to GTT.

I gave no idea what is up with trackers though.
    In my case, not using Firefox or Google Chrome, using IE with Windows Defender as primary software, Win 8.1 as OS.
    Neil

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 12:30 PM
    Thanks
    I run Chrome and Windows 7 and have had no issues with any kind of pop up ads or alternate websites.
    Brian

2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

GT245 Garden Tractor

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,151 Times in 2,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Been getting a lot of popup blocks and warnings logging on to GTT with websites wanting to "load" an app on my computer when logging
    on and off of GTT.

Wasn't having this aggravating crap until several weeks ago.
    Not getting it on other sites I frequent.

Just wondering if anybody else is getting this crap??

-Neil-
    Must be an issue with the log in page? I am permanently logged in - I see no reason to log out and log in every time I come here.

Running Windows 10 PC with Chrome and iPad IOS 10.3 with Safari and see none of what you are talking about.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 09:55 PM
    Thanks
    There are a few different issues being discussed here.

The popups, those are possibly broken ads/ads that shouldn't be on the site. If you can get the link to the popup send it my way and we can track and block it's source.

The warnings when logging in are coming from browsers, as Google has decided to start flagging sites that don't use https and most browsers take their lead from Google. Https is a layer of protection that mostly has to do with a preventing a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle) when someone intercepts what you are typing as you type it. Since everything being posted here is going to a public forum, it's never been something that made a lot of sense for us to protect against. Now that Google and others are flagging however, we'll be adding https to the site to maintain our ranking as a safe site.

The error message and then reload on ipad I've seen recently on another site. Had to do with a thread that had a lot of embedded youtube links. Can you link me the page next time you get this?

Kevin
    Old Cajun and ky_shawn like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vs-Admin For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (03-29-2017)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
    There are a few different issues being discussed here.

The popups, those are possibly broken ads/ads that shouldn't be on the site. If you can get the link to the popup send it my way and we can track and block it's source.

The warnings when logging in are coming from browsers, as Google has decided to start flagging sites that don't use https and most browsers take their lead from Google. Https is a layer of protection that mostly has to do with a preventing a MIM attack (or Man in the Middle) when someone intercepts what you are typing as you type it. Since everything being posted here is going to a public forum, it's never been something that made a lot of sense for us to protect against. Now that Google and others are flagging however, we'll be adding https to the site to maintain our ranking as a safe site.

The error message and then reload on ipad I've seen recently on another site. Had to do with a thread that had a lot of embedded youtube links. Can you link me the page next time you get this?

Kevin
    Odd thing is, the popup have disappeared since I started this thread.
    In fact last night after posting, I decided to get one to appear and do a trace, couldn't get one to "popup", logging on and off
    and looking at my notifications (where they would occur).
    No trouble this morning either??

They had been occurring without fail for a couple of weeks.

Coincidence, maybe or maybe not.

If they start happening again, will send you a copy and also do a trace myself.

-Neil-
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Neil

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast