• 2 Post By dieselshadow

Thread: Question for the MODs

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks

Question for the MODs

Hello,

A while back I was researching information on my Z950R around the time I bought it. I found a dealer setup guides, as well as some basic guides like how to route the deck drive belt, part number QR guide, machine optimization and PTO Drive Clutch Gap Check.

Most of these were found on either John Deere's public site for manuals/information or in the public area on a dealer's website. They are not the Technical Manual which I know and agree with the fact that there are copywrite issues in posting them. All the documents are in PDF Format.

So I know there is a policy on not posting the service manual. The only one I would say might be questionable is the PTO Drive Clutch Gap Check. However the last step outline in that guide is "If clutch still does not engage, then consult your local John Deere Dealer for service." I don't think I have ever seen that statement in the service manual for my X585 but I can't look at the Service Manual for the Z950R because I haven't bought it yet being I am still under warranty. The others have headers that indicate they are from John Deere and for the most part are a summary of information found in the owner's manual as well as some tips.

I could link to them or post them somewhere that could be linked to but as we know links change from time to time and break (photobucket). I know you have the gallery here but do you have a place for PDFs or just attach them to the post? Would you like me to send them to someone on the MOD Team for review before posting them or do you feel you don't want the risk that John Deere might consider them Copywrited? They could make for a good information for people that own the Z9xx Ztraks rather than trying to dig trough the owner's manual. I can try and find the sources where I got them again but I have them just sitting in my Google Drive so I can reference them wherever I am at.

Thanks
    Gizmo2, dieselshadow and PJR832 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (07-17-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Send me a PM with the links. I'll take a look. If it's all good, we can post them in our technical library.
    Gizmo2 and PJR832 like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks
    PM Sent. Let me know if you have any issues opening the link to my Google Drive.
    Gizmo2 and dieselshadow like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,610 Posts
    New thread in the GTT Tech library can be found here.

Thank you Dave.
    Gizmo2 and vs-Admin like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements