Suggestion For New Members or those Posting for 1st time on GTT
Like Tree18Likes
  • 14 Post By SulleyBear
  • 4 Post By Robnik

Thread: Suggestion For New Members or those Posting for 1st time on GTT

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,475 Posts

Suggestion For New Members or those Posting for 1st time on GTT

I think it would be helpful to the long term value of "I have a problem" or "Help needed" thread postings if we could encourage those posting such thread starting remarks to provide follow up posts to let us know ultimately how their issue was resolved. Whether they found the answer through the help of others on GTT or they ended up calling someone to fix their issue, if they could provide some resolution follow up, it would make the long term future reference value of such postings and help needed threads on GTT much more valuable.

It's been so long since i signed up on this site, that I can't recall the process. Perhaps, a request such as the one I am suggesting is already included in the sign up process.

It makes the threads have so much more informative value for the site. Often, people who post asking for help provide a follow up post ( or even several and hopefully become regular GTT participants) explaining what they found or how their problem was resolved. Even if that meant calling a repair facility and paying someone else once they could no longer proceed on their own, at least it helps provide some completeness to the thread.

I know we can only "ask" and "encourage" such a follow up. To many of us, it seems impolite to not acknowledge the responses, efforts and suggestions of others who have taken the time to reply and offer help. It sure would be nice if we could increase the times which the original poster provides either the answer to their problem or insight into how their issue was resolved or dealt with, even if it meant selling the equipment.

Just a thought.........

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Herminator (09-02-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-11-2019 @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    My thoughts exactly. I don't like to be left hanging!
    2015 1025R TLB
    Kens bolt on hooks and clevis (3) and differential lock pedal
    JD phd with 6" and 9" augers
    2048 box blade
    Titan 36" forks
    Country Way 40 gallon 3 pt. Sprayer
    Piranha tooth bar
    6 acres in Central Florida

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements