need help on a problem about jdparts
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By 56Nine
  • 3 Post By rydplrs
  • 4 Post By 56Nine
  • 3 Post By BigJim55

Thread: need help on a problem about jdparts

  1. Top | #1
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,328
    Thanks
    3,079
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts

    need help on a problem about jdparts

    yesterday-while on th ephone with a jd parts man. i came across a problem i have never seen or heard about. so since u fellas here have showed me how to work the parts info-for me to look up my own part numbers-and since he could not give me a answer-i am asking u fellas. here's a pic of where we was looking Error java.lang.NullPointerException

    now at the top of the page was a red arrow--i thought that was to show u how to look at ur machine-and say hey i'm looking at it the right way. but i was fooled yesterday-- how can i tell again if i come across this problem again.

    the parts man i talked to on saturday claimed the diagram that was showing the rear axle-was for the left side of the gator-so why would they have put the red arrow on top of the page to throw a fella off like that? why not just not put it up there to begin with then.

    on friday-i had to ask for the part smanager cause the fella who i have talked to in person before just insisted that this boot-was such and such a part number-but i keep telling him it wasn't as there was a serial number break in these machines. so that's when i asked for the manager. he then after we was done-he said that i was very good at this- i said the fellas at GTT taught me how to look this stuff up-and i kinda enjoy it. he said with a little more puter learning i would make a very good parts man. i was tickled he said that.
    now on Monday i have to go over for my parts and tell him-i don't need them new boots for the gator-and i will maybe have to pay a restocking fee on them-cause the fella who fixed it for my aunt-used boots from Auto-Zone instead of from JD.

    think i'm NUTS for thinking them are just not gonna last-to running in the woods? or will they? anyways thanks for the input any body might have on this diagram so i can learn more.

    i have to say coaltrain u have pushed me more than my 3 rd grade teacher ever did.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    56Nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Alleman, IA United States
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 214 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    yesterday-while on th ephone with a jd parts man. i came across a problem i have never seen or heard about. so since u fellas here have showed me how to work the parts info-for me to look up my own part numbers-and since he could not give me a answer-i am asking u fellas. here's a pic of where we was looking Error java.lang.NullPointerException

    now at the top of the page was a red arrow--i thought that was to show u how to look at ur machine-and say hey i'm looking at it the right way. but i was fooled yesterday-- how can i tell again if i come across this problem again. ....

    BigJim, looking up parts on your own is fun and I'm sure not the norm for most people that visit the parts counter, good on you for taking responsibility to study up rather than sit back and wait for someone to tell you something.

    The link you posted works only for the "session" you have open in your browser window and isn't easily shared. We can't see what you are referring to, but I think I've seen what you're describing on other images where the "direction of travel" indicator is rotated so there's no way it could be correct. That's where your smarts kick in!!!! I too have thought it would be nice to have a method to report errors, but I've not found a method to provide feedback?

    I moved away from the jdparts.com site to https://partsadvisormobile.deere.com the information is the same, but I find it to be easier to navigate (especially on a tablet), not as cumbersome as the jdparts.com site.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 56Nine For This Useful Post:

    BigJim55 (10-01-2017), Gizmo2 (10-01-2017)

  5. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    7,858
    Thanks
    626
    Thanked 745 Times in 632 Posts
    If you use the contact JD parts button you can give feedback. They are fairly responsive, although I asked about making pc2797 searchable like the dealer version, they just have no plans to add that to the customer side.

    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and 56Nine like this.

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    56Nine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Alleman, IA United States
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 214 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    If you use the contact JD parts button you can give feedback. They are fairly responsive, although I asked about making pc2797 searchable like the dealer version, they just have no plans to add that to the customer side.
    HA! There it is. I seldom use the mobile site on anything other than a laptop, and hadn't noticed the contact option. On the laptop it's buried in the context menu in the upper right. Thanks for making me look further, I'll definitely use it.

    Here's what it looks like:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jdparts_feedback.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	462450

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jdparts_feedback_2.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	462458
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

  8. Top | #5
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,328
    Thanks
    3,079
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    BigJim, looking up parts on your own is fun and I'm sure not the norm for most people that visit the parts counter, good on you for taking responsibility to study up rather than sit back and wait for someone to tell you something.

    The link you posted works only for the "session" you have open in your browser window and isn't easily shared. We can't see what you are referring to, but I think I've seen what you're describing on other images where the "direction of travel" indicator is rotated so there's no way it could be correct. That's where your smarts kick in!!!! I too have thought it would be nice to have a method to report errors, but I've not found a method to provide feedback?

    I moved away from the jdparts.com site to https://partsadvisormobile.deere.com the information is the same, but I find it to be easier to navigate (especially on a tablet), not as cumbersome as the jdparts.com site.
    thanks for the link-it sure has bigger words. a layout that is different. would u believe this diagram on the link i gave u--was for the left side of the machineand not the right as i was figuring it was from the red arrow. i was just going by the way the axle was shown in the diagram. parts man claimed i couldn't see what he could-so oh well. even though another parts guy was messed up too-thinking it was for the right side also.

    the link u gave me shows the same way all they would of had to say was -left side of rear axle--i am going to use that contact information- i feel this warrants that-IMO.
    Gizmo2, Superglidesport and 56Nine like this.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •