Is something wrong with the site?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Is something wrong with the site?

  1. Top | #1
    mike01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,273
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 163 Times in 105 Posts

    Is something wrong with the site?

    Is something wrong with green tractor talk? I'm not seeing images anymore. I tried three different browsers (chrome, firefox and even IE). Or is it somehow just me?
    Jep, Mar524ak and bvbearcat like this.
    2019 X758, 54" Autoconnect deck
    2018 2032R, 220R Loader, dual rear SCV, hydraulic top link, SB1164 Snow Blower, RC2072 rotary cutter, BB5048L box blade, 42" Titan forks, BB2060L back blade

    Owned in the past:
    X570, X758 (2015), 1025R, X590

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Location
    Joelton TN
    Posts
    19,992
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Yes. There is a problem, it's been reported, and they are working on it.
    - Jason

    GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

    Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

    2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.


  4. Top | #3
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,336
    Thanks
    1,435
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,468 Posts
    It's not just you, the site has been barely functional since Wednesday afternoon.......They are working on it....... I fear it's going to be a while before it returns to it's former glory as the problems are diverse and there has been no noticeable progress in it's repair and restoration, from the users perspective.
    Mar524ak likes this.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    vs-Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 173 Times in 99 Posts
    Hey guys,Our techs are still looking into whats going on. They've seemed to have narrowed their search, so hopefully, this will be resolved soon. We'll update you when we know more.Niall

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Location
    Front Royal, Va
    Posts
    432
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 137 Times in 59 Posts
    Not trying to be a kiss A, but I really appreciate the time and effort being spent by the admins to correct the issues.

    As someone who earns their paycheck in the IT field, I know what you are going through. I am the lead on a team of 4 who manage a business critical web based app (BMC Remedy/ITSM) for our company. When that starts experiencing issues, it's all hands deck if the on-call person for the week cannot figure it out. There have been too many 48 hour days for me over the past 10 years, but hey, that's what I get paid for. I am fortunate to have a very experienced team, our combined total years of experience with the product is more than 65 years, not bad for 4 people.

    What makes problems like this even harder sometimes is that your app may end up being just a symptom to a larger, external problem. You end up banging your head looking at everything, saying to yourself, looks good. Then reports start coming in that other apps are failing, so you finally get to hand off the problem to another team because it is their failure that is affecting downstream apps.

    Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm sure that all of my fellow GTT members also appreciate the effort, even though a few comments intended to be light-hearted snips may not translate properly when read.
    Rudy-

    Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

  8. Top | #6
    RetiredDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Central Savannah River Area (CSRA)
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
    Hey guys,Our techs are still looking into whats going on. They've seemed to have narrowed their search, so hopefully, this will be resolved soon. We'll update you when we know more.Niall
    If its possible to do with the site malfunctioning the way it is, would it be too much to ask for one of the administrators to post something like a banner at the top of the home page to inform and keep the members updated about the problem and progress in solving it.

    That way you wouldn't have to spend your time responding to the same questions multiple times.

    I can tell by the tone of some admiinistrators and supervisors posts that they are getting a bit testy, just like the members and users. Maybe better up front communication would help everyone.

    I lived through this on another site years ago, and after a couple of weeks the members made a mass exodus tio a new site. I don't believe that's the best course here at this time, though.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

  9. Top | #7
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredDoc View Post
    If its possible to do with the site malfunctioning the way it is, would it be too much to ask for one of the administrators to post something like a banner at the top of the home page to inform and keep the members updated about the problem and progress in solving it.

    That way you wouldn't have to spend your time responding to the same questions multiple times.

    I can tell by the tone of some admiinistrators and supervisors posts that they are getting a bit testy, just like the members and users. Maybe better up front communication would help everyone.

    I lived through this on another site years ago, and after a couple of weeks the members made a mass exodus tio a new site. I don't believe that's the best course here at this time, though.
    I can’t recall a single time VS has “fixed” anything without creating new, often more significant problems along the way. I don’t know what concerns me more, the fact that GTT is broken or the fact that VS is eventually going to try and “fix” it.

    As for communication, check out the replies by vs-admin. Every post just about is signed by a different name but they all say the same thing. They can’t even be bothered to read the threads they’re responding to and realize that someone has already posted with their own account.

    Another thing to notice is we rarely see the same names from VS. I don’t know if their turnover rate of employees is that high or if they’re all totally clueless so the problems just get passed from one “tech” to another. If they run their business the same way they support their forums they might be better off to get into the employee temp service industry instead of forums. At least The they’d have an excuse for what looks like a revolving door of “techs”.

    Prove me wrong VS. Fix it.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  10. Top | #8
    Oscar Leroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 178 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rw580 View Post
    Not trying to be a kiss A, but I really appreciate the time and effort being spent by the admins to correct the issues.

    As someone who earns their paycheck in the IT field, I know what you are going through. I am the lead on a team of 4 who manage a business critical web based app (BMC Remedy/ITSM) for our company. When that starts experiencing issues, it's all hands deck if the on-call person for the week cannot figure it out. There have been too many 48 hour days for me over the past 10 years, but hey, that's what I get paid for. I am fortunate to have a very experienced team, our combined total years of experience with the product is more than 65 years, not bad for 4 people.

    What makes problems like this even harder sometimes is that your app may end up being just a symptom to a larger, external problem. You end up banging your head looking at everything, saying to yourself, looks good. Then reports start coming in that other apps are failing, so you finally get to hand off the problem to another team because it is their failure that is affecting downstream apps.

    Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm sure that all of my fellow GTT members also appreciate the effort, even though a few comments intended to be light-hearted snips may not translate properly when read.
    As a fellow IT worker (Linux sysadmin and former BMC/Remedy user) I know that wonderful feeling of having four managers standing in your office demanding the problem be solved, while you frantically try to figure out what happened to break it!

    Yeah, I think sometimes people don't realize how tricky a problem like this can be. And sometimes the solution is a monumental task. I think I read somewhere on here the forum software is an old version that needs to be upgraded. Sounds easy enough until you consider the amount of data on these forums, and no one wants to see it go offline for a few days to fix it. Oh, and if the same code base supports more sites (sometimes many more!) then you have to figure out how to transition them all... it can be way more complicated than most people realize.

  11. Top | #9
    BetterThanATonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 06:58 AM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 141 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Leroy View Post
    As a fellow IT worker (Linux sysadmin and former BMC/Remedy user) I know that wonderful feeling of having four managers standing in your office demanding the problem be solved, while you frantically try to figure out what happened to break it!

    Yeah, I think sometimes people don't realize how tricky a problem like this can be. And sometimes the solution is a monumental task. I think I read somewhere on here the forum software is an old version that needs to be upgraded. Sounds easy enough until you consider the amount of data on these forums, and no one wants to see it go offline for a few days to fix it. Oh, and if the same code base supports more sites (sometimes many more!) then you have to figure out how to transition them all... it can be way more complicated than most people realize.
    Completely agree with the complexities. Just wondering when they'll decide to throw in the towel and roll back to the last save before the problem began.
    Levi and Oscar Leroy like this.
    Tom

    2010 JD LA115 mower w/bagger
    2011 JD 10P dump cart
    2016 JD 1025R TLB: H120 loader w/ 49" bucket - 260 BH w/12" bucket - 60D MMM w/auto PTO - iMatch Quick Hitch
    Heavy Hitch toothbar | Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks | Ken's Seat Springs | Ken's Diff Pedal | Edge Tamers
    Frontier 2048 Box blade | Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    2016 Cyclone Rake model Z-10

  12. Top | #10
    vs-Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 173 Times in 99 Posts
    Hi folks! Just wanted to take a minute to clarify a few things. The issue that is currently happening with GTT is related to an issue affecting numerous sites that are using the vBulletin 4 software. We're not sure if it's an update gone awry or if it's something more, but it's proving to be a pretty complicated issue that has wreaked havoc on a number of our vB4 sites. Our tech team is working hard at getting to the bottom of the issue, but it does require a lot of digging to find out what went wrong. We really do understand that it's super frustrating to not be able to access your site and we do hope to get things up and running soon. I also wanted to address the concerns around the number of VS administrators who contribute here on the site. Our admins essentially work out of the same inbox queue, addressing the questions and concerns of members from multiple VS run sites. The number of different names that you see has nothing to do with staff turnover rate. It has more to do with who happens to be the first one to open each message. We work as a team and try our best to keep each other informed about what is going on with each site. I should also clarify that the administrators who chime in on the forum threads are not the 'techs' who handle large site-related issues. We convey the info to our technical team/developers and they handle the site fixes.I hope this helps to clarify. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused and hope to get things back in order soon. Cheers. Erik

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vs-Admin For This Useful Post:

    Levi (12-01-2017), NEWT (12-01-2017), RonDeere2305NC (12-01-2017)

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •