Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Picture Posting How-to

1. Top | #91
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,975 Times in 2,481 Posts
    Guys,
    It’s just related to all the other issues that are going on, there are many threads already describing all of them ...I know it’s difficult but we need to be patient until VS can sort out all these issues.
    dieselshadow and Marlin like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Marlin (07-14-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #92
    Last Online
    08-09-2019 @ 07:17 PM
    Thanks

Picture orientation - MAC OS

If trying to attach an image from Photos and it is oriented in the wrong direction, drag the photo to the desktop. Then, attach the image as an insert picture. In some cases, after I dragged the picture to the desktop, I edited it by rotating it 360 degrees and closing it before I attached the image.
    Chris
    2018 1025R TLB, (260b) 60d mmm, HF iMatch, PHD, rear blade, trailer mover, Ken's BoHs, Traveler LED rear and front work lights.
    2018 3046R w/FEL, HF iMatch, 60" Titan tiller, 60" Titan rotary cutter, pallet forks, rear blade, Ken's BoHs, trailer mover, Traveler LED lights.
    1994 F911 Lawnmower 72" deck

5. Top | #93
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CG3315 View Post
    If trying to attach an image from Photos and it is oriented in the wrong direction, drag the photo to the desktop. Then, attach the image as an insert picture. In some cases, after I dragged the picture to the desktop, I edited it by rotating it 360 degrees and closing it before I attached the image.
    Hello there

This happens because the forum software is unable to read the EXIF data that is imprinted on the photo when you take it.

The EXIF data holds a lot of information, which includes orientation of your photo. Many programs are able to read this, and that is why you see it displayed upright in some places, but many others still are not.

This is a good article that explains all of this: https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/

The gist of it is, the phones are designed to work like a digital camera. Holding your digital camera flat, in landscape, is the 'base line'. Developers used this 'base line' in the following way for mobile devices:

Apple users: hold your phone with your VOLUME buttons DOWN.

Android users: hold your phone with your HOME button to the RIGHT.

The only way around it is, either hold your phones the way the developers decided you should, OR you can open the photos in an Editing program (not the viewer), and save them in the correct orientation (you might need to rename them, and crop off a pixel or two, to make sure a change is recognized).

Hope that helps!

Ed

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #94
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    I have a small farm here in Sugar Valley, Ga. A mountain top with acres of hardwood oak and hickory
    Thanks
    I have no problem using "our" procedure in other forums to post pictures. I put the file/pic into the manage attachments window and it is fine using "Browse". Then I scroll over to "Upload" and it just sits there. The color on the button doesn't change and nothing happens. Have triggered the button and then waited several hours and nothing happens...….HELP PLEASE

8. Top | #95
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,254 Times in 2,561 Posts
    What browser and device are you using? Can you try a different browser? I’ve not had so match as a wink with Firefox unless the site has an issue. And right now the site is running pretty well. (Knocks on every piece of wood within a square mile....)
    Kennyd and glc like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

9. Top | #96
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    I have a small farm here in Sugar Valley, Ga. A mountain top with acres of hardwood oak and hickory
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    What browser and device are you using? Can you try a different browser? I’ve not had so match as a wink with Firefox unless the site has an issue. And right now the site is running pretty well. (Knocks on every piece of wood within a square mile....)
    Using Surface Pro 4 Tablet and my browser is Microsoft Edge.....Right now am checking on the size of the pics. The same thing is happening when I try to post an Avatar pic.

Just resized a pic to post of my tractor. It is now 300 KB and yes, a JPG......The upload button when I touch it changes from black to blue but nothing really happens...…...But then, as witnessed below, …….SHAZAM!!! The pic is there...……..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails good tractor smaller.jpg  
    Last edited by SugarValleyDennis; 08-14-2019 at 08:46 PM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10