Like Tree24Likes

Thread: help

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,137 Posts

help

i have a question about what is showing at the bottom of my screen when i'm replying. it says i have 2 posts that i have not responded to. deselect one or the other.

how do i do that? i have tried many times-no luck.

so dieselshadow can u show, or tell me how to do this. and what does trackball do? am i saying that correctly-it's right beside that square box. it has something i guess to do with the URL's. aw-thanks to u-if u can explain this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 2,634 Posts
    Jim, I’ll do what I can here buddy.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what you are describing. Can you post a screen shot so I can see what you are referring to?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Jim, I’ll do what I can here buddy.

I’m having a hard time figuring out what you are describing. Can you post a screen shot so I can see what you are referring to?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171206_203141_Burst01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	958.7 KB 
ID:	503146 heres a pic -. look at the bottom of where u would type what u want. outside of them brackets at the bottom-it says u have 2 select posts.

deselect or post--so i have tried clicking on that-but i can't get no where to erase them. been there for over a long time now.

and then the little square box-what does that do?

URL'S are what is at the top of ur screen like for u-tube-or linksi don't know-educate me-ok thanks

ps. when i went to take the pic-i seen my laptop screen had lots of waves in it. is that normal?
    jim

king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 2,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post

ID:	503146 heres a pic -. look at the bottom of where u would type what u want. outside of them brackets at the bottom-it says u have 2 select posts.

deselect or post--so i have tried clicking on that-but i can't get no where to erase them. been there for over a long time now.

URL'S are what is at the top of ur screen like for u-tube-or linksi don't know-educate me-ok thanks

ps. when i went to take the pic-i seen my laptop screen had lots of waves in it. is that normal?
    Ok, be patient with me here.

Somewhere in the forum you have selected posts, like you were going to do a multi-quote, but never clicked on “post reply.” So I believe the forum software has you remembered for have selecting these posts.

I will have to research and see if I can figure out how you can find those and “deselect” them.

Don’t worry about the trackback box. That’s an advanced feature 99.9% of the users will never use.

URL’s are the specific addresses your browser uses to find an exact page on a website out in the internet. It’s usually displayed on the very top of your screen in that wide bar. It usually starts with an http//.www and ends with a .com/ and may continue to go with more. That is exactly what you want to copy from YouTube if you want to embed and post a video here on GTT.

Those waves you see in a picture of another screen is very common. The sensors in your camera is capturing the screen refreshing. The screen displays a new picture one line at a time very very fast. But your camera also has a very fast sensor but it doesn’t match the same speed as your screen. Your eyes can’t see it, but the camera catches it.

Does that help?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (12-07-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE]Does that help?[/QUOTE]

oh yeah-it does.

so i cannot deselect whatever posts they are-huh.

URLS-yelp-i thought that was what u had told me before--and i highly doubt then i will be using that square box for nuthing.

ok-i'm good except for one thing i've been having trouble with. if i go to click down at the corner of my screen-like to muti-quote--it takes me to u-tubebeen doing that now for about a month or so. i think the aliens are tracking me some how

why would my GTT screen let me go to another screen like that?
    jim

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Thanks

Hey BigJim, not sure it this is a browser difference, I'm using a mac with Chrome.

When I mouse over the "Quote this post as well" or "deselect this post" words, they become a link. It doesn't look like one before the cursor passes over it.

I intentionally selected a different thread and clicked the multi post button, came back here to reply and was greeted by the you have 1 message..... when I click "deselect" the message goes away. If I click "Quote this post as well" it brings that post from a different thread in as a quote to this message.

If your current browser doesn't work, I'd try a different one to see if anything changes.

Hope that helps.

Name:	deselect.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	503154
    Gizmo2, dieselshadow, Levi and 1 others like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 56Nine For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (12-07-2017)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    Hey BigJim, not sure it this is a browser difference, I'm using a mac with Chrome.

When I mouse over the "Quote this post as well" or "deselect this post" words, they become a link. It doesn't look like one before the cursor passes over it.

I intentionally selected a different thread and clicked the multi post button, came back here to reply and was greeted by the you have 1 message..... when I click "deselect" the message goes away. If I click "Quote this post as well" it brings that post from a different thread in as a quote to this message.

If your current browser doesn't work, I'd try a different one to see if anything changes.

Hope that helps.

Name:	deselect.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	503154
    ok-so i did what u said-and it brought up my last post to diesel---and now that message is gone at the bottom of screen for now i have no idea or knowledge i should say-and the wife and I-don't seem to hit it off as teacher and student-sometimes we do.

so(cough cough) if i'm understanding ur post correct-i can go from one thread to another--and then reply in just one post--but it then would be form 2 different threads
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    jim

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Waves are normal, it has to do with the refresh rate of the screen you're looking AT being different rate than the device you're looking THROUGH. I just looked at my screen with my phone and no waves, however when I grabbed a picture with the same phone of my work screen, it had the waves.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ok-so i did what u said-and it brought up my last post to diesel---and now that message is gone at the bottom of screen for now i have no idea or knowledge i should say-and the wife and I-don't seem to hit it off as teacher and student-sometimes we do.

so(cough cough) if i'm understanding ur post correct-i can go from one thread to another--and then reply in just one post--but it then would be form 2 different threads
    That's the way I understand it. I can see it being helpful if a couple of threads have common subjects and one wanted to bring them together.

Glad the message is gone...now get out there and reply to some posts already!!!!

Gizmo2, dieselshadow and BigJim55 like this.
    Darwin

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    That's the way I understand it. I can see it being helpful if a couple of threads have common subjects and one wanted to bring them together.

Glad the message is gone...now get out there and reply to some posts already!!!!

oh boy will try it out on gizmo2 and others tomorrow. they won't know if i'm cutting firewood, exercising, or whatthanks till ur better paid. and u too diesel
    Gizmo2, Levi and 56Nine like this.
    jim

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast