Just curious, How do you manage the "Notifications" tab?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Just curious, How do you manage the "Notifications" tab?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,598 Times in 1,470 Posts

Just curious, How do you manage the "Notifications" tab?

I find that I only tend to look at the 'Notifications Tab" when I receive a Private Message. As a result, the number shown tends to grow before I end up going into the notifications and actually looking at them so it "resets" the number back to 0 to reflect starting over in the likes.

Here is what it looks like right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180107_113758490.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	524194

I would imagine that this is what Gizmo's Notifications tab looks like after each day of use.......Not only is he a highly active GTT poster, but he is such a darn nice guy and loved by the masses (well, pretty much everyone that I can tell) he must pile up likes "like" crazy.....

Just curious how others deal with this. DO you frequently go into this notifications tab for any specific reason? Am I missing something by only going into it every week or 10 days? Is there anything about the notifications I should be aware of that I am missing?

Normally, I get the notices on my phone that I have a Private Message. That is the only interaction with GTT for which I use my phone. I don't like looking at a portion of the screen on my phone and my highly developed and muscular (fat) fingers don't text very efficiently where I can type on my laptop at 60 to 70 WPM, so I don't access GTT on my phone.

So, how do others use the notifications tab and is there some benefits to using it in other ways that I am not aware of?

Not sure where this thread belongs, so I posted it in other. I am sure it will be placed in it's best location by GTT "management"....

Thanks in advance for your responses. I just feel like I must be missing something with the notifications tab.
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    Yeah, I get a lot of them too. Just click on the notifications tab, then click on whatever is listed. I believe you can then just go somewhere else like the What's new tab and your notifications will go away. I always look at mine on a daily basis as I sometimes get a lot of them. That way they are more manageable.

Dave
    DRobinson, Levi, OxPath and 5 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 988 Posts
    I split my time on GTT between the TapaTalk app on my phone and a laptop/PC. I don't get a ton of PM's because I'm so unfriendly, so I usually just click on the "likes" on the notifications tab and it takes you to the screen that lists them, then I just head off to the New Posts with the Notifications cleared. I only clear the "likes" just because of OCD. I've never had any issues doing this.
    DRobinson, pcabe5, Levi and 8 others like this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 2,575 Posts
    That is the first button I go to when visiting each time, then I go to the new/unread posts.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    That is the first button I go to when visiting each time, then I go to the new/unread posts.
    Same here, I look at each one of them on a daily basis.

pcabe5, ColonyPark, Levi and 6 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Ahh, for me I look at them every time I log in (that resets the count). I like to see if anyone actually looks at what I post, whether I'm making a contribution. I also look at who quoted me and their response as these are individuals that actually read what I posted . . . two different things.

I also hit like for just about every post I read.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Same here, I look at each one of them on a daily basis.

i must be doing maybe something wrong-cause i don't quite understand all the operations of a puter. i just let them add up. its at 8,000 or more for now. i have looked at them sometimes, and it does start over at zero. but i want to see just how high the number will go maybe a million
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    i must be doing maybe something wrong-cause i don't quite understand all the operations of a puter. i just let them add up. its at 8,000 or more for now. i have looked at them sometimes, and it does start over at zero. but i want to see just how high the number will go maybe a million
    Maybe you'll set a record BigJim, maybe even go into the GTT Hall of Fame with that
    Guess I'm like Marlin, it's nice to know who actually reads your posts.

Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Maybe you'll set a record BigJim, maybe even go into the GTT Hall of Fame with that
    Guess I'm like Marlin, it's nice to know who actually reads your posts.

so is that why ya look then huh. i never thought of that reason to look

at almost 30,000 posts-i would be guessing, but i bet gizmo2 isn't too far off of a million likes-huh. he's gonna beat me-unless...........dieselshadow can shut him down some.....
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, pcabe5 and 8 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    BigJim55 ~ there's no doubt in my mind that your count will go well above a million or two . . . you're a very likable guy there bud.

Also, you can easily see how many lifetime likes you've received by clicking on you GTT screen name in the dark green bar near the top of a page as the following displays for Marlin, currently 27,990 there on the left:

View Profile: Marlin - GreenTractorTalk.com - John Deere Forum & Information Site.pdf
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear