Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Worst site ever to log on to-GTT

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-05-2019 @ 04:06 PM
    Thanks

Worst site ever to log on to-GTT

What's going on? It took me over an hour to get my username & password into the site. I thought it was my computer so I tried 20 different sites in my Favorites list & they all came up in less than 15 seconds. I had to struggle with GTT for over an hour. It asked me to plug in my Username & password. OK- but when I clicked on the username box-nothing. No cursor came into the box. So I moved over to the password box & same thing happened. So out of frustration I kept clicking on the password box & after a dozen clicks I got the cursor. Put in my password - my username. Got a stupid looking page with ads on it but nowhere to place my username-password. What the devil is going on. This has happened to me in the past & when I do get your site to come it, it loads like the old fashion days of a dial up modem. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,176 Times in 2,607 Posts
    Are you using Firefox? This issue has been reported:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ght-login.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Are you using Firefox? This issue has been reported:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ght-login.html
    Just call me old fashion. I've used Explorer forever. Can't recall ever having an issue with it & that's what I'm still using. Everything works on it except for GTT which is becoming a real PIA. Friends tell me to switch to Google chrome or that Firefox. When I ask why, no one can give me a good reason why I should switch. Frankly at my age, all this high tech crap is exactly that...crap. Like Facebook, friends & family were insisting I need to communicate with them thru facebook. I ask why & same answer-"Everybody does it now". Guess who never got into facebook? Guess who is having the loudest laugh over the current fiasco. Who needs Russian collusion when you have a Zuckerberg (or is it Suckerberg) living with you.
    ky_shawn and goat704! like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Sorry you're having problems logging in on GTT. I utilize Chrome to access GTT & other sites with no log in problems. Have you sent your computer cookies to the trash bin lately? It's been yrs since I utilized Internet Explorer to surf the web so I can't help you with IE problem. PS: I'm old also & a computer DUMMY.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Thanks
    I let my computer literate SIL use my JD's,,
    he keeps my computers running,,,

I think I got the best end of this deal!!

DRobinson, BigJim55 and Cjet69 like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    Sorry you're having problems logging in on GTT. I utilize Chrome to access GTT & other sites with no log in problems. Have you sent your computer cookies to the trash bin lately? It's been yrs since I utilized Internet Explorer to surf the web so I can't help you with IE problem. PS: I'm old also & a computer DUMMY.
    In answer to your cookies in the trash bin. In a word-Nope.
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Thanks
    The big advantage of using Chrome or Firefox is Adblock - it's an "add in" or "extension" that.. wait for it.. blocks about 99.9% of all advertising. As far as I know there is no such feature for IE.
    BigJim55, rakane and goat704! like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    We had a discussion recently about how long it takes to log in to the GTT site and someone posted a shortcut that takes you directly to the forums which was a lot quicker. http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/forum.php Maybe this will help you???

Incidentally I use Firefox without any problems. InternetExplorer is no longer a safe or secure browser as it has so many security holes in it that even Microsoft gave up on it and produced a new browser in Windows 10 called Edge. Occasionally I run across a web site that will not work on any browser but IE, but those people are fooling themselves and will eventually get hacked.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

goat704! (03-26-2018), SnoGoDriver (05-24-2018)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    07-02-2019 @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    We had a discussion recently about how long it takes to log in to the GTT site and someone posted a shortcut that takes you directly to the forums which was a lot quicker. http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/forum.php Maybe this will help you???

Incidentally I use Firefox without any problems. InternetExplorer is no longer a safe or secure browser as it has so many security holes in it that even Microsoft gave up on it and produced a new browser in Windows 10 called Edge. Occasionally I run across a web site that will not work on any browser but IE, but those people are fooling themselves and will eventually get hacked.

Dave
    I've never used anything but Internet Explorer. Now you just scared me. You say it's not safe to use anymore, due to easy hacks?
    Just didn't want relearn everthing. So what do you recommend for ease of use ? Google?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2017 2032R - 220r FEL, 72" mmm,Frontier 2084 blade ,JD 670 tiller, frontier 48" pallet forks, allied 2060 snowblower,JD 513 brush hog, EA 55" grapple,Frontier 2060 box blade, Farmi 351p logging winch
    LX 186 - 48" deck, 38" snowblower
    F 510
    GTX 38
    Cub Cadet GTX 1054
    2011 825i Gator

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goat704! View Post
    I've never used anything but Internet Explorer. Now you just scared me. You say it's not safe to use anymore, due to easy hacks?
    Just didn't want relearn everthing. So what do you recommend for ease of use ? Google?

My opinion is to recommend Firefox at www.getfirefox.com. You can add addons from the TOOLS menu. If the menu is not showing at the top, right click on the blank space at the top and select MENU BAR. Addons you want are AdBlockerPlus and WOT. AdBlockerPlus is self explanatory and WOT is for Web of Trust. It pops up a warning message if you go to a bad site, hopefully before it can infect your computer. I would not be without it. It is surprising how many bad sites there are out there that want to do you harm. I use a couple of others, but they are pretty advanced. Free games downloads are the worst in infecting your computer.

I am not a fan of Google Chrome, although my favorite phone has a Google operating system called Android. I have yet to find anybody that I know personally or have worked on their computer with Chrome on their computer that says they intentionally downloaded it. They all have said that it just showed up one day. That is because a number of sites, even reputable sites, have a box that you have to uncheck when downloading an update or any other download or you will get it. Other sites have similar things you will get if you are not careful and uncheck a box. There have been instances where the person is complaining about the computer running slow and I have resolved it by uninstalling Chrome.

Dave
    BigJim55 and goat704! like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (03-27-2018), goat704! (03-26-2018), SnoGoDriver (05-24-2018)

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast