Definitions for common used abbreviations - 1025R or anything
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Definitions for common used abbreviations - 1025R or anything

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 08:09 PM
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Definitions for common used abbreviations - 1025R or anything

    Not new to tinkering with equipment thru the years but definitely new to looking at JD forums, I bought a 1025R that came with various attachments.

    But...if looking to add a Grapple for example no matter what brand, in my brief scan thru various posts, long-term members use abbreviations for things...some if I thought long enough might be common sense.

    Is there a directory for the common guy to figure out what the heck things stand for?

    TnT =
    TLB =
    ROPS =
    FEL = some kind of controller?
    SCV = valve of some sort?
    MMM =
    BH =
    SSQA = adapter of some sort?
    JDQA = same thing but possibly a John Deere Quick Attach when referring to a diverter/manifold or???

    The list could go on and on...but in trying to find out what I need to connect a 2 Grapple set up as in Artillian, with a 2 year old 1025R I haven't a clue.

    Abbreviations....trial and error or does someone know where to look??? Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Spartazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    I'll take a stab at a few you listed.

    TnT =
    TLB = Tractor Loader Backhoe
    ROPS = Roll Over Protection System
    FEL = Front End Loader
    SCV =
    MMM = Mid Mount Mower
    BH = Backhoe
    SSQA =
    JDQA =

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    TLB = tractor loader backhoe
    ROPS = Roll over protection system
    FEL = front end loader
    SCV = selective control valve
    MMM =mid mounted mower
    BH = back hoe
    TnT= Truck n Trailer
    SSQA= skid steer quick attachment
    JDQA= John Deere quick attachment
    Last edited by jimmylh; 10-24-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,627
    Thanks
    1,940
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiminTN View Post
    Not new to tinkering with equipment thru the years but definitely new to looking at JD forums, I bought a 1025R that came with various attachments.

    But...if looking to add a Grapple for example no matter what brand, in my brief scan thru various posts, long-term members use abbreviations for things...some if I thought long enough might be common sense.

    Is there a directory for the common guy to figure out what the heck things stand for?

    TnT =
    TLB =
    ROPS =
    FEL = some kind of controller?
    SCV = valve of some sort?
    MMM =
    BH =
    SSQA = adapter of some sort?
    JDQA = same thing but possibly a John Deere Quick Attach when referring to a diverter/manifold or???

    The list could go on and on...but in trying to find out what I need to connect a 2 Grapple set up as in Artillian, with a 2 year old 1025R I haven't a clue.

    Abbreviations....trial and error or does someone know where to look??? Thanks!
    TnT-top and tilt, hydraulic top link and adjustable lift link
    TLB-tractor, loader, backhoe
    ROPS-Rollover protection system-that annoying thing that hits the garage door header when left up.
    FEL-front end loader
    SCV-selective control valve-like your joystick for your FEL controls
    MMM-mid mount mower
    BH-backhoe
    SSQA-skid steer quick attach
    JDQA-John Deere quick attach, how you attach, detach your bucket from your FEL
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark (10-24-2018)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    TnT-top and tilt, hydraulic top link and adjustable lift link
    TLB-tractor, loader, backhoe
    ROPS-Rollover protection system-that annoying thing that hits the garage door header when left up.
    FEL-front end loader
    SCV-selective control valve-like your joystick for your FEL controls
    MMM-mid mount mower
    BH-backhoe
    SSQA-skid steer quick attach
    JDQA-John Deere quick attach, how you attach, detach your bucket from your FEL
    Your TnT makes more sense than mine in this context. lol
    Last edited by jimmylh; 10-24-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

  9. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 895 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiminTN View Post
    The list could go on and on...but in trying to find out what I need to connect a 2 Grapple set up as in Artillian, with a 2 year old 1025R I haven't a clue.

    Abbreviations....trial and error or does someone know where to look??? Thanks!

    Just as a "heads up" to make life easier for you while you are perusing Green Tractor Talk, if you place your cursor over any of those acronyms/abbreviations you'll get a small window that comes up and tells you what they mean! If you go back up and read your post and any of the follow-ups, the abbreviations are all underlined. GTT automatically links them to our master dictionary.
    Kennyd, North585, Levi and 8 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark (10-24-2018), Emeribd (10-25-2018), Herminator (10-24-2018), JEKO56 (10-24-2018), PJR832 (10-24-2018), steveontheridge2 (10-24-2018)

  11. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Just as a "heads up" to make life easier for you while you are perusing Green Tractor Talk, if you place your cursor over any of those acronyms/abbreviations you'll get a small window that comes up and tells you what they mean! If you go back up and read your post and any of the follow-ups, the abbreviations are all underlined. GTT automatically links them to our master dictionary.

    I just learned something new.
    JimR, RonPol, PJR832 and 2 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

  12. Top | #8
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,627
    Thanks
    1,940
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Just as a "heads up" to make life easier for you while you are perusing Green Tractor Talk, if you place your cursor over any of those acronyms/abbreviations you'll get a small window that comes up and tells you what they mean! If you go back up and read your post and any of the follow-ups, the abbreviations are all underlined. GTT automatically links them to our master dictionary.
    I did not know that either, still learning things on this site, thanks JimR
    BigJim55, Ray_PA, JimR and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  13. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Location
    Berlin, MA
    Posts
    4,724
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 895 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    I did not know that either, still learning things on this site, thanks JimR

    I saw a mention of it in a post a few months after I signed up here and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! You are welcome!
    Levi, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

  14. Top | #10

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 01:28 PM
    Location
    Plainfield Indiana
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Just as a "heads up" to make life easier for you while you are perusing Green Tractor Talk, if you place your cursor over any of those acronyms/abbreviations you'll get a small window that comes up and tells you what they mean! If you go back up and read your post and any of the follow-ups, the abbreviations are all underlined. GTT automatically links them to our master dictionary.
    Wow I did not know that big help. Thanks for the information
    BigJim55, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    2018/1025R
    60D MMM
    120R FEL
    Frontier Forks
    54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    RT1142 Tiller

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •