Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Why is this?

1. Top | #1
    SRG
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks

Why is this?

When I come to this site and I'm not logged in, on the forums home page, it always shows like a frozen frame from a few weeks ago.
    Its been showing the exact same posts (see pic), as if they are current, for a few weeks now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2019-04-15 at 11.09.00.png  
    rtgt and kylew like this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 72" Express Steel snow pusher{XP24}, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Ahhh ha !
    I have the same problem but wasn't sure if it was on my end. I've been trying to pin point the problem for about 2-3 weeks, ever since VS did some changes to try and fix the 'sluggishness' of the site.

Here's my story. When I access this site without being logged in, I get a 'locked' forum index screen also, but a different one than SRG is showing. Here's a screenshot of what I typically get. I get this page about 95% of the time. I can recognize it immediately because of the top post under 'New Forum Post' is always 'Another Farm Bench'. I didn't get a screenshot of the page I get the other 5% of the time, though I'm sure I could get one of need be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-04-02-18-52-12.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	681638

I have been getting this same page, as long as I'm not logged in, whether I'm at home on my tablet (using my homes WiFi) or on my phone at work (using cell service) which is 30+ miles away. On both my tablet and phone, I've tried the usual clear cache, cookies, etc. On my tablet I've even uninstalled updates and reinstalled the browser. The problem still persist. Phone is Galaxy Note 5 and tablet is Galaxy Note Pro 12. Both running Samsung Internet browser. In addition I get the same 'locked' forum index page on my laptop: Windows 7, MS Internet Explorer (only use this at home, home WiFi).

Then comes the logging in part. If I log in WITHOUT checking the 'Remember me' box, when I go to a new page, whether directly or by opening a new tab, I have to re-login about 6 or 7 times out of 10 (average I would say) as I enter the new pages. I stumbled across the fact that if I log in and DO check 'Remember me' the site keeps me logged in as I bounce around pages. I didn't have to check 'Remember me' before the 'sluggishness update' to stay logged in.

Hopefully this will help VS locate the problem, and VS, if I can supply any more information, please ask.
    SRG likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,532 Posts
    I have the same problem logging in. Takes forever, whether on my work computer or my laptop at home. Different ISP's, but both on Chrome. I tried Firefox on my work computer this morning with no improvement.

Can I leave my work computer logged in to GTT and also use my laptop and keep that logged in at home. I don't know if the system will allow two computers logged in with the same user name and password.

Thanks. Getting on here to converse with everyone is getting to be a real PITA.
    farmgirl19, wildbranch2007 and SRG like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,200 Times in 2,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I have the same problem logging in. Takes forever, whether on my work computer or my laptop at home. Different ISP's, but both on Chrome. I tried Firefox on my work computer this morning with no improvement.

Can I leave my work computer logged in to GTT and also use my laptop and keep that logged in at home. I don't know if the system will allow two computers logged in with the same user name and password.

Thanks. Getting on here to converse with everyone is getting to be a real PITA.
    I stay logged in with both my PC (Chrome) and my iPad (Safari) and never have to log back in on either.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (04-16-2019)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I stay logged in with both my PC (Chrome) and my iPad (Safari) and never have to log back in on either.
    I don't stay "logged in" per se', but I do check the "Remember Me" check box when I log in so whenever I come to the site I don't ever have to type in my credentials. I installed Tapatalk on my phone a couple of months ago and it also "remembers" me so I don't have to sign in there as well.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,671 Posts
    I've stayed logged in since I became a member years ago. I checked the box (remember me) when I logged in the first time. If I restart PC or close Firefox to update, open GTT type nothing till page comes up, press the New Post or Today's Posts.

I've even opened another Firefox page or IE or using my cell phone at same time pc is logged in to GTT, NO Issues
    DRobinson and Tomfive like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

DRobinson (04-16-2019)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Thanks
    I guess i don't understand why you don't want to login or stay logged in. I am always logged in

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    DRobinson, dieselshadow and E.J.H like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 898 Posts
    I am getting the same screen as Kylew is.

We are on a MiFi card and I shut it off when I am not using it.
    kylew likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I guess i don't understand why you don't want to login or stay logged in. I am always logged in

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    I don't know. I guess it is habit of always logging out. Maybe from the military?
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Thanks
    With regards to threads not updating when you're logged out.
    We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security.
    This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's whats going on here.

Ed

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast