How do others post a Screen Shot from JD Parts?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How do others post a Screen Shot from JD Parts?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 06:53 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,472 Posts

How do others post a Screen Shot from JD Parts?

I know this isn't specific to the SCUT's, but I will start here as this is more of an issue with JD Parts system and its where I am most often. I use Firefox and they have a GREAT Screen Shot system. But the icon's do NOT show up for me to use the Screen Shot when in the "new" JDparts system. Usually, to answer a question, the best I can do is to post a link to the actual JD parts page. In some instances, I have used my phone to take a photo of the computer screen and then posted the photo. But there has to be an easier way........

There are other's posting Screen Shots of the new JD parts pages. I know many use Chrome and some even Microsoft Explorer, but there are also many who use Firefox......and frankly, it's the ONLY thing I have an issue with in Firefox so I certainly won't change. I used to be able to get Screen Shots with the "old" Parts system, but never with the new.

For the other's using Firefox, have you figured a way to Screen Shot JD parts images so you can post them on the GTT threads and in responses for others to see?

Thanks for the directions on how to do this. I know there must be a way, but I haven't figured it out. Even when I use the keystrokes to Screen Shot in JD parts, it doesn't work. It's the only website I have noticed where the Screen Shot options do not appear on Firefox.

What do I need to do to post Screen Shots of JD parts images with Firefox?

Thanks again...............
    ttazzman likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I know this isn't specific to the SCUT's, but I will start here as this is more of an issue with JD Parts system and its where I am most often. I use Firefox and they have a GREAT Screen Shot system. But the icon's do NOT show up for me to use the Screen Shot when in the "new" JDparts system. Usually, to answer a question, the best I can do is to post a link to the actual JD parts page. In some instances, I have used my phone to take a photo of the computer screen and then posted the photo. But there has to be an easier way........

There are other's posting Screen Shots of the new JD parts pages. I know many use Chrome and some even Microsoft Explorer, but there are also many who use Firefox......and frankly, it's the ONLY thing I have an issue with in Firefox so I certainly won't change. I used to be able to get Screen Shots with the "old" Parts system, but never with the new.

For the other's using Firefox, have you figured a way to Screen Shot JD parts images so you can post them on the GTT threads and in responses for others to see?

Thanks for the directions on how to do this. I know there must be a way, but I haven't figured it out. Even when I use the keystrokes to Screen Shot in JD parts, it doesn't work. It's the only website I have noticed where the Screen Shot options do not appear on Firefox.

If you can, just take a pic with your phone of the computer screen

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

If you have a windows computer you should be able to take a screenshot with the "print screen" button in the top right corner. It may be abbreviated

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks
    On the old JDparts, I could "right" click the mouse and then pick "save as" That does NOT work on the new JDparts.

Now I have to (not using Firefox, so may not work, I am using windows edge) click the windows icon, then click "snipping tool" It asks what Mode. From the drop down menu, I use "rectangular snip" That lets you pick any area or all of a JD part drawing to save and add to a post. You use the mouse to outline the area to snip. It also (after you "snip" has a "pen" you can click on to write, circle, draw arrows, etc. on the snipped drawing. There is an eraser too

Check Firefox for settings or tools and see if you have a Snipping Tool.
    Last edited by Zebrafive; 06-24-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    glc and BigJim55 like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,083 Times in 3,013 Posts
    Take a screen shot as DWJM2513 said...
    Screen Shot ↓↓↓

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sulley.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	692586
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,288 Posts
    I have used TechSmith's SnagIt for a decade. It allows you to capture all or any portion of the screen and then resize, annotate with arrows, text boxes, etc.
    mark02tj and steveontheridge2 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    I will expand on using the windows "Print Screen" button. It is usually beside the F12 on a desk top keyboard. It's above the F10 on one of my Dell notebooks. As stated it's sometimes abbreviated "Prt Scrn".

This button copies the full screen you see on your display to the clipboard. After pressing the print screen button you need to open an image program like Paint or Irfanview and paste it to the program. Then you need to select the portion you want to save and crop it. Finally you have to save the cropped image with a name and place it where you can find it to share.

Sounds involved but it really doesn't take that much time after you get used to performing the tasks.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I have used TechSmith's SnagIt for a decade. It allows you to capture all or any portion of the screen and then resize, annotate with arrows, text boxes, etc.
    "Jing" from TechSmith does the same thing. It's not quite as full featured as SnagIt, but it's FREE!!

https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Thanks
    Windows has a pretty nice snipping tool altho they don't make it real obvious. You can save the snip as a jpeg file and then use the file as any other.

Info About Snipping Tool

I just did this one with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip_tool.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	692600
    Kennyd, Gizmo2 and kylew like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,135 Times in 2,578 Posts
    I use the Windows 10 "Sniping Tool", it's built in so nothing extra to add. I have it in the taskbar for easy access.
    glc, Gizmo2, Zebrafive and 3 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast