Questions about My Profile Section...
Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By SulleyBear
  • 3 Post By BigJim55
  • 6 Post By dieselshadow
  • 2 Post By MDrew

Thread: Questions about My Profile Section...

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,472 Posts

Questions about My Profile Section...

I have a few questions about our profile page.

1. What does it mean when there is a + behind a members name listed as having visited my profile page? Often, there is one with the + within the comma of the name and other times, none. Does this just indicate the same member has visited multiple times in the last 10 visitors?

2. How are visitors comments used? I see the tab on my profile page but have never received any comments nor have I left any comments for others. How would this section be used? Are comments posted on a members profile page public for all to see?

3. Reputation comments, other than when someone leaves you a reputation comment, where do you access them to see the historical comments?

4. If the person doesn't leave comment, is there a way to see who "awarded" the comment points or are they anonymous?

5. Are most comment points awarded without posting an actual comment? It appears to be the case........Often I wonder why comment points were awarded or trying to tie them to a specific thread, or topic.

6. Is there a list of the progressive scales on the reputation points? For example, the order in which they appear?

7. Also, what is the highest reputation comment level which can be achieved?

I am likely using about 5% of the GTT site capabilites and resources and I know I could use the site more efficiently and effectively. Always learning......

Thank you very much for your answers.
    BigJim55, mark02tj, kylew and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,123 Posts
    all good questions-SB--andd none i have never bothered to ask myself.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,612 Posts
    I can hit on a few. The + means they are your ďfriend.Ē Thatís all.

Reputation is awarded based on the how many points the awardee has. The more they have, the stronger they can give. There is no ceiling, but the levels are hugely increasing as you go higher. You can see who awarded you reputation when you click on the notification the forum gives you.

I can answer more once Iím back at a full site computer. Right now Iím on a phone and itís a bit more difficult to pinpoint, take pics, and post more answers.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I can hit on a few. The + means they are your ďfriend.Ē Thatís all.

Reputation is awarded based on the how many points the awardee has. The more they have, the stronger they can give. There is no ceiling, but the levels are hugely increasing as you go higher. You can see who awarded you reputation when you click on the notification the forum gives you.

I can answer more once Iím back at a full site computer. Right now Iím on a phone and itís a bit more difficult to pinpoint, take pics, and post more answers.
    Thanks, I appreciate it......

I just wonder about some of these things as I run across them but like the "Visitors Comment" section, I just don't ever see it used, not that I visit a lot of profile pages.....

I didn't realize the person awarding reputation points had to have reputation points to be able to give them. Interesting.........

Thanks again for the replies...........

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    SB I left you a visitor msg on your profile page. I thought I'd try it. I don't see much purpose for that feature.

I looked at your about me tab. You average 3.75 posts a day. The software collects a lot of info. Again, don't see much purpose for that the way we use the forum.
    DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements