• 2 Post By NEWT

Thread: Views on the HPX Model

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-11-2019 @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks

Views on the HPX Model

Hi
    While I love my 1025r I need something to replace my ATV that I sold and currently active golf cart to do work around the yard and maybe go for a trail ride. However the chances of trail riding are very very limited.I doubt it the unit would leave the yard.

I have been looking all the manufacturers as they are making decent products these days. Speed is not a factor but I am looking for durability. Although I hope to get 10 plus years out of the unit. I have been looking at the John Deere line-up. I do like the 825I but it is expensive .I find the JD Lineup expensive overall. However I was looking at the HPX as it appears to be a durable unit with the solid rear axle. I am sure it would be harsh on a reasonable flat trail ride.It certainly is not a machine I would take through Mud. Just wondering if there any members out there that have a HPX and can share there experiences with the machine and what they do with it.
    jd.rasentrac likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:41 PM
    West of Carlisle PA, At the base of the Mountains
    Thanks
    My wife and I are also in the market for one of these. Be interested to hear responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Gizmo2 and jd.rasentrac like this.
    1998 955, 70A Loader, 54 Blade, 72 Deck
    1995 F525
    1957 Farmall Cub - Technically belongs to my son.

If it ain't broke, You're not trying. - Red Green

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    Try a test run with a 560 or 590i - as well known here, I'm owning a 550. A great fun machine and reliable,too.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    LANZ D 1906 | John Deere LANZ 510 | John Deere 112 | John Deere 3120 | John Deere CR 125 | Gator XUV 550 | 18S Cart | Güldner AZK

Wolfgang Gustav, regards from beyond the pond!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2005 and it has 1100 hours. In that time besides normal maintenance, I have replaced a fuel pump and one of the electric relays for dumping the bed. Most of its use is light to medium work but every other spring it hauls 5-9 semi loads of lime to the ball fields which does not take as long as you would think but is a lot of heavy loads. I has survived my two boys growing up and me. I like the steel bed even though the plastic ones may be tougher, I don't know.

Everything works on it just like new. I am kind of surprised when I think about it, my new gator is 12 years old.

Only complaint, no power steering. I did add this and to be honest, I am not sure I would trade for a new one that didn't have it. I am sure the XUV's do ride better but I just use it for work not trails.

Good luck in your search.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and jd.rasentrac like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2007 with about 700 hrs on it. We use it everyday for something. I've had no problems and I'm pretty picky. The power dump is a great feature if you plan to haul dirt or rocks. I have high centered it in snow drifts. That was always my own fault.

I thought mine was a little under priced when I bought it. The dealership had it for 2 days, hadn't even gone through it yet. I found it through machinefinder.com. It was 2 hrs away.
    jd.rasentrac and Herminator like this.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaderoffun View Post
    Hi
    While I love my 1025r I need something to replace my ATV that I sold and currently active golf cart to do work around the yard and maybe go for a trail ride. However the chances of trail riding are very very limited.I doubt it the unit would leave the yard.

I have been looking all the manufacturers as they are making decent products these days. Speed is not a factor but I am looking for durability. Although I hope to get 10 plus years out of the unit. I have been looking at the John Deere line-up. I do like the 825I but it is expensive .I find the JD Lineup expensive overall. However I was looking at the HPX as it appears to be a durable unit with the solid rear axle. I am sure it would be harsh on a reasonable flat trail ride.It certainly is not a machine I would take through Mud. Just wondering if there any members out there that have a HPX and can share there experiences with the machine and what they do with it.
    Ive got a 05 with a whopping 320hrs. Its a frickin work horse, not a play toy. I traded up from a TS and its a huge difference. Cant say how many heaping loads of dirt its hauled. Tailgate down and fill till it dribbles off the sides and rear. Do that with a 625 or newer Gator. Im sure it dont ride like the newer models, not as fast as them, but its a work horse.

Also, the comment about mud, mines been there and back and no where near getting stuck. Lock the rear diff and put in 4X4 and if you do get stuck, well, you shouldnt have been there in the first place..
    Gizmo2 and jd.rasentrac like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks
    The HPX is a fine machine. The electric bed lift is a must. I would also add a roof.
    But.. Consider this. For just around the yard.. Its hard to beat the TX. For that matter, how about an E-Gator? No fuel to worry about, plenty of power and torque, very reliable.
    If you plan to use the bed much I would rule out the xuv5xx series. The 825i is great but way more than what ya need.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (08-25-2017)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    07-15-2019 @ 11:21 PM
    Thanks
    I've got an '05 with about 900 hours that I got used about 6 years ago. Has dump kit and bedliner, and front winch.
    I had a 4x2 that I traded for it. Wanted to upgrade to 4x4. Originally thought it would be a great 'toy'.
    I was wrong! It is a monster work horse. We live on 50 acres and I don't know how I could manage without it.
    I use it more than my 4300 w/430 FEL or my 455/60". (I have 10 pieces of JD equipment total).
    It is a platform for hanging Christmas decorations, trimming shrubbery and tree limbs, hauling yard debris, brush,
    mulch, grass seed, fertilizer, bricks, rocks, dirt, compost, firewood, tools, dogs, kids....etc.
    I also have a 25 gallon sprayer with boom that I use to spray mostly herbicide.
    Sometimes we just go riding on the property with it!
    The only time it was stuck, like the previous poster said, it was my fault. I shouldn't have been there!
    I keep it serviced and the only repair has been to replace a torn rubber boot on the frot CV joint.
    I wouldn't trade mine for my neighbors 825! It is a great machine

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements