2016 HPX Gator

Thread: 2016 HPX Gator

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-25-2017 @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks

2016 HPX Gator

I have a 2016 HPX Gator that has a problem maintaining a battery charge, it has to be jumped to start and after 10-15 minutes it stops running. Installed a new battery, didn't fix the problem. Now, the next step is to check the alternator and it's output. My next problem is I can't find the alternator. I have a worker who is an excellent mechanic and he says there is no alternator. Is this correct? I've checked the JP Parts for a Gator HPX and it shows an alternator and belt. I bought the Gator 6 months ago from a dealer in Oregon and shipped it to Hawaii. It was a used Gator that had 65 hours, still has a warranty. I'm very reluctant to take it to the local JD dealer, I don't have a lot of confidence in their repair technicians.

Here is a video showing the engine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdxqkvoxsd...03.27.mov?dl=0

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Thanks
    The alternator is an option. If it has it, it is on the passenger side bottom side front of the engine. Looks like a car alternator.

It has a flywheel alternator like other small engines. I doubt this failed they usually don't on something that new, but I would check the electrical connections or the regulator.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements