• 4 Post By Levi
  • 1 Post By etcallhome

Thread: John Deere in Iraq

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks

John Deere in Iraq

I was going through one of my dad's old hard drives and came across my late brother's pictures from when he was doing IT contractor work in Iraq. In one shot there is a John Deere 6 wheeler.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0887.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	469290

My brother Mike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0911.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	469298
    Rudy-

Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Looks like they have a modern out house to go along with the JD.

Sorry about your brother. What happened to him?
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levi View Post
    looks like they have a modern out house to go along with the jd.

x2 !!
    pcabe5, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Post-op complications following a heart valve replacement back in 2012.

Mike had a great job, doing server upgrades for Dept of State and Dept of Defense. Usually did work at US Embassies around the world, but did end up in Iraq a few times.

We had a neighbor when we were growing up at Quantico (our dad was a Marine) who ended up joining and was involved in either the training or dispatching of the embassy details. He would make arrangements with the local detail whenever my brother would be there doing their IT stuff. The detail would show Mike around, kind of like personal travel guides.

He got a lot of great pictures, especially in Africa. I was thinking of posting some of those in the "critter" thread, but that might be pushing the spirit of the thread.
    Rudy-

Stable includes:
    2017 x580, 54" deck with Mulcher, sleeve hitch, rear blade, box scraper, 47" Snowblower, rear mount electric spreader
    1980 IH Cub Cadet 682, 50" deck, rototiller, front blade (inherited from FIL, in middle of full restore)
    Other Toys:
    Stihl MS290 Farm Boss Chainsaw
    Stihl BG56 Blower
    Stihl KM 111 Kombisystem

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rw580 View Post
    Post-op complications following a heart valve replacement back in 2012.

Mike had a great job, doing server upgrades for Dept of State and Dept of Defense. Usually did work at US Embassies around the world, but did end up in Iraq a few times.

We had a neighbor when we were growing up at Quantico (our dad was a Marine) who ended up joining and was involved in either the training or dispatching of the embassy details. He would make arrangements with the local detail whenever my brother would be there doing their IT stuff. The detail would show Mike around, kind of like personal travel guides.

He got a lot of great pictures, especially in Africa. I was thinking of posting some of those in the "critter" thread, but that might be pushing the spirit of the thread.
    Sorry you all had to lose him that way.

This is a small world we live in. Granted for me it was back in '74 through'76 but I was at 5 different Embassies, worked at 3 of them as a Marine guard. The Embassies I worked at was Nicosia, Cyprus--Libreville, Gabon Africa and Mexico City, Mexico. If he hung around the Marines I'm sure they showed him a good time. 'Course back then most of the computers were in communications. Sounds like Mike had a higher security level then TS. I believe you on him having a great job. I had a great job but his was a lot better then mine.
    Semper Fi!!
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,510 Posts
    So sorry for the loss of your brother, sounds like he had great life and a great job.
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements