Anyone plow with a Ranger or other SxS?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Anyone plow with a Ranger or other SxS?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks

Anyone plow with a Ranger or other SxS?

Just picked up and installed a 60" Moose plow for my Polaris Ranger. So far I've been using the rear blade and bucket on the 2720 to move snow but either I faced the rear blade forward which didn't work well as then the tractor was in the unplowed or flip it around a drive backwards which worked well but was akward and hard on the neck.

I found a good deal on a 60" for the Ranger. Not sure how well it will work, its not very high and when its angled it isn't as wide as the Ranger's tires. Didn't think of that till it was installed... Not sure how well it will push, might need to load the box up with ballast.... I figure at teh very least it will be good for the wife to use if I'm gone. She mows fine with the tractor but the loader intimidates her a bit.
    Gizmo2 and jd.rasentrac like this.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 1,510 Posts
    Our Honda 700 Pioneer had a 60" or 72" ( sorry not sure) on it when we seen it at the dealers. We had the blade removed because having a front , hyd angle on 1025r , 60" rear blade and a 47 snowblower, just didn't see the need of having another plow setting around. Honda seems to do a pretty good job plus it would be much faster than using the tractor.

Youtube shows lots of videos of Honda Pioneer plowing snow, so guessing you would be able to find some of the Ranger.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Thanks
    I have used a Yamaha Rhino 660 with a cycle country plow, not sure how big, but I think its a 60 or 54". It works pretty well, but there isn't much weight to cut through ice. The weakest point (imo) is that the mounts are welded to the skid plate underneath the vehicle. Other than that, it has adjustable skid shoes, a nice angling system and you use the winch to raise and lower. Last I used it, i think it was 2011 or 2012, and we a had a $h!t ton of snow (for my area). I don't remember the blade pushing the rhino around or anything.

With the blade angled, the rhino had plenty of power to push snow. With the blade straight, it had the power but you could tell the blade was there. (then again, the yamaha rhino has been proven to be far superior to the ranger as far as power, towing (which translates to pushing, in this case) and handling under load. So, i don't know- your milage may vary.

I sure did open a can of worms with that last statement didn't I?

tl;dr: I have used one and have pretty good success. I would recommend one to anyone who has a long path to clear, but not a ton of pushing/piling.
    Last edited by johnH123; 12-04-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clayh View Post
    Just picked up and installed a 60" Moose plow for my Polaris Ranger. So far I've been using the rear blade and bucket on the 2720 to move snow but either I faced the rear blade forward which didn't work well as then the tractor was in the unplowed or flip it around a drive backwards which worked well but was akward and hard on the neck.

I found a good deal on a 60" for the Ranger. Not sure how well it will work, its not very high and when its angled it isn't as wide as the Ranger's tires. Didn't think of that till it was installed... Not sure how well it will push, might need to load the box up with ballast.... I figure at teh very least it will be good for the wife to use if I'm gone. She mows fine with the tractor but the loader intimidates her a bit.
    I bought my 2013 Ranger 900 used. The guy had a snow plow mounted on it. The plow has a electric motor to turn the blade from side to side. I only got to use the plow once since I've owned it. The plow worked good ( all rock drive-way ). I did twist an axle ( up graded to Rhino axles ) while pushing snow some how. I even bought some tubes of sand to put in the bed of the Ranger. I had them in my truck and never took them out. The Ranger had plenty of traction ( with factory tires ) to push a full blade full around. I have since did a lot of up grades to the Ranger and not had a chance to push any snow. We live out on flat farm fields and all the snow blows away, where in town they will have 10 inches on the ground.
    I love snow!!! A guy can have all the fun playing with a Ranger or Tractor and never have to clean up the machine or fix any ruts. That is why snow is my favorite

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    I'm very interested to see pics of your plowing set!
    LANZ D 1906 | John Deere LANZ 510 | John Deere 112 | John Deere 3120 | John Deere CR 125 | Gator XUV 550 | 18S Cart | Güldner AZK

Wolfgang Gustav, regards from beyond the pond!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy*rodney View Post
    I did twist an axle
    Wow, how did that happen? I can't imagine twisting an axle on one of the rhinos.
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 1,165 Posts
    I've plowed for the last three years with the Kawasaki Mule and a 72" Moose plow. Works quite well, the only advice I'd give is push way back, once the snow hardens up it's like running into concrete and side by sides are just not heavy enough to move it. I did have to keep an eye on the underside, where the brackets were bolted to the frame, they take a lot of abuse when plowing and had a tendency to loosen up, other than that I think they work quite well.
    Gizmo2, pcabe5, ColonyPark and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
    Wow, how did that happen? I can't imagine twisting an axle on one of the rhinos.
    I twisted a stock axle on my Ranger , not a Rhino. I really like the Rhino axles , way more angle of movement than stock axle. A lot heavier made too.
    Gizmo2, johnH123 and PJR832 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy*rodney View Post
    I twisted a stock axle on my Ranger , not a Rhino. I really like the Rhino axles , way more angle of movement than stock axle. A lot heavier made too.
    The yamaha axles are pretty good. I swear to god that they make the ball joints/wear parts lower and lower quality every year, though.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    -Countyline box blade,
    -RED windrow rake,

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 11:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I'm not too worried about the mounts. The ubolts that came with it were too short for the Ranger frame(came off an Arctic Cat) and I didn't like the setup anyway. I want the plate completely off for summer fun and those U-bolts were too much of a pain. So I welded some tabs to the side of the frame with holes drilled in them and then bolted the plate to that.

rowdy*rodney: That electric turn sounds interesting. Was it some sort of electric motor and gear box or electric actuators(rams)? Any info on it that I could use to google info on or pics if you still have it?

I"ll try to post some pics of mine.
    PJR832 likes this.
    F932-gas with 72" mower deck(sold)
    2720-72" mower deck with hydraulic lift, 3 valve rear SCV, loader, bucket, forks, 84" RFM, blade, 74" snow blower, box blade, land grader........
    2305- sold
    Z915B

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast