• 1 Post By Herminator

Thread: Gator information

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-08-2018 @ 06:42 PM
    Thanks

Gator information

HOWDY!
    I'm looking for information on Gators. The community where I live is currently using golf carts to do the work of a gator or l&g tractor. The carts are okay but overworked. We are thinking about getting used gators to, over time, replace the golf carts. The use includes pulling trailers filled wit top soil, river stone, cut up trees and branches and brush. We currently have many used, old, golf carts with trailer hitches. These are very tired from over work and being used for something other than hauling golf bags.

I know nothing about a Gator and would appreciate any assistance any might offer as to the good ones, ones to avoid, what features to look for, approximate cost. I realize approximate cost is subjective and will be taken as such.

If there is anything those familiar with Gators might offer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Whizzer
    BigJim55 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whizzer View Post
    HOWDY!
    I'm looking for information on Gators. The community where I live is currently using golf carts to do the work of a gator or l&g tractor. The carts are okay but overworked. We are thinking about getting used gators to, over time, replace the golf carts. The use includes pulling trailers filled wit top soil, river stone, cut up trees and branches and brush. We currently have many used, old, golf carts with trailer hitches. These are very tired from over work and being used for something other than hauling golf bags.

I know nothing about a Gator and would appreciate any assistance any might offer as to the good ones, ones to avoid, what features to look for, approximate cost. I realize approximate cost is subjective and will be taken as such.

If there is anything those familiar with Gators might offer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Whizzer
    I have the HPX and it is nothing but a workhorse. It is not a 50mph gator but 25 is probably fast enough for what you want and it has a very good size bed. Two things I would look for on any gator would be power steering more importantly a power dump bed. You will never use your trailers again.
    jd.rasentrac likes this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements