6X4 JD GATOR 2009, Kawasaki gas engine
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Gizmo2
  • 4 Post By waltmart
  • 1 Post By waltmart

Thread: 6X4 JD GATOR 2009, Kawasaki gas engine

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts

    6X4 JD GATOR 2009, Kawasaki gas engine

    Am looking for some insight from the PRO's here, Haven't ever worked on a Kawasaki gas 6X4, Am needing information on why the gator won't do the top speed of 15-18, just barely get about9-10mph out of it, we aren't looking at going any faster just what the unit should do, with only 397 hrs on is, wouldn't think the primary clutch buttons are warn, but may be? ANY IDEAS !

    Lets here um,

    THANKS, Commence to your thoughts.

    waltmart

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    arlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Location
    South East Minnesota
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 409 Times in 308 Posts
    Is it making it to full RPMs?

    I think most gators had a speed limiter option. Could that be it?
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

    X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

    JD 997 Zero Turn

    Farmall B

    2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

  4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    33,630
    Thanks
    5,606
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 2,824 Posts
    I would bet to get to 15-18 MPH it would take a long flat straight away in perfect conditions. In real life usage, the MPH spec on these is not realistic at all, IMO.
    However, 9-10 mph does seem a bit slow. I'd start by replacing the belt.
    Maybe a clutch tuneup is in order, I've read many times that JD does not tune the clutches at all.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 05-02-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    waltmart likes this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waltmart View Post
    Am looking for some insight from the PRO's here, Haven't ever worked on a Kawasaki gas 6X4, Am needing information on why the gator won't do the top speed of 15-18, just barely get about9-10mph out of it, we aren't looking at going any faster just what the unit should do, with only 397 hrs on is, wouldn't think the primary clutch buttons are warn, but may be? ANY IDEAS !

    Lets here um,

    THANKS, Commence to your thoughts.

    waltmart


    Let ya know, It's fixed and runs up n down inclines, NO ISSUE get about 15 mph out or it

    PRIMARY CLUCTH, was the issue,

    THANKS,
    waltmart
    Gizmo2, arlen, Yamaguy and 1 others like this.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to waltmart For This Useful Post:

    Gizmo2 (05-03-2018)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 06:22 PM
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I would bet to get to 15-18 MPH it would take a long flat straight away in perfect conditions. In real life usage, the MPH spec on these is not realistic at all, IMO.
    However, 9-10 mph does seem a bit slow. I'd start by replacing the belt.
    Maybe a clutch tuneup is in order, I've read many times that JD does not tune the clutches at all.
    Gizmo,
    You are correct, JD at one time rebuilt he clutches and had to many complaints when they wore out prematurely, SO THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOW, no rebuild kits available anymore, Talked to a JD service manager and stated they had to many complaints, So new or nothing for that time on,

    Regards,
    waltmart
    Gizmo2 likes this.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to waltmart For This Useful Post:

    Gizmo2 (05-04-2018)

  10. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    33,630
    Thanks
    5,606
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 2,824 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waltmart View Post
    Gizmo,
    You are correct, JD at one time rebuilt he clutches and had to many complaints when they wore out prematurely, SO THAT WENT OUT THE WINDOW, no rebuild kits available anymore, Talked to a JD service manager and stated they had to many complaints, So new or nothing for that time on,

    Regards,
    waltmart
    Thanks.
    I know for a fact the clutch on our 560 needs some work/tuning and has since we got it. The 560 was new when we got it.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •