Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1929Likes

Thread: Big Jim's Gator 835r

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Thanks

Big Jim's Gator 835r

Since Big Jim is obviously too busy playing with his new Gator to start a thread... I thought I would start one, and hopefully he will get the hint

Maybe somebody can find some of his pictures from the other thread and repost them here.

I guess we don't need him to talk about his Gator!!

First order of business is to get to the bottom of that noise.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arlen For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (09-17-2018), Gizmo2 (09-18-2018), jd.rasentrac (09-18-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah.
    What’s up BigJim?
    We need that green and yeller playmate of the month in pictures!
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    Since Big Jim is obviously too busy playing with his new Gator to start a thread... I thought I would start one, and hopefully he will get the hint

Maybe somebody can find some of his pictures from the other thread and repost them here.

I guess we don't need him to talk about his Gator!!

First order of business is to get to the bottom of that noise.
    why thank u -arlen. i jsut now looked for our camera that she took some pics oni guess she has it in her purse yet?

so as soon as she gets home--i'll get to it
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    I liked that pic from the rear you posted the other day Big Jim, that thing looked like a danged Hummer sitting there!
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ok found the pics that the wife took of us at the dealer along with ET and his wife too--they met us and we had a nice lunch with them-and then they showed me the way to the dealer-wasn't too bad following them at all. i've had worse problems following people thru major cities back in the day when i was trucking

so for uns who don't know-i bought an out of state 835r gator-why-cause after yrs of being loyal to my dealer-he just up and refused to drop another 5oo bucks after knocking 500 dollars off initial price. took me a little road trip out to Ohio-and found several small dealers who would sell me this gator for $2,000 less than back home here. so i asked my dealer to split the difference and as i told him-he would make the rest up on the goodies i was gonna add on. nope-he claimed he needed to make a 8% profit from it. like i said he did drop the 500 bucks-but the dollar stopped there. so........ET told me about this place-called the sales lady and we struck a deal right off the bat. then i think i called her every day adding something and for some reason she forgot the turn signals and 4 ways-but......the speaker set was back ordered, along with the snow plow-so when i go back in for them-they are adding the turn signals and 4 ways.

now i got a lot of flak for not supporting my local dealer--i have spent thousands and thousands of dollars there --lots of money in my book-why he couldn't drop another 500 bucks is beyond me-he lost a sale-plus the money of the goodies too.

it is 89 miles from my place to this new area-my old dealer was 60 miles one way-can still do grocery shopping going to new place--or whatever along the way-so i'm happy cause the $3,000 bucks i saved almost payed for my plow i put on it--and now i get to sit in the warm and dry-and when i kick the bucket for the last time---my wife is gonna be nice and warm to plow the drive way-if its needed. probably the youngest boy will be here to plow his mother out as he has a plow mounted to a chevy blazer-so she should be covered A-OK. but she has wanted to drive the gator more than i thought-which i think is a great idea for her to learn how.

what i added to it: a horn--wiper washer fluid --bigger covers on the pvc boots--back window deflector--4 ways and turn signals, am/fm radio-plain no sirius--extra speaker kit--doors and top of roof-I think-not sure ---oh and the jd 4 way hydraulic 6ft snow plow---a winch-that u can use front or back--i think that's it--if i remember any more i'll add them later
    Last edited by BigJim55; 09-18-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    jim

king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (09-17-2018), etcallhome (09-17-2018), Herminator (09-17-2018), PJR832 (09-18-2018)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Thanks
    About that noise...

Is it a whine when you let up on the gas, and it starts free wheeling down the hill?
    Then if you give it gas and get the rpms up over say 1700 , do you slow way down when the descent control kicks in?
    Shouldn’t make much noise at all when the descent control is active, and even the whine when you are free wheeling down the hill really shouldn’t be much either.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 6 others like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 644 Posts
    Big Jim,

Congrats on your new Gator. I am sure you and your wife will thoroughly enjoy it, both for work and for pleasure.

My family, especially our granddaughters, has enjoyed our Mule this summer. We have also used it quite a bit around the yard and I take it to the hunting woods. It converts easily from a 1 bench seat to a 2 bench seat for additional riders.

Have fun and enjoy.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    ok so here's some pics nowhere we are trying out Charley boys seating arrangement. he's said it was a-ok

here's ET along with hsi wife and the mechanic who done the installs of the goodies--and Charley boy just took to et's wife -she walked him around for over a hr-all the while while we talked and discussed things about the gator. ET wanted me to take it for a ride-and i declined because i said hey-i bought 2 brand new pickups over the yrs and never got to test drive them. oh boy should i have test drove it-yes siree--should have--then if i thought it was so loud going down hill-i don't know what i would of done then--hadn't signed the papers as of yet then-but i had already told them i was buying it-already had most of the goodies on it by then-didn't know they have a off-site place to test them out on then, so....
    for whats it worth compared to the first night we drove and rode in it. we have it narrowed down to certain hills now-and what speed u can go down them. there is no idling along with it-oh. at least not on the road-they are township roads-some are state run too. so hoping to be able to crawl around in the woods better at my aunts house-that will come later.

here is what ET made for our new granddaughter-madison-who was just born in July something dayi think the 14th or 22-- i should be shot, for forgetting the date- huh. was very nice of him for doing that. thank u again ET-till ur better paid.
    No body was facing the camera on this shot-lol

gator update-so far a little over 60 miles-and at 6.2 hrs. loving it-except for the descent downhill noise it makes at around 20 mph to right under 10-at 5 mph the brake kicks off-u better have ur foot on the brake then

so far to make Charley boy feel more comfortable in the middle -we added a card board box and covered it with a large towel--that made him happier then, as he was able to lay down on it --don't really think 3 of us our size would be real comfortable in it-would be tight -IMO. for us it's honky dory-ohHe stands or sits on my lap most of the time-sticking his head out the window as we ride along-tonight we used the pickup for our little ride to the ridge and back-saw a really nice 4 point buck and 2 does--wished i would of taken the gator to see if it would of been quiet enough not to spook him. we shall see later.

any questions ask away-ok. thanks to Arlen for kicking my butt some to get me started.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3494.JPG   IMG_3500.JPG   IMG_3496.JPG   IMG_3502.JPG  
    Last edited by BigJim55; 09-18-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    jim

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (09-18-2018), etcallhome (09-17-2018), Fozsey (09-19-2018), Gizmo2 (09-18-2018), jd.rasentrac (09-18-2018), Jeff B (09-18-2018), Jeff R. (09-18-2018), pcabe5 (12-05-2018), PJR832 (09-18-2018)

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    About that noise...

Is it a whine when you let up on the gas, and it starts free wheeling down the hill?-no descent kicks in right away-only at 5 mph and under do u free wheel
    Then if you give it gas and get the rpms up over say 1700 , do you slow way down when the descent control kicks in?
    Shouldn’t make much noise at all when the descent control is active, and even the whine when you are free wheeling down the hill really shouldn’t be much either.
    ​-at 5 mph--when it starts to free wheel and i don't get the brake on fast enough i get the whining then-but just slap the brake on a bit and it goes away-or u can ride down the hill thru the hay field with one foot on the brake and one on the gas-and i just feather the gas to keep the descent control on then. but i hate that.

arlen--the descent control works great. if the hill is not that steep and ur going 30 mph-it kicks in right away when u let off of the gas pedal-u can tell it-just like a jake brake in a truck. as it slows u down to around 23 or 20 mph their is a very loud noise that comes in thru the cab-even kinda worse with windows up and a/c on--we haven't been using the a/c the last week and running with the windows down,, if i could get rid of that noise at that speed--i would be very happy. it gets pretty loud that it kinda makes my ears want to pop-like when u change attitudes-for us when we go up over the mountain to visit her family-my ears would pop up and coming back down over.
    the very first night we rode it-i was so disappointed i could of taken it back-no kidding i meant it. then the next morning the sales lady told me can't do that-as no promise of return on gators-except one of the small units. so she says they will do whatever to find out why its so loud at that speed. me-i think its just a combination of the belts and what ever is working to slow it down.

like i said it does work, i can come down off the one hill and only touch the brakes one time on a curve--till we pull into the driveway. wife even drove it down that hill-and she commented how good it held back for her. so....
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 7 others like this.
    jim

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 921 Posts
    All great pictures Big Jim, but this one is suitable for framing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suitable for framing.jpg  
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Cajun For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-19-2019), jd.rasentrac (09-18-2018)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast