Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: XUV865M Work Light Harness question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks

XUV865M Work Light Harness question

I just received my 865M. Because i have the factory cab it came with the front cab wiring harness. I'd like to install some work lights but i cant figure out how the wiring harness works. The wires for the lights are right there but I don't have a work light switch.

If I got the switch are the switch wires behind the dash ready to simply plug in?

Also, does anyone know the type of connectors that the work light harness uses? They are gray and small but I've never seen them before.

And to answer someone else's question about "park", on the diesel you don't have to put the gator in Neutral to get out. If you are on flat ground and in "H", the gator stops and sits idle. You can jump out, do what you need to do, jump back in and hit the gas. No shifting required.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 2,824 Posts
    You will more that likely need to supply the switch and maybe the wiring going to the switch.
    Try going here... John Deere - Parts Catalog

Screen shot...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wire H.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	667106
    jd.rasentrac likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    BTW, Welcome to GTT
    jd.rasentrac likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thats a big big help!

They make it seem like its plug and play but it really isnt.

Im happy to answer any 865 questions you guys might have

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by copperline View Post
    Thats a big big help!

They make it seem like its plug and play but it really isnt.
    I just did an extra light deal on our XUV560.
    You should have knockouts for additional switches. Unless you are like a member here on GTT (BigJim55) as he may not cause it got EVERY option known to man.
    BigJim55 and jd.rasentrac like this.
    Keith

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I did get many of the options but not all. I got the factory cab, HVAC, tilt bed, black and olive trim and of course the floor mats.

I wasn't about to pay almost $400 for two work lights though.

FYI, the cab is so tight that i have to really slam the doors to get them closed. Might have to leave a window cracked to let the air out.

Oh and the seatbelt alarm is ridiculous.
    Gizmo2, arlen and BigJim55 like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-16-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Are you talking about the wiring at the brushguard or on the top of the cab? I had to buy the xtra wiring harnesses since mine was a 835M to take care of the cab harnesses for the front and back of the cab. The lights I bought had 2 rows of leds, one row normal lights the bottom row were amber. Put a relay on the bottom row on the front and back of the cab lights. They now are my hazard lights while pushing snow.

As far as the switch location there are about 5 or 6 push pins (at least that is what I call them) on the center panel on the dash, take them out and pull the dash cover off. You will see the rocker switch connections, there are 4 if I remember right. One for brushguard lights, one for work lights front, worklights rear, and one for a beacon. (I ordered some extra push pins since I normally mess them up when taking off, didn't this time though. Just use a small flat head screwdriver on each side and push up or down depending on location of pin)

As far as the light connections I just bypassed them and connected on the other side of the factory connector, didn't want to cut them off, so they would be available if needed.

Bottom picture are the hazard lights, they flash so the picture only took one side. Don't know how to attach a MOV file. So I couldn't show the lights flashing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1593.JPG   IMG_1643.JPG   IMG_1644.JPG  
    Gizmo2 and arlen like this.
    Bill
    2018 JD Gator 835m
    2017 Kubota BX2680
    2017 Kubota F2690

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Thanks
    I did get many of the options but not all. I got the factory cab, HVAC, tilt bed, black and olive trim and of course the floor mats.

I wasn't about to pay almost $400 for two work lights though.

FYI, the cab is so tight that i have to really slam the doors to get them closed. Might have to leave a window cracked to let the air out.

Oh and the seatbelt alarm is ridiculous.
    I jumpered out the seat belt alarm right away. Cracking open a window definitely makes shutting the door easier.
    I’m glad to see another oil burner!
    BigJim55 likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I ordered one of those seat belt silencers. Basically a seat belt clip minus the belt.

I also figured out how the pre-wiring works. I wish it was a bit clearer in the manual or elsewhere as to what you need to do. I pulled off the center dash and right there are two switch connectors with a fog light symbol on them. Because I have the cab, my roof harness was already installed so all i need is a $22 switch from JD. i also ordered the "front attachment harness" which will give me the wires for the brush guard fog lights and horn. Ill likely order the "rear cab harness" at some point so i can install the rear work lights as well.

So far this thing is pretty amazing. It's actually taller than my Ram 1500. This thing is a beast. And the diesel version is very much like driving a tractor. High RPM's and slow movement. Feels like massive amounts of torque, but when you gun it it does get up to speed fairly quickly. Im glad I got the diesel. Will also make it easier with several diesel machines on the ranch.

I went with the black turf tires but i don't think thats going to work for me. At some point I'm going to have to order some ebay AT tires. Hopefully the Gator has a standard bolt pattern.
    arlen and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    I just received my 865M. Because i have the factory cab it came with the front cab wiring harness. I'd like to install some work lights but i cant figure out how the wiring harness works. The wires for the lights are right there but I don't have a work light switch.

If I got the switch are the switch wires behind the dash ready to simply plug in?

Also, does anyone know the type of connectors that the work light harness uses? They are gray and small but I've never seen them before.

And to answer someone else's question about "park", on the diesel you don't have to put the gator in Neutral to get out. If you are on flat ground and in "H", the gator stops and sits idle. You can jump out, do what you need to do, jump back in and hit the gas. No shifting required.
    Here's what i have concluded..
    I installed a set of JD work lights on my gator. They are in fact made by Rigid but they use a smaller connecting plug than the standard Rigid line. JD sells the connecting harnesses as well. Bought the JD harness and switch box and all went together well.
    The second set i bought i figured i would just buy the Rigid brand of driving lights and save a few bucks because they are the same lights. Well they are the same as the ones sold by JD except they have a larger plug that doesn't plug into factory JD harness. Luckily the Rigid light kit came with a harness. So i cut the small connectors off the factory JD harness and butt connected the larger connectors on and everything went together fine.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast