Gator TS Cargo Box
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By grnspot110
  • 2 Post By Brownie919

Thread: Gator TS Cargo Box

  1. Top | #1
    12dbsinad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Gator TS Cargo Box

    Does anyone make side extensions for the TS gator? I don't see any factory options. I am in the market for a new work series gator and I see JD is running a special.

    I am trying to justify spending the extra money for the TX model to get the deluxe cargo box, but it's another 1,300 dollars more. Size wise the TS is fine, but I'd need side extensions as it would be hauling a lot of loose/light materials. I suppose I could probably build something, but that requires another "project" and time I don't have!
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    grnspot110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Location
    North Central MO
    Posts
    5,455
    Thanks
    950
    Thanked 666 Times in 415 Posts
    I made my own, 1/8" x 3/4" angle iron & 1/2" AC plywood: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2903.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	690240
    Lowell

    1944 JD LA, 1953 JD 40S, 93-755 w/60" deck, '04-790 w/300 loader, 2000-F725, '07 "TS" Gator, 80-314 & numerous attachments!, 1980-2418 Power King, 1948 AC "G" & 1961 International Cub Lo Boy

  4. Top | #3
    12dbsinad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grnspot110 View Post
    I made my own, 1/8" x 3/4" angle iron & 1/2" AC plywood: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2903.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	690240
    Wow nice! Looks factory!
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to 12dbsinad For This Useful Post:

    grnspot110 (06-09-2019)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    Brownie919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Deere makes one, BM22572. Not cheap though, $537
    2001 4300 SyncReverser 430 Loader/48 Backhoe
    Walker MC20 Zero Turn

  8. Top | #5
    12dbsinad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie919 View Post
    Deere makes one, BM22572. Not cheap though, $537
    That only fits the deluxe cargo box models starting with the TX series.

    I've actually been eyeing the XUV560E crossover as well. It's smaller but boost a lot of features that is price friendly, including 4WD. They make all kids of accessories for those!

    I'm just not sure how rugged they are compared to a traditional gator.
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

  9. Top | #6
    Brownie919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie919 View Post
    Deere makes one, BM22572. Not cheap though, $537
    That only fits the deluxe cargo box models starting with the TX series.

    I've actually been eyeing the XUV560E crossover as well. It's smaller but boost a lot of features that is price friendly, including 4WD. They make all kids of accessories for those!

    I'm just not sure how rugged they are compared to a traditional gator.
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that.
    BM22572 fit's the TS, early TX (-050,000) before they came out with the deluxe bed, hpx, older xuv's.
    BM22774 fits later TX (050,001-) and later XUV.

    PC9460 is the TS parts book
    PC9461 is the TX parts book
    Gizmo2 and BigJim55 like this.
    2001 4300 SyncReverser 430 Loader/48 Backhoe
    Walker MC20 Zero Turn

  10. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
    Also remember that the TX has a 5 inch higher bed than the TS, so if you load/unload it manually, that's 5 inches higher everything has to be lifted, and the 'crossover'
    xuv's are even higher.

    I grabbed 3 chunks of scrap ply, trimmed them to fit, then stuck some scrap chunks of 2x4 on the inside front corners and added a couple of screws.
    Not pretty, but holds lots of wood chips. Didn't bother with a taller back, just front and sides. Don't even remember how I kept it from falling out when I dumped,
    maybe just picked it up and put it back in....

    my dealer keeps trying to talk me into an HPX, but they're kind of spendy for the way I treat the gator. Runs all winter taking feed to the cattle, 10 minutes at dawn,
    10 minutes around sunsest. Really hard on it, but it keeps on ticking....
    tquarles
    1025R FILB with 60" MMM, 48" Kuhn tiller, 60" Howse box blade,
    Howse post hole digger, JD LX60 brush cutter, Bearcat chipper, 3-point broadcast spreader
    Artillian forks and receiver mount, Cyclone Rake.
    Gator TS

  11. Top | #8
    12dbsinad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie919 View Post
    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with that.
    BM22572 fit's the TS, early TX (-050,000) before they came out with the deluxe bed, hpx, older xuv's.
    BM22774 fits later TX (050,001-) and later XUV.

    PC9460 is the TS parts book
    PC9461 is the TX parts book
    Thank you for that info! I stand corrected! Pricey for a few pieces, but it's JD so I understand
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

  12. Top | #9
    12dbsinad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tquarles View Post
    Also remember that the TX has a 5 inch higher bed than the TS, so if you load/unload it manually, that's 5 inches higher everything has to be lifted, and the 'crossover'
    xuv's are even higher.

    I grabbed 3 chunks of scrap ply, trimmed them to fit, then stuck some scrap chunks of 2x4 on the inside front corners and added a couple of screws.
    Not pretty, but holds lots of wood chips. Didn't bother with a taller back, just front and sides. Don't even remember how I kept it from falling out when I dumped,
    maybe just picked it up and put it back in....

    my dealer keeps trying to talk me into an HPX, but they're kind of spendy for the way I treat the gator. Runs all winter taking feed to the cattle, 10 minutes at dawn,
    10 minutes around sunsest. Really hard on it, but it keeps on ticking....
    Thanks for this. That's my biggest hesitation is the reliability. When I start looking at 4wd and XUV's, I've got a lot more items to maintain. CV axles, front and rear bushings, brakes at the wheels, etc all add to maintenance. A buddy of mine just had to replace 2 CV boots due to cuts from woody sticks.

    Can't get any simpler on a TS though..
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •