Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: 835M during Summer months

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks

835M during Summer months

When I bought the 835M HVAC Gator I thought I would never use the AC in it. After having the Kubota RTV for 5 years, I thought, well I will take the doors off. I have to say now, the AC is great, my 4 legged friend likes it also. He can't take the heat much anymore so when we go for rides it is in the comfort of AC.

So now I would say the extra cost of the AC when buying the Gator was worth it.

Big Jim what do you think!
    Gizmo2, bhill, arlen and 9 others like this.
    Bill
    2018 JD Gator 835m
    2017 Kubota BX2680
    2017 Kubota F2690

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 628SCF For This Useful Post:

69project (07-07-2019), BigJim55 (08-16-2019), Herminator (08-16-2019), jdmich (07-03-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    I for one don't give a crap what BigJim thinks.......................

bhill, OxPath, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

bhill (07-03-2019)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post

evil Gizmo
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, bhill and 4 others like this.
    LANZ D 1906 | John Deere LANZ 510 | John Deere 112 | John Deere 3120 | John Deere CR 125 | Gator XUV 550 | 18S Cart | Güldner AZK

Wolfgang Gustav, regards from beyond the pond!

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks

A/C on XUV 835

I have a XUV 835R and have to agree with you on the A/C ...... really nice on those hot muggy days this summer. My previous Kubota RTV X1100C had A/C also but I believe the 835R A/C is stronger plus you don't feel the power loss when the compressor kicks on on the 835R. I would never get another machine without HVAC.

I received the John Deere survey for the new XUV 835R yesterday and was hard put to indicate suggestions for improvement.
    Gizmo2, bhill, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jd.rasentrac View Post
    evil Gizmo
    Maybe some one fed him after midnight?
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 628SCF View Post
    When I bought the 835M HVAC Gator I thought I would never use the AC in it. After having the Kubota RTV for 5 years, I thought, well I will take the doors off. I have to say now, the AC is great, my 4 legged friend likes it also. He can't take the heat much anymore so when we go for rides it is in the comfort of AC.

So now I would say the extra cost of the AC when buying the Gator was worth it.

Big Jim what do you think!
    628-SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YA--but yes-the A/C was worth every penny it cost extra--and my furry friend sure enjoys it too-even if it's on and his head is hung out the door -well the window

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post

oh yeah u do-i know u do-here have a snickers bar and some of thisfeel better!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside360 View Post
    I have a XUV 835R and have to agree with you on the A/C ...... really nice on those hot muggy days this summer. My previous Kubota RTV X1100C had A/C also but I believe the 835R A/C is stronger plus you don't feel the power loss when the compressor kicks on on the 835R. I would never get another machine without HVAC.

I received the John Deere survey for the new XUV 835R yesterday and was hard put to indicate suggestions for improvement.
    i have not received a survey as of yet. did on my fix of snow plow-warranty DTAC --i filled it out for that. but nuthing else-and i'm in almost a yr now. next month.

so all u fellas who has the 835R or M's--i have been having a rash on the underside of my left arm off and on pretty much all summer. i thought i got poison ivy from mowing around a couple pine yrs -but it never really got like poison ivy-just a bad rash-heck i even got my dr to give some presoidene to get rid of it.

so today after we went for a early morning-maybe 3 miles-it was too foggy came back and parked it--i looked at my arm-red as all get out. i believe i'm having a allergic reaction to the plastic that goes around the window--so this afternoon i laid a towel over it so my arm would lay on the towel. we ride with the window down pretty much all the time-as Charley boy loves to ride with his head out the window-only time i make him get back inside is when we come steep hills.

sO ANYONE having issues like that

how about a vibration say up to around 19 miles an hr. does urs make a good bit of noise when the down hill descent is on?
    i'm thinking my belt is getting a glaze on it-or i got springs or weights in clutch messed up some
    Gizmo2 and Herminator like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    so all u fellas who has the 835R or M's--i have been having a rash on the underside of my left arm off and on pretty much all summer. i thought i got poison ivy from mowing around a couple pine yrs -but it never really got like poison ivy-just a bad rash-heck i even got my dr to give some presoidene to get rid of it.

so today after we went for a early morning-maybe 3 miles-it was too foggy came back and parked it--i looked at my arm-red as all get out. i believe i'm having a allergic reaction to the plastic that goes around the window--so this afternoon i laid a towel over it so my arm would lay on the towel. we ride with the window down pretty much all the time-as Charley boy loves to ride with his head out the window-only time i make him get back inside is when we come steep hills.

sO ANYONE having issues like that

how about a vibration say up to around 19 miles an hr. does urs make a good bit of noise when the down hill descent is on?
    i'm thinking my belt is getting a glaze on it-or i got springs or weights in clutch messed up some
    I occasionally drive with the window down and arm resting on the door and have not had any skin issues. Sounds like you may have an allergic reaction to either the rubber/vinyl window seal or maybe soap on there from when you washed the machine. Good luck getting to the bottom of that.

I have not had any vibration problems. When using down hill engine braking there is a slight high pitch squeal noise (from clutch?), much like the 3 Polaris Rangers I've owned previously. Dealer should be able to diagnose and fix both.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside360 View Post
    I occasionally drive with the window down and arm resting on the door and have not had any skin issues. Sounds like you may have an allergic reaction to either the rubber/vinyl window seal or maybe soap on there from when you washed the machine. Good luck getting to the bottom of that.

I have not had any vibration problems. When using down hill engine braking there is a slight high pitch squeal noise (from clutch?), much like the 3 Polaris Rangers I've owned previously. Dealer should be able to diagnose and fix both.
    here's a pic of my arm the wife took tonight for me
    this with a towel laying over the seal -so i don't know if i ran close enough to some poison ivy to get on it-or if it's defective from where it's puckered at.
    only drivers side did this-passenger side is a-ok.

i hate to say this-but the 2 mechanics at the small delaer where i bought my gator at---isn't all there-so--i'm e-mailing these pics to the sales lady and asking her to make arrangements at another larger dealer somewhere else in Md. a long story about them 2 -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190816_172223_Burst01.jpg   bad window rubber on gator.jpg  
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It a clear case of spoiled boy rash.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, arlen and 2 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:36 AM
    Thanks
    Gizmo says that's the money line.
    From the line into the AC cab towards the body is all money.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast