Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chuckv

Thread: 4x6 gator ignition switch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:26 PM
    Thanks

4x6 gator ignition switch

The switch and plug were cut off the 4x6 I bought. It hasn't ran in a few years and needs a little love but I think I can get it running. Anyone have at least a picture of what color wire goes to what pin sequence? I did buy a 6 pin switch on the way from ebay. Anyone have the PN for the connector to the switch?
    "Travis" on WFM
    First year 332 with H3 added X 2, JD 3 pt, JD factory delux seat with flip pan. 430 rear diff. 430 fender deck(have two that are mirror copies of themselves). 420, two more 332's.
    Attachments:JD 44 loader, JD 50 inch mowing deck, JD 48 replacement mowing deck JD 47 two stage snow blower, JD Hyd 42 Tiller, Gannon Earthcavator 42 inch 3 point mount, Cozy cab, JD 20 plow, Brinly 12 inch plow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks

4x6 gator ignition switch

JD online dealers such as GreenFarmParts have awesome part catalogs. eBay generally has OEM Tech Service manuals on CD for sale.

Hopefully someone will chime in with answers to your questions or you can use the reference materials listed above .........
    Good luck!
    Last edited by bhill; 04-28-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    2006 JD 3520
    300CX
    I-Match
    Frontier BB2272
    Frontier AF11E-6 Way Snow Blade
    Frontier SS1079 Poly Spreader
    ABI Classic 50 Manure Spreader
    Speeco Model 65 PHD
    Land Pride- Rotary Deck Mower
    Rimguard 610 lbs
    Ballast Box 510 lbs
    Artillan Forks
    Kens Bolt On Hooks.
    2012 JD Gator 825i
    Deluxe Cab with heat

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I do have the electronic manual. I just need to find where in there it references the wiring for the switch. If someone had one if they could just tell me what color goes to what pin that would make it pretty fast. Or a picture of the back side in relation to where the key is.
    "Travis" on WFM
    First year 332 with H3 added X 2, JD 3 pt, JD factory delux seat with flip pan. 430 rear diff. 430 fender deck(have two that are mirror copies of themselves). 420, two more 332's.
    Attachments:JD 44 loader, JD 50 inch mowing deck, JD 48 replacement mowing deck JD 47 two stage snow blower, JD Hyd 42 Tiller, Gannon Earthcavator 42 inch 3 point mount, Cozy cab, JD 20 plow, Brinly 12 inch plow.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Is your 4x6 diesel or gas? If gas, it may be the same as my 4x2. I can look at it but it may be a bit before I can get free.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Thanks
    Page 277 of the TM 1518 shows the colors on the wiring diagram for the key switch for the gas 6x4 as seen in this excerpt:
    gas 6x4 gator electric section from TM1518.pdf

The diesel 6x4 key switch is seen on page 319m of the same TM 1518...
    diesel gator electrical from TM1518.pdf

Chuck
    bhill likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi Chuck-I did some hunting and found that from what you had emailed me - thank you. I did get the key switch in the mail today so tomorrow I will tackle trying to get this going. Starter did turn it over when I jumped it but I know the safety circuit didn't have power and neither did the spark.

I thought this was a diesel when I bought as the package Chuck-but it turns out it is a gas. Either way-I want to get it running before selling as I wasn't planning on keeping this one. I had to unpin the bed since it is power lift on a dead machine.
    "Travis" on WFM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you Chuck. After reading up on the prints (and learning how to read the prints-not the best at electrical yet) I have it semi-figured out. I have the run position wired correctly and the lights, fuel pump and spark all work. Heck-even the bed lift works - which I had to unpin to get to the system so now I can repin. I can jump it and it turns over with spark. So at a minimum I need to clean out the fuel system (fuel pump also works) and then I can get it running. After that I think it will be getting sold. Bought as a package deal but don't have a need for that many around the place (5 wheel AMT gator, 4 wheel HPX diesel, 4x6 & A 3wheeler).
    "Travis" on WFM

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements