Green Tractor Talk banner

Tracks!!!

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  bama1025r 
#1 ·
So, I've been wanting to do this for a couple years, but could never justify the $5500 CDN that tracks would've cost me.

Well, it would appear that no one else could justify it either, and a dealer passed a full, brand new set, of Soucy XT-90's over the the auction barn. I was lucky enough to grab them for $2000!!!

I did have to get hub spacers/adapters to go from the JD pattern to polaris pattern.

While I'm at it I've added a 2" spacer lift (not on yet in pic), and I'm glad I did. The tracks need space to clear the fenders.

I'm also adding a silencer muffler, finally getting my Warm 4500XT winch on it, and re-routing the gas tank breather so I don't end up with a gas tank full of water. i think the rear diff is in for the same treatment.

Only thing left that I'm considering is a clutch kit.

With it's new height, wide stance, and wheelbase I honestly don't know what kind of stupidity I'd need to get up to to get stuck!!!

-J.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
HOLY COW! That is so C O O L ! ! !

Would love to see a video of it in action! Have you figured out a way to mount the new baby's car seat in it yet? :good2:

#3 ·
No, but we sure will be!! She's the whole reason we got the S4 (in 2013....).

#5 ·
Nice find, I would definitely pay $2000 for a set, am in the same boat hard to justify $5500. :bigthumb:. Keeping my eyes open for a deal like that for mine.

#6 ·
My find was an absolute beauty stroke of luck.....hope you find one too!!!!

#7 ·
WOW that's about the cost of rims and tires. I'd think the only thing you'd have to worry about is high centering it with that wheelbase.

#8 ·
True. The 2" lift spacers, and the 5" of height that the tracks have added should help with that!!!

Not a lot of obstacles to high centre on around these parts though, mostly just mud, snow, and FLAT.

#9 ·
JER, that is some ride now-wow!!! nice:bigthumb: now ur gonna want a windshield--then a wiper motor, and the list goes on-huh!! i bet that thing will be fun! thks for the pic. just need a action shot in motion:lol: please...............

#10 ·
WOW!! What else is there to say? :bigthumb:

#11 ·
Great find, and at $2000. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

Now for some action shots.

#14 ·
Good work man! Bad to the bone. I can't imagine how you must have felt when you bolted those on and dropped your tools and stood back.

#16 ·
Wow that is pure awesomeness! :bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi and rtgt
#17 ·
Some will leave chains on all year in an attempt to look cool.

Tracks. Now that is just flat out right cool. :good2:

#19 ·
ALL of the above statements are true!!!! Heck - when I see a walk behind trencher on tracks I get excited!!!

I'm pretty pumped. I'll get video ASAP.

Big thanks to my young neighbor Austin for doing the work for me as a side job......kid knows what he's doing!!!

-J.

#20 ·
That is one tough looking gator

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.