...Waiting to be mended...
Ten points if you get the reference.
I love my little 4x2 Gator. It's one of the best purchases we've made for the farm. However, the use it gets comes with a handful of issues. A while back I built a set of rear fenders for it. A few weeks ago, one of those fenders caught an immobile object.
So, that has to be straightened. The next problem was similar, in the sense that it was physical damage.
We have a Curtis cab on the Gator. It's great, but puts a lot more leverage on the rear mounts. The factory setup just has those brackets holding the plastic shroud in place that covers the gear shift and below the seats. As you can see, years of use and beating around rough gravel roads and fields have taken a toll. So today I tore it down and fixed it.
I rewelded the factory brackets, but was concerned that it would happen again. So, I added another one. It's tough to see, I got busy working and forgot to snap closer photos. It's 1/4"x 3", welded to the frame. I salvaged a handful of those off of some other equipment a while back, and you can probably see the bolt holes through it on the right side. I used those as an opportunity to plug weld it to the frame in addition to a bead across the front and down the side.
After all, the abbreviation for 'over kill' is OK.
Going back together.