Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: New delivery condition

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-16-2018 @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks

New delivery condition

I just received a new 3039R tractor w cab that I ordered about 2 months ago from GreenMark Equipment is Sparta, MI. After the euphoria of it finally showing up, I looked at it a lot closer and the loader (factory installed) and box scraper had numerous chips and scratches(call it about 60 total). I can tell that some of these were inflicted by the dealer themselves. The GM of the place came out and said you have no argument from me, this is unacceptable.

I said I want a brand new loader and scraper and they returned the tractor 2 days later (way too soon for the amount of work) with the same parts all patched up. I can tell there was zero surface prep...... he said they have 2 brand new parts but they are chipped up too. He said the loader was factory installed and should be kept with the tractor which I think is pretty lame considering how pieces and parts get sold or traded as needs change.

Am I unreasonable in wanting a $40k tractor to come through with parts that that aren't all chipped up? These chips are in places that should never be chipped ( no ground contact) for a long time. This weekend I either tell them to take it back and I change brands as the nearest other JD dealer is too far away.
    keane likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Thanks
    Think you are correct, would not accept a car that way.....perhaps you can meet in middle, whopping deal on attachment, or free 100 service?
    They should make amends
    Last edited by fdmars; 04-14-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fdmars For This Useful Post:

South Bluff (04-14-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    While I would expect the paint on the cab, fenders and hood to be in good condition, getting a loader and bucket chip-free is nearly impossible. Normally the dealer touches up the big scratches and chips on the loader itself but the bucket has to be pretty bad to warrant any painting.

Implements are the same way. The last Frontier rear blade I bought was in horrible condition despite being unassembled and still on the factory pallet. The dealer gave me a can of spray paint and a bottle of touch up paint.

As the previous poster suggested, ask for some kind of concession. If you wait for a pristine paint job you'll be in for a long wait.
    Last edited by jgayman; 04-14-2018 at 06:56 AM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

South Bluff (04-14-2018)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks
    My similar price new pickup has a minor ding in the paint,, less than one inch long.
    It probably happened at the dealer,,

anyways, I asked my body shop friend for a quote, the repair would cost $1,200.

When I sat down to discuss the final price of the truck, I mentioned the ding.
    I asked that they fix it, or offer a $1,200 discount,,
    they hemmed, and hawed a LOT, then finally gave me the full amount as a discount,,,

I was amazed, and happy, the ding is something that happens to a truck,,,
    PJR832 likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Don’t think your unreasonable at all. The amount of money spent it is more than reasonable to expect it in NEW shape when you get it. Now I get that there might be a small chip or two from installation of accessories and hauling for delivery but it sounds like a lot more than a few. I would stand my ground and have them make it right.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jdmich For This Useful Post:

South Bluff (04-14-2018)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Being let down and disappointed in something you have waited for so long with excitement flat out sucks! I don't think it matters if you are spending 20k or 40k, new is supposed to be new. Do you have pictures of how the equipment arrived to you? I think a lot of members could offer a more solid reply for you if they could see what your describing.
    BigJim55, jdmich and PJR832 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bluff View Post
    I just received a new 3039R tractor w cab that I ordered about 2 months ago from GreenMark Equipment in Sparta, MI. After the euphoria of it finally showing up, I looked at it a lot closer and the loader (factory installed) and box scraper had numerous chips and scratches(call it about 60 total). I can tell that some of these were inflicted by the dealer themselves. The GM of the place came out and said you have no argument from me, this is unacceptable.

I said I want a brand new loader and scraper and they returned the tractor 2 days later (way too soon for the amount of work) with the same parts all patched up. I can tell there was zero surface prep...... he said they have 2 brand new parts but they are chipped up too. He said the loader was factory installed and should be kept with the tractor which I think is pretty lame considering how pieces and parts get sold or traded as needs change.

Am I unreasonable in wanting a $40k tractor to come through with parts that that aren't all chipped up? These chips are in places that should never be chipped ( no ground contact) for a long time. The dash was all gouged and they did replace this but did only a fair job. If I keep her, I will take this off and do it right. This weekend I either tell them to take it back and I change brands as the nearest other JD dealer is too far away, or I lower my standards.

I only buy the best of everything and I thought I was buying the best; but so far I am very unimpressed with this dealer. Hopefully they are not a true representation of the brand itself.

I could have bought New Holland, MF, Mahindra, Case all closer to me.
    First, sorry to hear about your experience. I had the hood replaced on my new tractor due to paint coming off in chunks a week after purchase. Heritage Tractor (my JD dealer) came out and replaced it. That said, tractors are not cars. I grew up around tractors. Chips, even with a little rust around them are common on new farm equipment. The assumption is that people, other than the owner, will not be admiring them. Tractors are designed to be put to work in harsh, dirty environments.

When shipped, chains are used to secure the tractor, and the buckets are stacked. If you go to a Kubota, Case, Mahindra, MF or New Holland dealer, look over the inventory, you'll see what I mean. The same is true with John Deere. If your tractor is significantly worse than "average" (such as in my case, pieces of paint coming off after one week), any dents, and/or major scratches, the dealer will take care of you. If you are holding up the tractor to "new car" expectations, the dealer will be "nice" but will quickly become frustrated. After buying my tractor, I bought a can of JD touch up paint and touched up the spots where the shipping chains scratched the axels, and the spots on the bucket that were most likely from being stacked during shipping.

Good luck. I believe you'll find the your 3039R to be a wonderful piece of equipment.

Last edited by 356; 04-14-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 356 View Post
    First, sorry to hear about your experience. I had the hood replaced on my new tractor due to paint coming off in chunks a week after purchase. Heritage Tractor (my JD dealer) came out and replaced it. That said, tractors are not cars. I grew up around tractors. Chips, even with a little rust around them are common on new farm equipment. The assumption is that people, other than the owner, will not be admiring them. Tractors are designed to be put to work in harsh, dirty environments.

When shipped, chains are used to secure the tractor, and the buckets are stacked. If you go to a Kubota, Case, Mahindra, MF or New Holland dealer, look over the inventory, you'll see what I mean. The same is true with John Deere. If your tractor is significantly worse than "average" (such as in my case, pieces of paint coming off after one week), any dents, and/or major scratches, the dealer will take care of you. If you are holding up the tractor to "new car" expectations, the dealer will be "nice" but will quickly become frustrated. After buying my tractor, I bought a can of JD touch up paint and touched up the spots where the shipping chains scratched the axels, and the spots on the bucket that were most likely from being stacked during shipping.

Good luck. I believe you'll find the your 3039R to be a wonderful piece of equipment.
    ^^^ this is true. Your tractor was a great example of something not acceptable.

The box blade I wouldn't be all that concerned with. After 30 mins of actual use you will no longer notice the dings that was present on delivery.

Anything on the interior of the tractor cab such as the instrument cluster, I feel should be free of any damage period.

The remainder of the tractor should be new and I believe pictures of what's being described would help others give an accurate answer on how they would feel if the same tractor was delivered to them.

I would assume the dealer would hesitate on replacing the loader and tell you it needs to stay with the tractor for many reasons. One of those being if you financed the equipment. The loader has its own serial # and I'm sure it would be far easier/quicker to swap out the loader than the time required to explain all of this to John Deere and justify a change in the paperwork you have already signed.
    Last edited by ky_shawn; 04-14-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    While I would expect the paint on the cab, fenders and hood to be in good condition, getting a loader and bucket chip-free is nearly impossible. Normally the dealer touches up the big scratches and chips on the loader itself but the bucket has to be pretty bad to warrant any painting.

Implements are the same way. The last Frontier rear blade I bought was in horrible condition despite being unassembled and still on the factory pallet. The dealer gave me a can of spray paint and a bottle of touch up paint.

As the previous poster suggested, ask for some kind of concession. If you wait for a pristine paint job you'll be in for a long wait.
    What jgayman said.
    Tractor should be tip top. Although 90% of the scratches and chips are probably done by the hauling and lashing down of equipment by the trucking company. They tend to try to fit as much on a load as possible and things get banged together.
    The implements are just horribly stacked on top of each other. I know Frontier does this. My box blade was all shredded like it was used as well as the land plane i just bought. Although the scratches and being on broken factory dunnage got me another $100 off price and a can of paint.

When the dealer has to unload a stack of implements with just tiny pieces of wood separating them, things tend to get all scratched up. I don't think it's right, but that's basically what happens.
    While i don't unload implements i do unload tons and tons of fab steel, machine parts, pipe , you name it from time to time.
    The way they load things in a giant stack at the factory isn't the way it can be unloaded on a job site or dealer. Stuff needs to be picked apart. Contact occurs.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_shawn View Post
    ^^^ this is true. Your tractor was a great example of something not acceptable.

The box blade I wouldn't be all that concerned with. After 30 mins of actual use you will no longer notice the dings that was present on delivery.
    I recently purchased a new King Kutter II Rotary Tiller. A small dent (2") on the back plate, a 9" scratch on the top, 1/8" to 1/4" chips in about 50 places, many of them with rust...and this was the best of three in stock. As you noted, after half an hour of use, the imperfections did not matter.

The standard for a tractor--especially one as nice as a 3039R--is much higher than for an implement, but should be lower (at least IMO) than for a car or boat. As others has posted, the interior should be without fault, although JD "fit and finish" is not up to automotive standards based on the cabs I've been in. I do not own a cab tractor (because I use mine in a wooded area), but I enjoy checking them out at the dealers and tractor shows. As a "car guy" and former concours judge, I have a trained eye for fit/finish issues. I'd say the JD cabs for the compact tractors are about the nicest in the industry.
    DRobinson, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    JD 3025E | D160 loader | JD 413 Rotary Cutter | Behlen 7' grader blade | JD cultivator | Farm King PHD w/12" auger | Titan Ballast Box | 61" Pirhana bar | JD Sod Buster | Titan Pallet Fork w/receiver | Edge Tamers with Extensions | 5' King Kutter Rotary Tiller
    JD Z-Trac 335E with hitch and bumper kit | JD 8 cu ft cart
    JD D-100 Lawn Tractor w 42" deck | 10 cu ft HF cart
    1948 Ford 8N l 6' tooth harrow l Kawasaki Mule XC-SE
    Weather KMOLAWSO17 It's always sunny...unless it is not

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast