Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Blower came off today

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks

Blower came off today

Took the snowblower off my 2520 today. What a crummy year for snow removal. And when it did finally start, I changed day jobs (because I was losing money on the snow side of things), taking me out of town every other day.

Mind you, I now don't need to actually run my equipment - the pay raise more than covered my costs and payment on the tractor. I can now own one guilt-free, although I'll still pick up the odd landscaping contract here and there.

The question left over now is, do I mount the backhoe, or the MMM? Considering there's still a couple inches of icy snow on my grass, but switching the two is a pain. Told my wife I'd need a second machine - she did NOT approve.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    tj1
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    Took the snowblower off my 2520 today. What a crummy year for snow removal. And when it did finally start, I changed day jobs (because I was losing money on the snow side of things), taking me out of town every other day.

Mind you, I now don't need to actually run my equipment - the pay raise more than covered my costs and payment on the tractor. I can now own one guilt-free, although I'll still pick up the odd landscaping contract here and there.

The question left over now is, do I mount the backhoe, or the MMM? Considering there's still a couple inches of icy snow on my grass, but switching the two is a pain. Told my wife I'd need a second machine - she did NOT approve.
    Well thanks a lot, it's snowing here to beat the band as I write this and you caused it! I haven't removed mine yet because I know if I do I will need it ! Unpredictable year for snow..
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    I don't have my snow blower on but have it sitting next to the tractor and the blade is still on and the mid shaft still on. I don't think we will need it anymore but there is too much snow on the ground to get to my FEL.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Annnnd I just remembered how much of a pain it was to mount the backhoe. Sitting on uneven ground, took me over an hour.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    02-26-2019 @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    Blower came off two weeks ago! Annnnd the FEL went on. That thing is worth its weight in gold! Handy for moving those stubborn snow piles still hanging around the house...

Even more handy for removing the tree stumps...then transporting said tree stumps.
    Handy for moving the 25Ton wood splitter that came in a YUGE box and weighed 650lbs.
    Also very handy for retrenching the drainage along the driveway, grading the driveway and starting my own landfill behind the garage/shop.

Winter is over(???) Hahaha Still got a dusting of snow up these parts last night.
    BigJim55 and tj1 like this.
    2018 JD 1023E/120R FEL/47"Blower/IMatch ballast bucket/LandPride 0560 Grader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdDog0 View Post
    Blower came off two weeks ago! Annnnd the FEL went on. That thing is worth its weight in gold! Handy for moving those stubborn snow piles still hanging around the house...

Even more handy for removing the tree stumps...then transporting said tree stumps.
    Handy for moving the 25Ton wood splitter that came in a YUGE box and weighed 650lbs.
    Also very handy for retrenching the drainage along the driveway, grading the driveway and starting my own landfill behind the garage/shop.

Winter is over(???) Hahaha Still got a dusting of snow up these parts last night.
    I am considering doing this if I have time this weekend. I have a bunch of snow piles that I would like to dismantle so they melt a little quicker. I think they are calling for 60s early next week. I should get out there and do this before the ground gets too soft. FEL works great for this task like you said.

It is crazy how fast it has been melting the last couple days. I had to get my Father-in-laws truck out of cold storage in the back of the pole barn on Wednesday night. There was still a good 6-8" of snow there compared to the 16-20" when it fell this past weekend. I walked back there last night and what was 6-8" the day before was 0-2". So we melted close to 6" in 24 hrs. We are starting to get patches where I can see the grass showing. Once we get to that point the melt rate increases. Last night got down to 33F so we are staying above freezing overnight now.
    BigJim55, tj1 and firemachine69 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

Yup!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180311_154533[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	595098

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180416_185518[1].jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	595106
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    I had a small mowing service on the side most of my adult life. I never got into snow removal even though I was asked many times. Too unpredictable to invest money into the equipment - around here sometimes it snows like crazy - some years will have no snow at all. Plus the fact that doing snow removal on other properties is a recipe for damaged equipment.

So I stuck with mowing both lawns and fields and some light landscaping work. Never got into any digging work once I found out what my insurance would be.

Kept it simple - worked my way into mowing only larger estates for people who had the money to pay without complaining. It easily paid for all my equipment plus some - it was nice getting new tractors and mowers every couple years - my dealer loved me!
    BigJim55, Jim Timber, tj1 and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    02-26-2019 @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I had a small mowing service on the side most of my adult life. I never got into snow removal even though I was asked many times. Too unpredictable to invest money into the equipment - around here sometimes it snows like crazy - some years will have no snow at all. Plus the fact that doing snow removal on other properties is a recipe for damaged equipment.

So I stuck with mowing both lawns and fields and some light landscaping work. Never got into any digging work once I found out what my insurance would be.

Kept it simple - worked my way into mowing only larger estates for people who had the money to pay without complaining. It easily paid for all my equipment plus some - it was nice getting new tractors and mowers every couple years - my dealer loved me!
    This is the kind of retirement gig I need!
    2018 JD 1023E/120R FEL/47"Blower/IMatch ballast bucket/LandPride 0560 Grader

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    This is the kind of retirement gig I need!
    It took me many years to weed out the more undesirable customers. People with little in-town lawns, places that were really rough, cemeteries, and people who were slow pay or just a pain.

Most of my accounts were bigger estates (3-6 acres of lawn) that were really just part time camps. And they were all in the same area. After 25 years I finally had the customer base I wanted and a nice new 757 zero turn and my 2520 tractor along with a very nice trailer and other gear.

Then I got sick......
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast