• 2 Post By agent blue
  • 2 Post By Stradic9

Thread: New Buyer Incentives May 1?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 01:28 AM
    Thanks

New Buyer Incentives May 1?

Been pricing a new JD 2025R. Dealer is having a Drive Green event May 4-5 next weekend. There is a $500 coupon with that event good for purchase of a new series 1-5 Cut. There is also expiring this Monday April 30 buyers incentives for $900 off 2 implements and another $300 rebate with the 0% financing or $500 cash. Salesman I am talking with is telling me he thinks the expiring incentives will be replaced with as good or better. Possibly since the 2018 2025R is a revamped model something specific to it. No idea what JD has done in the past. Does any of you long time JD followers have any possible insight into what might occur with new incentives?
    Gizmo2 and BigJim55 like this.
    2018 2025R with FEL, Auto Throttle Kit, Frontier RC2060 Rotary Cutter, JD Ballast Box, I-Match Quick Hitch, JD 3 Point Receiver Hitch, Artillian 3000 pound Fork Frame and Backrest with 42x3 inch Forks and Bucket Hoe, Kens Bolt On Hooks, Rhinohide Canopy, Frontier GM1060R mower, JD GT275 Garden Tractor with 48 inch deck, JD 145 Automatic Lawn Tractor with 48 inch deck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:31 AM
    Thanks
    Always a roll of the dice when it comes to the next round of incentives. They might go up or down. Depends on what units Mother Deere wants to move this coming quarter. We will just have to sit tight and wait for May 01 and see what goodies there are this time around.
    Jim Timber and PJR832 like this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:08 PM
    Thanks
    It is a gamble. I know when I bought my ZTrak it was a similar game. I bought it in Jan because the 0% deal was up in Feb I think. I asked the same question and the salesman really couldn't predict what would happen once the offer at the time was up. He said it is hit and miss. I forget now if it was renewed but it didn't matter. I figured that it was easier to just sign the paperwork before the deal was gone rather than risk it. Not that I needed a lawn mower in Minnesota in January.
    PJR832 likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    It is a gamble. I know when I bought my ZTrak it was a similar game. I bought it in Jan because the 0% deal was up in Feb I think. I asked the same question and the salesman really couldn't predict what would happen once the offer at the time was up. He said it is hit and miss. I forget now if it was renewed but it didn't matter. I figured that it was easier to just sign the paperwork before the deal was gone rather than risk it. Not that I needed a lawn mower in Minnesota in January.

Don't they make a front-mount plow attachment for your Ztrak?

Unless you're getting a smoking deal private sale or used, it's almost a given the next round of incentives will be better. The "everyman's economy" that purchases these SCUTs and MCUTs is rapidly deteriorating.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 04-28-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    05-05-2019 @ 07:38 PM
    Thanks
    I think there is some truth to that. My close dealers have a " yard " full of tractors sitting in the snow all winter. More inside storage. It appears the dealers got an incentive to stock them as over production out weighed sales. Small frame tractors at high value prices, ...... buyers are more skeptical in their finances. Look at new Dodge, Ford, and Chevrolet trucks. All advertising 12 thousand off sticker mid year sales season. It shows their products are well over priced and now its crunch time.
    BigJim55 and Jim Timber like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agent blue View Post
    I think there is some truth to that. My close dealers have a " yard " full of tractors sitting in the snow all winter. More inside storage. It appears the dealers got an incentive to stock them as over production out weighed sales. Small frame tractors at high value prices, ...... buyers are more skeptical in their finances. Look at new Dodge, Ford, and Chevrolet trucks. All advertising 12 thousand off sticker mid year sales season. It shows their products are well over priced and now its crunch time.

i haven't been looking at the car dealers since way back in 05-and 06. at that time Chevrolet was offering 8 to 10 thousand off incentives to buy from them. i bought a new truck each yr, back then. and i got that much off each time. i made the statement to the salesman back then-heck-i'm buying this new truck in 05 for the same price i paid in 2000 for one i ordered. he just shook his head-and didn't really have much to say then.

of course the 05 and 06 was sitting on the lot-versus the 2000 i ordered to my specs.

i know yrs ago-the one part owner at jd told me they wanted him to order enough tractors, mowers, etc., in the fall for the next spring. the dealer's front lot is just covered with 1 series everywhere when i was there last week. packed to the gills of course they have a couple 2 and 3 series sitting there too. plus some gators.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-24-2019 @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    As far as incentives, they are pretty much the same all year. 0% for 60 is almost always available. "Drive Green Days" or whatever, you might see an extra $100-$500 off coupon but that's just to get you in the door. The real key here is what percentage you can get off of the MSRP. If you do a forum search on the whole internet, I've seen people talk about 15%-20% off range is what you should be going for when it's all said and done.
    One other note is that there are incentives and financing that are not advertised. You really need to sit down with your salesman and dig. After several quotes and configuration changes, trips to see the 2032R in person, emails, texts and more quotes, I mentioned how Kubota had 0% for 84 months. At the time (December 2017) John Deere was advertising 0 for 60 and 1.9 for 72. Lo and behold, I end up signing papers for 0% for 84 months with JDF. It definitely wasn't advertised but that's what I got.
    Maybe purchasing the tractor on December 31 had something to do with it as they wanted my business before year end, I don't know.
    Jim Timber and nastorino like this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements