Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Fuel Question (red or green)

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-27-2018 @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks

Fuel Question (red or green)

OK so this may seem stupid but what fuel is everyone running on the new 2032R tractors. Manual specifies ultra low sulfur, which is typically on road fuel (green), but is anyone running off road (red) fuel? If so - how did you learn you could do this? Did your dealer say so? Will it void engine warranty - manual says improper fuel can void engine warranty. Just want to be sure I am doing the right thing. Again, I run heavy equipment for a living so red fuel has always kind of been a given for everything in the off road world, but with these new DPF filters I wasn't sure if it would change anything on this tractor. It doesn't on big equipment, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,233 Posts
    No, it makes no difference, as long as itís ULSD. Itís just dye injected for tax purposes.
    mjncad, DRobinson, rtgt and 4 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j&scat View Post
    OK so this may seem stupid but what fuel is everyone running on the new 2032R tractors. Manual specifies ultra low sulfur, which is typically on road fuel (green), but is anyone running off road (red) fuel? If so - how did you learn you could do this? Did your dealer say so? Will it void engine warranty - manual says improper fuel can void engine warranty. Just want to be sure I am doing the right thing. Again, I run heavy equipment for a living so red fuel has always kind of been a given for everything in the off road world, but with these new DPF filters I wasn't sure if it would change anything on this tractor. It doesn't on big equipment, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!
    Green fuel? Around here "on road" diesel is pretty much clear. Either type is fine as long as it is ULSD. It's best to get it from some place that you can trust and has high volume sales, especially when cold weather rolls around.
    DRobinson, rtgt, coaltrain and 5 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    Any diesel fuel sold now is ULSD. If you have access to off road diesel then you can use that and save yourself the road tax that the state puts on the on road diesel.
    Here in Ohio that tax is $.28 a gallon.
    Looks like wv tax is over $.37 a gallon.
    Last edited by Jeff B; 04-29-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    DRobinson, Tomfive, PaDave and 4 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Any diesel fuel sold now is ULSD. If you have access to off road diesel then you can use that and save yourself the road tax that the state puts on the on road diesel.
    Here in Ohio that tax is $.28 a gallon.
    Looks like wv tax is over $.37 a gallon.

This! It used to be that off road (construction) fuel was high sulfur-but its been better than a decade since everyone switched over to USLD in on and off road applications-there just isnít any made anymore that could hurt your engine-so find a fresh supply at the lowest cost and pump away!
    DRobinson, Tomfive, PaDave and 3 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,456 Times in 1,581 Posts
    Use OFF Road if you can find it, cheaper same fuel just has a dye
    mjncad, DRobinson, Tomfive and 4 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks
    Off Road fuel is the same as On Road fuel, just has a red dye added so that cheaters can be caught. The tax is a great savings. I am thinking that it is about 50 cents per gallon here. I have a 300 gallon tank that they deliver to me when I order it. I have not had a delivery since Nov of 2016, but will soon have to call for a delivery. I paid $200 for my tank and expect to have it pay for itself soon. Not to mention the ease of fueling. Just pull up to the tank and "fill up".

Dave
    mjncad, robpm, arlen and 5 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-27-2018 @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks
    Ya i was thinking it was all the same now but I don't remember seeing a sign on the off road fuel that said it was the ultra low sulfur like it says to use and that the on road fuel says. Just don't want to run into a warranty problem down the road if needed. You know how picky these dealers can be anymore. I know a lot of guys that like to chance running it in the diesel pickups but I don't think I want to get stuck with a 10K dollar fine if they catch you haha.
    rtgt, Marlin and PJR832 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    In NA, none of the refineries produce anything but ULSD anymore. As stated, the reason it is off-road is because there is no road tax. Just like the gasoline in marinas (don't worry, they more than make up for it in the cost of convenience) and avgas.

Al
    mjncad, rtgt, Marlin and 1 others like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j&scat View Post
    Ya i was thinking it was all the same now but I don't remember seeing a sign on the off road fuel that said it was the ultra low sulfur like it says to use and that the on road fuel says. Just don't want to run into a warranty problem down the road if needed. You know how picky these dealers can be anymore. I know a lot of guys that like to chance running it in the diesel pickups but I don't think I want to get stuck with a 10K dollar fine if they catch you haha.
    The pump should actually be labeled "off-road ULSD"!!
    rtgt, Marlin and PJR832 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast