Michigan Dealers which ones to go to which ones to avoid...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Michigan Dealers which ones to go to which ones to avoid...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-06-2019 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks

Michigan Dealers which ones to go to which ones to avoid...

For all the Michigan folks, or those who have dealt with Michigan Dealers, which one do you use. Which ones do you avoid?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Me thinking to myself -- "Please be on the good list, please be on the good list!"

Kennyd, fdmars, mark02tj and 6 others like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:43 AM
    Thanks
    In Michigan the biggest JD dealer is Bader and Sons by a long shot. I think they 9 or 11 stores throughout the state so they definitely are the big JD dealer in Mi.

I recently just purchased a used 2005 John Deere Buck 4 wheeler from them and had a really great experience. The ATV was originally was in St. Louis, Mi and they went and transferred the ATV to the Lake City store so I wouldn't have to drive so far. They later told me they had a parts drop site only 6 miles from my house. I live over 65 miles from there dealership in Lake City. Needless to say I was really impressed with their services they offered in my area especially being so far away from their most northern dealership.

I will say if you are looking for a next to new used tractor that Goodworkstractors has by far the best deals going. I've never dealt with them but I see their ads on craigslist and their website and they run some great deals. I also look at their new arrivals and most of the tractors they sell don't stick around long.
    BigJim55 and GWT3046r like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Super 55: Thanks, I will check them out. I am looking into new tractors, a 1025r tlb specifically.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Tri-County John Deere is the dealer near me and had good luck with them. I am in between two of their dealerships so if One don’t have what I need the other does. Think they have 7 Dealerships. I also buy my Stihl equipment and parts there also.
    Had good luck with them for years now
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Thanks
    FWIW, I would work with Goodworkstractors if they had something I was interested in, no problem there. My local dealer is Napoleon Lawn & Leisure. I use them for my original JD parts and they've been great. I'm building a relationship with them, so I hope they'll be able to come through when I really need to lean on them and JD.

I think most will be courteous and fair. Test the waters with your local. Whoever you choose, build that relationship. Things break, and you may have to lean on JD sometime. Having that repertoire with the dealer can be worth a lot.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks

Good thread

I'm way far from Michigan but really like the idea of the thread where hopefully some honest and fair comments will surface. Dealers vary and what might be a good dealer to one person will be a stinker to another based off one or two experiences. Personally, I'm probably less concerned about the sales process than I am the parts and service end, just because I don't buy much new stuff. I still try to know the salesmen and management so if needed, I'm not a total stranger.

I'll be interested in the thread, it should be good stuff.

Treefarmer
    BigJim55 and mark02tj like this.
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    07-27-2018 @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    I prefer Bader & Sons . I live near the GM Milford Proving Grounds so I use their dealership in South Lyon. I've always received excellent service by the entire staff. Sales, Parts, and Service Dept. are great people to deal with. I even paid more for the tractor there than a local JD dealer that is closer due to reasons I'll keep to myself
    !
    BigJim55 and kylew like this.

2017 1025R - H120 FEL, Loaded R-4 Tires, 60D Auto-Connect w/Hydraulic Lift and Independent Hydraulic Kit, I-Match Hitch, Heavy Hitch Receiver w/Suitcase Weight Bar and Hitch'N Can, Ken's Grab hooks & Clevis.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 12:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Super55 View Post

I will say if you are looking for a next to new used tractor that Goodworkstractors has by far the best deals going. .

and they are a gtt vendor I never had a problem dealing with any vendor from gtt
    GWT3046r likes this.
    brian
    2016 2032r, h130 fel, 62d mmm, ballast box, frontier box blade bb20065,jd I match quick hitch, frontier land plane lp1160, jd independent mower lift, kens bolt on hooks, artillian forks and front hoe bucket, r2 3" edge tamer tarter 6 foot land rake

1989 jd 826 walk behind snow blower

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bmichael For This Useful Post:

GWT3046r (05-06-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JDsmith View Post
    I prefer Bader & Sons . I live near the GM Milford Proving Grounds so I use their dealership in South Lyon. I've always received excellent service by the entire staff. Sales, Parts, and Service Dept. are great people to deal with. I even paid more for the tractor there than a local JD dealer that is closer due to reasons I'll keep to myself
    !
    I will look into them. I am finishing up some work at GM Proving Grounds. Next visit I will stop in.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast