• 1 Post By arlen
  • 1 Post By Displaced Hokie

Thread: John Deere Powergard

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-20-2019 @ 04:43 PM
    Thanks

John Deere Powergard

Just got two offers in the mail from Deere about their factory extended warranty called Powergard. One for my z540m Mower and one for my 2032r. Any of you purchase these or have any insight as to if they are worth the money? I think the longest option is 4 years on the 2032r and is about $1300 and the 4 year option on my mower is about $400 I think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Deere's insurance policy aka extended warranty aka PowerGard is no different than anyone else. It is a big money maker. It really boils down to "do you feel lucky" and are you likely to have problems which are covered by the extended warranty. As with most products, the general consensus is that if your machine has been trouble free during the warranty period you'll probably be ok.

It's always a roll of the dice... JD is betting you won't have problems and they can pocket the money and you are betting you will have problems and get your money back.

I did not get the extension for either my 2720 or X500 and am now outside the extended warranty period so in this case I won. :-)
    Fozsey likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    I didnít get the extended warranty for my three Deere machines either. I havenít had anything major that has needed repair outside of the warranty period.
    I really thought about getting it for my 4720, but glad I didnít.
    Fozsey likes this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-12-2019 @ 10:40 PM
    Thanks
    I do know this...don't go whining that something failed"just outside of warranty and JD should pay for it" because JD will remind you of those flyers about Powergard that they sent you.
    Fozsey likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements