Little Rock turned out to be a big rock.
Like Tree61Likes
  • 22 Post By Catfishin
  • 10 Post By ZachinCO
  • 6 Post By klunker
  • 9 Post By tj1
  • 6 Post By tj1
  • 3 Post By Catfishin
  • 5 Post By Zebrafive

Thread: Little Rock turned out to be a big rock.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks

Little Rock turned out to be a big rock.

There was about a foot square of rock showing in the bank. So I took the bucket and curled it down and lowered it. My plan was to drag it out of the bank.

It was loose and started rolling on out of the bank. Only problem was, it kept coming and coming. The little rock turned out to be larger than a wheelbarrow.

Now what? I lowered and levelled the 4 n 1 bucket and it slid right under the rock. I had very little curl, but lifted it about a foot off the ground. Boy was it heavy. I knew I was at or above the limits of my 3032, but the rock couldn't stay there.

I slowly moved to the front of the house, and slowly backed down a slight incline. No way was I going to go forward! LoL
    Now the wife has a gigantic quartz rock in her flower garden and she couldn't be happier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Catfishin For This Useful Post:

lindsey97 (06-21-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Hey, I want a title too! ZachinCO's Avatar
    Last Online
    08-31-2019 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks
    Hose that big boy down and get out the rock polish!
    MINE!! 2016 New Holland T4.75

In-Laws 2006 4520-400 CX FEL-RC2072-Land Pride FS700-Rhino Box Blade-7' Plow Blade-CountyLine PHD
    In-Laws 2003 2210-210 FEL-54C MMM

My Sons IH Cub Cadet Originals- 62-Running;62-Restoration;61-Parts Donor

My social media~ https://www.instagram.com/zwhewitt_photos/

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks
    At least you got it out and moved!

When I had my 900ft driveway excavated one of the excavators showed me pictures of a rock that they hit when digging a foundation for a cabin in the northwoods.
    They kept digging and digging. It kept getting biger and bigger.
    It got to the point it was as big as a volkswagon they quit digging.
    I asked what they did then.
    The answer, Move the cabin
    Tomfive, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    At least you got it out and moved!

When I had my 900ft driveway excavated one of the excavators showed me pictures of a rock that they hit when digging a foundation for a cabin in the northwoods.
    They kept digging and digging. It kept getting biger and bigger.
    It got to the point it was as big as a volkswagon they quit digging.
    I asked what they did then.
    The answer, Move the cabin
    In my past life as a contractor we hit many pieces of "Glacial till" much bigger than a VW and when an excavator cannot pick it up you dig a bigger hole nearby and pull it in and cover it or you go find a retired demolition army expert! Which I was lucky enough to have as a friend,, he loved to blow things up! But the hole is cheaper by far!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

8. Top | #5
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfishin View Post
    There was about a foot square of rock showing in the bank. So I took the bucket and curled it down and lowered it. My plan was to drag it out of the bank.

It was loose and started rolling on out of the bank. Only problem was, it kept coming and coming. The little rock turned out to be larger than a wheelbarrow.

Now what? I lowered and levelled the 4 n 1 bucket and it slid right under the rock. I had very little curl, but lifted it about a foot off the ground. Boy was it heavy. I knew I was at or above the limits of my 3032, but the rock couldn't stay there.

I slowly moved to the front of the house, and slowly backed down a slight incline. No way was I going to go forward! LoL
    Now the wife has a gigantic quartz rock in her flower garden and she couldn't be happier.

You must have squatted the front tires just a pinch too!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    You must have squatted the front tires just a pinch too!
    Yes I did.

Levi, greenharley and Herminator like this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    Dig a bigger hole and push it in, fill hole. That's my solution. I did hear people will actually BUY big rocks.

When a storm took down the old barn at the farm, after a buyer removed the old barn wood (for cheap, easiest to sell all at once), I put up a "FREE ROCKS" sign and people hauled away the foundation rocks for me. It took all summer, but they all disappeared!!!.
    mark02tj, tj1, Herminator and 2 others like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements