Dear neighbor, can you please stop cutting my grass and encroaching on my property!!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: Dear neighbor, can you please stop cutting my grass and encroaching on my property!!!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 07:37 PM
    Thanks

Dear neighbor, can you please stop cutting my grass and encroaching on my property!!!

As title indicates. Am I the only one who is annoyed by a neighbor who is trying to do a good deed after my repeated requests to stop trespassing and/or do anything on my property.

Yesterday, I had him cited for trespassing :0).

You know what they say: No good deed goes unpunished.

This is the messages to those who are trying to be extra neighborly and do things on someone’s property without permission.

STOP IT!!!!!

(No Cutting grass or clearing brush, and so on. ) yes I know it does not look pretty to you.

Stay off my yard please. !!!!

Discuss —— :0)
    Last edited by AverageJo; 06-29-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    mjncad and coaltrain like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    As title indicates. Am I the only one who is annoyed by a neighbor who is trying to do a good deed after my repeated requests to stop trespassing and/or do anything on my property.

Yesterday, I had him cited for trespassing :0).

You know what they say: No good deed goes unpunished.

This is the messages to those who are trying to be extra neighborly and do things on someone’s property without permission.

STOP IT!!!!!

(No Cutting grass or clearing brush, and so on. ) yes I know it does not look pretty to you.

Stay off my yard please. !!!!

Discuss —— :0)
    I could probably use him if he likes to mow and clear brush. Did he charge much?
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 13 others like this.
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Hmmmm. This is kinda timely. I just had a neighbor who moved out and closed on his home yesterday. The grass needs to be cut. I was going to cut the lawn for the new neighbors as I'm sure they'll be concentrating on moving themselves in this weekend. They'll be moving into a home that needs the grass cut.

Now you have me thinking I really shouldn't.....

What has our world come to?
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 16 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-30-2018 @ 07:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I could probably use him if he likes to mow and clear brush. Did he charge much?
    Not sure but it may cost you if he breaks his neck on your property and you will be responsible for his med bills. :0)
    Levi and Marlin like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    Hmmmm. This is kinda timely. I just had a neighbor who moved out and closed on his home yesterday. The grass needs to be cut. I was going to cut the lawn for the new neighbors as I'm sure they'll be concentrating on moving themselves in this weekend. They'll be moving into a home that needs the grass cut.

When our next door neighbor moved it was probably 6-months until the property sold and someone else moved in. It was about 1/2 acre of somewhat flat land so I just went ahead and mowed it whenever needed without giving it much thought. It only took 15-20 mins. Not only did it look better for prospective buyers but it eliminated tall grass and weeds next to my yard which helped eliminate any critters setting up shop.

I continued to cut the grass for the new neighbors for about 3-4 months until they got settled and got their own lawn mower.

Quite frankly, unless your neighbor is damaging your lawn in someway or his mowing is somehow adversely impacting something else you are doing I say why kick a gift horse in the face? I mean... gas is up to $3.00 per gallon around here so the less you have to mow the better.
    Last edited by jgayman; 06-29-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    DRobinson, arlen, Levi and 6 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJo View Post
    Not sure but it may cost you if he breaks his neck on your property and you will be responsible for his med bills. :0)
    That’s what insurance is for
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Thanks
    Interesting topic as I'm having issues with my long time "nice" neighbor turned "annoying" (but that's another story). Is you neighbor encroaching by only a couple of feet into your property, i.e. mowing just over the property line, or is he actually way into your property doing something?

If he's way onto your property, I figured a polite "please don't" would be sufficient ... or does he think the location of the property line is different than where you think it is?

Sometimes it's not easy dealing with neighbors.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Tomfive; 06-29-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post

I would do it...
    I don’t worry too much about situations like the OP has...or any other situation come to think of it
    I guess you could say that I like living in my “fool’s paradise “—until I get bit.
    JD 320D Skid Loader

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

11. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    I would do it...
    I don’t worry too much about situations like the OP has...or any other situation come to think of it
    I guess you could say that I like living in my “fool’s paradise “—until I get bit.
    I'm just trying to be neighborly and welcome the new folks in. If they ask me not to, I'd understand and it'd be ok.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 03:45 PM
    Thanks
    Well obviously you and your neighbor have had many rounds of problems if you had them cited... In your particular case follow the old addage "good fences make good neighbors" put up a fence and then you won't have to deal/see them and vice versa. For most circumstances a simple neighborly discussion of intent and appropriate activity should take care of any problems.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 6 others like this.
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast