What's your average turnaround time for dealer repairs??
Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By PJR832
  • 2 Post By IndianaJim
  • 2 Post By bhill
  • 2 Post By Super55
  • 1 Post By Levi

Thread: What's your average turnaround time for dealer repairs??

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 AM
    Thanks

I know this is a very variable answer based on extent of repairs and damage etc. but on average what is your turnaround time when your JD equipment had to go to the shop.

Reason I am asking is because my Gator has been at the dealership for over 10 weeks now. Parts seem to take an extremely long time (7 days). I bought the equipment used from them but they are an authorized JD dealership but it really seems I get the runaround from them. As best as I can interpret it looks like my gator gets pushed back into to the corner to fill other work orders such as warranty work and they go and work on it when they have a free minute. Needless to say it's getting to be pretty old constantly calling and saying that they will have it done on this day and call 3 days later to give them some leeway and it is still pending a work order to finalize repairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks

What issues with your Gator are you experiencing?
    Last edited by bhill; 07-07-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    2006 JD 3520
    300CX
    I-Match
    Frontier BB2272
    Frontier AF11E-6 Way Snow Blade
    Frontier SS1079 Poly Spreader
    ABI Classic 50 Manure Spreader
    Speeco Model 65 PHD
    Land Pride- Rotary Deck Mower
    Rimguard 610 lbs
    Ballast Box 510 lbs
    Artillan Forks
    Kens Bolt On Hooks.
    2012 JD Gator 825i
    Deluxe Cab with heat

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,233 Posts
    I only have one dealer repair experience and that was exactly 7 days from pick up to drop back off in my garage. Loader lift cylinder seals and a new scv for the FEL leakdown I was experiencing. But I should add, they knew this going in as they had already come to my house and checked it out for symptoms
    DRobinson, Levi and ky_shawn like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Ive had a few repair experiences at my local Deere dealer over the years.

Some time back my GS30 (36" walk behind) deck needed new spindle bearings and shafts, and instead of doing it myself, I let them.
    They had that done in about a week, including ordering all the parts.

Took my old 14SB mower in for a hard start condition, had that back in about a week as well.

My 2025R has had 3 warranty issues (one a setup issue), and the first time it went back they replaced the loader uprights with the correct ones and changed out my instrument cluster.
    That took 1 day, but they had the part already as I talked to them about it and they decided the best course was to order the part then let me know when it came in.
    I didnt wait for pick up/delivery as that usually adds a day each way to the repair, and Im not what youd call patient.

Second time was about the same, except it was one loader cylinder, and I swapped that myself, though they supplied the part under warranty.

My neighbor took his Stihl 270 to them for an odd running issue, and they had it about a week and a half, 3 different times and couldnt get it right. Had another dealer look at it and in 3 days he had it back, good as new (cracked intake).

My 318 was purchased at this same dealership by my Grandfather. When they would work on it, they never had it more than a week or two at the most.
    Ive never had them work on it. I do all the work on that one myself. Well, I do most of the work on everything myself, but warranty is warranty, if they will turn the wrenches instead of me having to, Im all for that. Time is a factor too, so if Im really busy with other things, Ill take something to them too.

If I had anything take longer than a week under anything but peak times for their big business (in my case mowing season), I would find somewhere else to take it.
    Sometimes that can be quite a ways away, but it can be worth the drive.
    Levi and ky_shawn like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:56 PM
    Thanks
    Depending on the time of the year you will see slower service times. Right now most dealerships are up to their eyeballs in AG service.
    DRobinson and ky_shawn like this.
    2006 JD 3520
    300CX
    I-Match
    Frontier BB2272
    Frontier AF11E-6 Way Snow Blade
    Frontier SS1079 Poly Spreader
    ABI Classic 50 Manure Spreader
    Speeco Model 65 PHD
    Land Pride- Rotary Deck Mower
    Rimguard 610 lbs
    Ballast Box 510 lbs
    Artillan Forks
    Kens Bolt On Hooks.
    2012 JD Gator 825i
    Deluxe Cab with heat

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:07 AM
    Thanks
    My gator initially went in for a transmission issue. It dropped out of fwd and went right into reverse. The gator rolled and still worked but would make a clanking sound when moving. Needless to say it was isolated to the trans/differential.

Initially they came back with a quote of just completely replacing the trans which was going to be serious $$ but the mechanic felt confident they could fix it for much cheaper than a complete trans replacement so I went ahead and approved the work. Ended up only costing 200 in parts instead of 3k +. Long story short they did all the repairs and bench tested it and it wasn't shifting as smoothly as it should so another part had to be ordered. Called the dealership to do a follow up and said the transmission was ready to go it just had to be reinstalled. This has been 10 days now. So I inquired as to when it might be done and it is always well maybe this day or possibly this day but from what they are seeing on the schedule there is never a work order time slot dedicated directly to my machine.

I understand other people are just as anxious to get their equipment back as I am but it literally seems like the dealer has no sense of urgency to get the equipment fixed and back to me. They've had it since the end of April.
    DRobinson and ky_shawn like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Most our dealer has had anything of mine was a week except when I trashed the transmission on the 2210 I had. That was going to take 2 weeks to a month or more. Mowing season and garden tilling was having to happen in no more then a couple days so I traded for my current 1026R. A month later I was in at the dealer and looked for the 2210 on the lot, it wasn't there. I asked about it and they said they had it sold as soon as they had it fixed. At that time I already had the garden tilled and planted and mowed 3 or 4 times. 10 weeks is to long for me. I'd find a different dealer.
    ky_shawn likes this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements