Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Merger

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks

Merger

If you live in NC the dealer network has realigned.
    Quality Equipment has merged with East Coast Equipment and will be known as Quality Equipment.
    That leaves 2 major players in the state now. Quality Equipment and James River Equipment. James River is already the only Construction and Forestry dealer in the state. The only other multi store dealer besides QE and JRE is Southeast Farm Equipment with only 6 stores total, 4 in NC. Only a hand full of Indy's remain and I am not sure how long they will last.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, DRobinson, Levi and 8 others like this.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

69project (08-19-2018), arlen (08-02-2018), Treefarmer (08-10-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Thanks
    The new world order, or maybe it’s the oldest order of them all...
    Big fish eats little fish
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

JD 997 Zero Turn

Farmall B

2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arlen View Post
    The new world order, or maybe it’s the oldest order of them all...
    Big fish eats little fish
    No one likes to loose their Mom and Pop places. Be it a grocery store, hardware, bakery ect. I know we try and visit our local merchants monthly.
    As far as Deere goes, the Mom and Pops are forced out. That sux. But on the flip side when a mega dealer takes over it can be a bonus. More training money for techs. Buying large quantities can mean lower prices on service items for the consumer. Quick shipping/transfer on parts not on hand ect. If I need a part I not only have the Deere warehouse but I have 40 other stores to pick from. And we can drop ship to you..
    Another thing we have done is set up locked containers at certain locations where we drop your parts serviced by route driver. You order, we drop. Customer unlocks and gets their parts close to their location.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    mjncad, DRobinson, arlen and 3 others like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks
    Lots of this going on around here. When I bought my 1025r in 2014 my John Deere dealer already belonged to a chain of about 15 dealers, with this one probably being the smallest with the least amount of inventory. This year they have merged with 3 other smaller chains and now have about 30 locations and a new name. One positive thing I've seen is this location now has the biggest inventory of tractors and gators than they've ever had. Hopefully they will get better in other ways also.

Last year the local Kubota dealer, an independent who had been here for over 30 years, decided to retire and sold out to a chain. They have really upped their inventory also.

Same is happening with several car dealerships and even ATV dealerships being bought out and super-sized. And I've never seen so many zero-turn dealers popping up, seems like there's one on every corner any more.
    DRobinson, Levi and PJR832 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Happened in our area few years back.
    They were like 4 different small dealers. They all became Central Jersey Equipment. Built new locations and have way more machines on display. I have noticed way more new machines in people's yards since then. Prices are below MSRP too.
    BigJim55, spferdil and PJR832 like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 PM
    Thanks
    Same thing around here. We have one dealer that is up to about 8 stores right now. But, we still have one independent (one store) dealer. My salesman (at the big dealer) said it was because Deere didn't want it to appear as though their store had a monopoly on Deere in the area.
    PJR832 likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    When all this started my local dealer who was pretty big - had a lawn & garden facility along with a forestry and construction. He was just at the age he wanted to retire so he sold out instead of trying to bend to Deere’s mandate. The place was never bought out and simply disappeared.

Now my nearest dealer is 75 miles away which equates to a 3 hour round trip.

10 years ago there was a green machine in every yard, field, and construction site. Not any more....
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks
    Was kind of the opposite around here. 20 - 30 years ago I wouldn't even have known where to find a John Deere dealer. Kubota had the small tractor market and CaseIH had always had the big Ag stuff. A few others came and went but never caught on. Then Cub Cadet came in and was competing with Kubota with their lawn tractors and compact diesels, and were getting pretty popular, I bought a couple and still have one. But then MTD decided to turn them into just another lawn mower company and many of the CC dealers went out, including mine.

When the CC store here closed the CaseIH dealer took it over for awhile and I could still get parts there, but then when MTD started letting Lowes sell Cub Cadets the CaseIH dealer said to hell with them and stopped handling anything for CC's.

That's when the first JD dealer came in, a couple of guys started up a dealership in the old Cub Cadet location. They never did very well, never had much inventory, and after a couple of years another small JD dealer about 40 miles away bought it and built it up a little. By then another small chain with several dealers 40 - 50 miles away in the other directions decided they wanted this one too and bought it, seemingly just to eliminate any competition while they were building up. Now both of them are in the same chain.

Have been seeing quite a bit of the John Deere big Ag stuff for several years now as they seem to be taking over that market, but still don't see many small tractors or anything else Deere, except at Home Depot and Lowes. The JD dealers here don't seem to be very interested in that market and you get the feeling they only carry the small stuff because JD probably requires it. Kind of understandable since there is not much market for them in the winter since no one here buys snow removal equipment, once mowing season is over that's pretty much it for the year for the small stuff. It's changing a little for the scuts but still has a long way to go.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Being a courier driver for deere Flash parts for over 20 years this started about 20 years ago. The smaller Mom and Pop dealers with out much inventory weren't ordering much and always behind on paying so they have been forced out and the larger dealers with more inventory and larger orders gobbled them up. the dealer I bought my 92 420 from has had 4 different names on it since.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Went down and signed papers, credit app actually, on a gator today.
    Talking with the manager he said they bought another small dealership in NW jersey.
    Said mother Deere likes to move volume. Bigger dealers give bigger deals and incentives. If they clear $500 on a small tractor or gator, they’re fine with it. Good for customers.
    Kennyd likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast