How to get the best price on 1025R TLB?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: How to get the best price on 1025R TLB?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 10:00 AM
    Thanks

How to get the best price on 1025R TLB?

Hello,
    Sorry if this has been beaten to death but I did try to search the forum and couldn't really find an answer.

I have 2+ acres which includes large garden, stream, and small patch of woods. I had a conventional cheap big box rider that died. I used that as an excuse to go JD shopping and really wanted the 1025 but although it would have been great I couldnt afford the $20K pricetag.

I ended up getting the X350 for my lawn with plans to get something larger later. Fast forward 3 years and NOW is later.

I have an immediate need to dig a 3 foot deep trench to run some electrical and water lines to some out buildings and I looked into renting a mini excavator and it is about $350/day in my area. It made me recall wanting the 1025 and all the projects I could get done with it. I have been pricing the 1025R on JD site and i am always coming up around $25K.

A trip to my local JD dealer over the weekend to purchase a Stihl power sythe for my Kombi (they are also a Stihl dealer), lead me to some discussion on the 1025R. I have had zero luck over the past 3 years getting the dealer to move much on price. They tell me the price is the price and there is no haggling. No deals, other then JD 0% financing now and then.

My question is... I just got a quote from them for a 1025R TLB out the door price of $20, 776.00. They claim that there is currently some special discounts that are unheard of normally and I can combine it with the 0% financing. This is about $5K off the MSRP configured price on JD website. And to top it off they are throwing in the ballast box. Does this seem like a good deal? Is there still room to negotiate? I have heard there is zero room for negotiation with JD dealers and up until now I found that to be true from my dealer at least. The mower I had zero luck getting them to budge on price and i had to beg for them to give me a JD hat with the mower.

I use common sense when purchasing large sticker items like this and like ot think im not stupid nor do i get raked over the coals, but just looking for overall advice purchasing something like this from JD dealer and if there is room to wiggle and what other have experienced.

Thanks
    Levi, BigJim55 and Robnik like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks
    There are numerous threads discussing this very topic and over the years the situation has been pretty much the same all over. Depending on your specific dealer, you end up paying somewhere between 8%-20% less that the Deere "Build Your Own" site list price.

They claim that there is currently some special discounts that are unheard of normally and I can combine it with the 0% financing.
    There are no "unheard of" deals. Deere is currently running a "0% APR fixed rate for 60 Months AND Save up to $1,300 on New John Deere 1 Family Sub‑Compact Utility Tractors" promotion. That isn't all that unusual. Deere has had one promotion or another running for at least the last 4 years and all of them have included the 0% financing on new CUTs.

I'd suggest that you shop other Deere dealers if you have any others in your area. In my experience, they won't directly compete against each other so they very rarely look at another dealer's offer and match or beat it. You simply take which ever deal is the best overall offer. Once they give you a price in writing they tend to stick with that price and any haggling is done with.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbodamer View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry if this has been beaten to death but I did try to search the forum and couldn't really find an answer.

I have 2+ acres which includes large garden, stream, and small patch of woods. I had a conventional cheap big box rider that died. I used that as an excuse to go JD shopping and really wanted the 1025 but although it would have been great I couldnt afford the $20K pricetag.

I ended up getting the X350 for my lawn with plans to get something larger later. Fast forward 3 years and NOW is later.

I have an immediate need to dig a 3 foot deep trench to run some electrical and water lines to some out buildings and I looked into renting a mini excavator and it is about $350/day in my area. It made me recall wanting the 1025 and all the projects I could get done with it. I have been pricing the 1025R on JD site and i am always coming up around $25K.

A trip to my local JD dealer over the weekend to purchase a Stihl power sythe for my Kombi (they are also a Stihl dealer), lead me to some discussion on the 1025R. I have had zero luck over the past 3 years getting the dealer to move much on price. They tell me the price is the price and there is no haggling. No deals, other then JD 0% financing now and then.

My question is... I just got a quote from them for a 1025R TLB out the door price of $20, 776.00. They claim that there is currently some special discounts that are unheard of normally and I can combine it with the 0% financing. This is about $5K off the MSRP configured price on JD website. And to top it off they are throwing in the ballast box. Does this seem like a good deal? Is there still room to negotiate? I have heard there is zero room for negotiation with JD dealers and up until now I found that to be true from my dealer at least. The mower I had zero luck getting them to budge on price and i had to beg for them to give me a JD hat with the mower.

I use common sense when purchasing large sticker items like this and like ot think im not stupid nor do i get raked over the coals, but just looking for overall advice purchasing something like this from JD dealer and if there is room to wiggle and what other have experienced.

Thanks
    I cant say one way or another in your area, but when I started looking seriously, I got quotes on the 1025 and 2025 from a few dealers, while trying to make up my mind.
    I got two quotes for just a hair under $20k, before tax. Adding tax, your price looks to be a bit better, but I know that one of the dealers I got a quote from is known to have very good pricing, so Id say you are ok on that quote.
    Just make sure the bucket is the size you want, as they offer two sizes, the 49" and 53". Also make sure you get the Imatch with the tractor if you ever plan to have any rear implements. Its considerably cheaper with the tractor purchase than it is to buy after the fact.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Thanks
    My Ag Pro dealer had them advertised for 18,999 couple months ago. I have not been there since then so I don't know if they are still available at that price.
    Last edited by keefus; 09-24-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Levi, OxPath and Robnik like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Everyone including myself wants the best price but often times we forget about service. Me personally I'll pay a little more up front to get very good service later. Just something to consider when shopping. Check on line reputation and ask others in the area how service was when needed by the dealer of your choice.
    Kennyd, North585, Levi and 3 others like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Thanks
    That sounds like a fair price. Keep in mind the cost of shopping from an out of town dealer. You'l have the trip to go get it and if you don't have a trailer & suitable tow vehicle, that will be an additional expense. The local dealer will likely deliver it at no charge and if you should happen to need warranty service, pick it up at no charge.

Where are you located?
    Last edited by martincom; 09-24-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Thanks
    Just did the same shopping. Went to a larger dealer with several stores. Got a quote from them. Was asking about new grapple they are releasing and he said he heard about it, but couldn't get a price on it. Then told me it won't be ready for release till November. I asked if quoted price would be good till November because I really wanted to roll grapple into the 0%. He told me this promotion going on would end in September, could possibly push it to October. By November he said is Deere's new fiscal year and doubt they would run it then.

So, went to another dealer that was closer, was a ma & pa store. They beat the other guys quote. Then asked about grapple, they told me yeah, we got a price on it. With adding the grapple, third function valve and hoses, it came out around $700 more than first one. I signed the order the other day. Getting the 1025R with FIL, iMatch, grapple, forks, Mauser cab, box blade and snowblower.

Kenny will be getting an order for hooks and cheeseburger friendly seat springs.
    Kennyd, Levi, OxPath and 2 others like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Thanks
    Price seems fair.

My dealer said that ballast box is included with all units with FEL regardless of whether or not you get TLB/FILB from JD. They told me I would never use it on account of the backhoe but I feel like the backhoe is far from adequate ballast compared to the ballast box.

2018 1025R TLB (120R/260B), 54" MMM auto connect/mulch, 54" rear snow blower (SB1154), 60” FEL mounted snow blade (AF10F), iMatch, Heavy Hitch and bolt on toothbar, Ken's bolt on hooks, diff lock, seat springs.
    Levi, OxPath and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
    Thanks

72 months 0%

A few weeks ago I went to trade my 2305. I knew what I wanted in trade and what they were offering my 1025R with loader and 60 in MMM for. So I sat down in the salesman’s office asking about adding a couple of options and he started quoting me payments. It took a minute for it to sink in then I asked how he came up with that payment. He said it was 0% for 72 months he said they were offering that. I still cannot find it advertised anywhere but that is what I recieved through JD credit. Made it sting a little less. Don’t know if that sweetens the deal for you but it certainly is worth asking about
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast